giant pads

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Looks nice
    Lenovo is a good choice.
    I have used, rolled out and supported plenty of their Thinkpads and Servers over many years.
    That model can have the memory upgraded, but 4gb is plenty for what they are doing.
    It will certainly be reliable and Lenovo offer a decent guarantee and support.
    Are you going to teach them how to use Windows 8? :)
  • Options
    kazzabeeekazzabeee Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you've made a good choice there. It looks nice as well as having a good spec.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Looks nice
    Lenovo is a good choice.
    I have used, rolled out and supported plenty of their Thinkpads and Servers over many years.
    That model can have the memory upgraded, but 4gb is plenty for what they are doing.
    It will certainly be reliable and Lenovo offer a decent guarantee and support.

I have never used a Lenovo, so I am not sure what junk they stick on it, I myself don't normally buy pre-built machines. but i do know that a lot of these machines comes with a load of junk, I remember my Acer laptop.

I think the specs are fine and will do what they want, but now he wants a tablet for himself :)
    His OH told him he can get a tesco value one as a joke, not realising that Tesco have now got a tablet on sale.
    I am leaving that to them.
    Are you going to teach them how to use Windows 8? :)

His OH don't like the look of Metro, she tried it on a friends of hers laptop and hated it, she wants it gone and asked if I can get rid of it.

it is no good me teaching them how to use windows 8 as i go straight into the desktop.

kazzabeee wrote: »
    I think you've made a good choice there. It looks nice as well as having a good spec.

It does look good and with plenty of internal storage, I just hope if the drive goes it is easy to replace, not like a Apple IMAC.
  • Options
    kazzabeeekazzabeee Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could always download Classic Shell which overlays Windows 8 with a Windows 7 interface. I'm sure there are other similar programs you could use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazzabeee wrote: »
    You could always download Classic Shell which overlays Windows 8 with a Windows 7 interface. I'm sure there are other similar programs you could use.

i know that, I do that on my own windows 8 machine. It is being delivered on Friday, He had to hold it back as no one will be home until Friday to receive it. Works out ok as I am off work Friday, so can help him sort it out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    I am not sure what they I5 is cheaper than the I3

The i5 version is sold direct by Amazon.

The i3 is a third party seller chancing their arm by trying to sell it at a vastly inflated price.

Not a fan of these all-in-one systems myself but it looks decent enough. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sancheeez wrote: »
    The i5 version is sold direct by Amazon.

The i3 is a third party seller chancing their arm by trying to sell it at a vastly inflated price.

i did not notice that, i think it will do them for a few years
    Not a fan of these all-in-one systems myself but it looks decent enough. :)

Nor me to be honest, for the same reason I am not fond of laptops. difficult to fix and upgrade.

One of the reason I stay away from tablets, apart from the fact their Os is pretty limited, even if some people on here do use them for different things. you got them and you can't really add to them or update them. you are stuck with the processor and memory and a lot you can't even update the storage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Yep.

Which is why I prefer to have (at least) one each of pretty much everything! :D