Options

Tessa Jowell confirms she is to run for London Mayor

2»

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    If anything is finally going dent house prices in London, it will be a labour mayor.

Seriously - under the last Labour Mayor house prices probably rose higher in percentage terms than in any eight year period in London's history. They literally tripled - and more.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anything is finally going dent house prices in London, it will be a labour mayor.

How would a Labour mayor "dent" prices? Livingstone didn't do it.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Unlikely, but if true - good news for first-time buyers!

Not necessarily. A fall in prices just means that property is more affordable for everyone so there is more competition, especially from cash buyers such as buy-to-letters and foreign investors. What ill help first time buyers is a bigger supply of starter homes and mortgages being more available.
  • Options
    clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Jowell is probably the best of a bad bunch from Labour. She did lot of good work on the Olympics and won't scare off moderates like Abbott would or Livingstone did.

Still no sign of who the Conservative candidate will be. I would have liked to have seen Seb Coe run but he's not interested.

I wouldn't want her representing me after Jowellgate, but I'm not a Londoner, thankfully.