Options

Could UKIP have more seats than the Lib-Dems...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I have A level maths - but even I struggle with your calculations.
    UKIP got 42% of the vote.
    The total vote was 15% down on the general election.
    Therefore the UKIP vote in comparison to the GE vote was 35.7%
    (42 x .85 =35.7)
    What's so hard?

Yes I know that some of the missing 15% might have voted UKIP, but it's only a broad measure that may still be statistically significant and the sort of thing that's used to try and divine these things. Just like Reckless dropped his majority by 6k by switching.
    It's one of the reasons that UKIP have been rather quiet on second-guessing May and being triumphal. A big proportion of a small vote is no real indicator of success. And they expected a larger majority.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,596
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    By the looks of the last 48 hours its the tweets of Labour MPs you have to be worried about - not those of UKIP parish council candidates! The tabloids will be on 24 hour patrol.

But even if we jest about Ms Thornberry wouldn't it be nice if people debated the policies - like them or not - rather more than the personalities. One or two tweets does not a party make!

Indeed it does not, What makes a party is what it says and what it then does. Hence my suspicion of UKIP grows when.................well you know about Nigels agent so no need to go over it all again.