Kindle Fire HD - Can't get Iplayer to work

Buster1874Buster1874 Posts: 1,299
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello. I've just got a Kindle Fire HD. I've installed BBC Iplayer and Media Player, but I can't get Iplayer to work. The selected programme appears on screen...but does not play. Can anybody advise please?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Ive got a similar problem. Mines a kindle fire (not hd) and have got bbc iplyer on it but it says I need to download the bbc media player.I go to the app store and when I ckick to buy it says my device is not compatible. Any ideas please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Try uninstalling the Iplayer app then installing the bbc media player app first.
    Then reinstall the Iplayer app, it does work with both sd and hd versions of the fire.
    There also is a known issue with some wifi connections which the BBC have said will be fixed in the next update.
    If you find it won't connect try changing the stream quality in the settings .
    This is the problem the BBC are trying to fix,I have a 20Mb broadband connection and have this problem when the app is set to high quality streaming.But works at medium and low.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    solmask wrote: »
    Try uninstalling the Iplayer app then installing the bbc media player app first.
    Then reinstall the Iplayer app, it does work with both sd and hd versions of the fire.
    There also is a known issue with some wifi connections which the BBC have said will be fixed in the next update.
    If you find it won't connect try changing the stream quality in the settings .
    This is the problem the BBC are trying to fix,I have a 20Mb broadband connection and have this problem when the app is set to high quality streaming.But works at medium and low.

Thankyou,will try that.x