Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 186)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bexmil89 wrote: »
    Brendan would just have to be naked to give ste pleasure ;)

hmmmm:cool: he is more like bigger stuff's man:o
    lulu g wrote: »
    No, he got him a deli. It was what he wanted, even if it wasn't what we (or Brendan) wanted for him. He loved him that much.

And now that guy which Brendan never liked will be owner instead of STE himself which it 's supposed to be a memory and proof as how much he cared and loved him :cry:

ETA: OVER ! :o:cool: OF course he is...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bexmil89 wrote: »
    Naked brendan would give us all pleasure.

It annoys me that the writers seem to have forgotten that the deli belongs soley to ste

I think they think we don't pay close attention to these things...they clearly don't know us.
  • MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ayla_89 wrote: »
    Yes that's true actually. I guess with a story like theirs it's astounding how much care and attention it was given. I'm fairly confident Ste will have more to say about Brendan in the future.

Do you really think he will, I really hope you are right

When Kieron gave his interview and said that Ste was going to have a breakdown and there would be tears, I had assumed this would be in response to losing Brendan but now it looks like its going to be about his mum returning, which is fine however I feel if we don't see Ste actually grieve for Brendan then for me it will cheapen the feelings that he had for him.

This is only my opinion though, feel free to disagree
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I don't expect to hear Brendan's name mentioned much at all, if ever (and I'm thinking 'never' would be the most likely). TPTB know that they have lost a major player. They won't want to dwell on that. They have to hope that they can engage our attention enough with topless but uninteresting Roscoes and, er, Will, that we will forget about Brendan and become enthused with whatever inferior fare they are serving up now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't expect to hear Brendan's name mentioned much at all, if ever (and I'm thinking 'never' would be the most likely). TPTB know that they have lost a major player. They won't want to dwell on that. They have to hope that they can engage our attention enough with topless but uninteresting Roscoes and, er, Will, that we will forget about Brendan and become enthused with whatever inferior fare they are serving up now.

They have portrayed Brendan as the love of Ste's life though, it would be ridiculous to have Ste act like he never existed. I don't buy this idea that Ste becoming a drug dealer is to do with Brendan, Kieron has already stated that Ste is doing it for the money and to support his kids. I know we have to move on from Brendan/Stendan but jaysus I never thought it would be this quick
    Forum Member
    MissCeltic wrote: »
    They have portrayed Brendan as the love of Ste's life though, it would be ridiculous to have Ste act like he never existed. I don't buy this idea that Ste becoming a drug dealer is to do with Brendan, Kieron has already stated that Ste is doing it for the money and to support his kids. I know we have to move on from Brendan/Stendan but jaysus I never thought it would be this quick
    It's not what I would have wanted by any means, but HO, and soaps generally, do not generally allow characters to take a reasonable amount of time to get over something that would totally devastate someone in real life so, sadly, I'm not surprised. If anything, I am mildly surprised that they have not had Ste falling for someone else already. I wouldn't assume that it will be too long, though.
  • GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except for the fact that it is clearly all about Brendan. It's been said on screen that it's about Brendan. It's evident in dialogue that it's about Brendan and it's obvious in Kieron's performances that Ste is devastated about Brendan.

He's nowhere near moving on and that is there for anyone to see.

It's ridiculous to even say that Ste is acting like Brendan never existed when it goes against everything that is being presented on the show. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except for the fact that it is clearly all about Brendan. It's been said on screen that it's about Brendan. It's evident in dialogue that it's about Brendan and it's obvious in Kieron's performances that Ste is devastated about Brendan.

It's ridiculous to even say that Ste is acting like Brendan never existed when it goes against everything that is being presented on the show.

I am sorry I just don't agree, I respect your opinion though.
    Forum Member

It's ridiculous to even say that Ste is acting like Brendan never existed when it goes against everything that is being presented on the show.
    I hope you're right, Going, but I do wonder if things that seem clear to us as Brendan fans are as clear to the viewers in general, and whether they are meant to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope you're right, Going, but I do wonder if things that seem clear to us as Brendan fans are as clear to the viewers in general, and whether they are meant to be.

If you asked any single viewer or anyone in the other threads why Ste is acting like he is they will all tell you it's because he's lost Brendan. That is the story they presented us. :o

There's no other justification or reasoning behind his current mood and action others than losing Brendan as a trigger.

He's gone off the rails. If all he wanted was money for his kids he had the deli for that. But he's in such a bad place mentally that he's trying to buy the club and getting involved with drugs because that's the state he's been left in by losing Brendan.

Why else would he doing this? Why else would he have returned to crime and finally left that awful deli if not because he's devastated? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started reading Bralker fics what's wrong with me?!? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    I'm awake earlier than I wanted to be. Off to capital summertime ball today, so will miss Kieron's live show. Hope he lets some Ste secrets out. ;)

See you later :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Morning.

So no-one questions the fact Paul carries his bride down the aisle? No-one stops and thinks, this is strange? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nezzie wrote: »
    I started reading Bralker fics what's wrong with me?!? :o

:eek:
    khughes90 wrote: »
    Morning.

So no-one questions the fact Paul carries his bride down the aisle? No-one stops and thinks, this is strange? :rolleyes:

And as if the priest/vicar wouldn't think twice about marrying them after that!

I also don't like how Jim is being dragged down as Browning's sidekick.
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    If you asked any single viewer or anyone in the other threads why Ste is acting like he is they will all tell you it's because he's lost Brendan. That is the story they presented us. :o
    Would they? I'm not really too sure about that ... :o Most of the mentions I see about Ste in other threads don't make an automatic connection between his current behaviour / SL and the loss of Brendan. The assumptions (from posts I've seen) seems to be that BK, having resumed control, is just reverting Ste back to the chavvy, petty criminal he started out as.

When Ste first declared an interest in selling his half of the deli (which he apparently has no rights to anymore, it's just Doug's now :rolleyes: ) and buying Chez Chez, it was pretty obvious that it was motivated by wanting to keep some connection to Brendan. But since then, apart from one mention of losing 'the love of his life' , I really don't think it's been presented very clearly to the viewer exactly why Ste is carrying on down this path.

It's similar to the run-up to the Stug wedding. I think that we, the viewers, were meant to know that Ste still had feelings for Brendan, and was conflicted and unsure about marrying Doug. But it never came across onscreen very well. Ste always looked very happy in his scenes with Doug, and didn't display any signs of hesitance or uncertainty during the preparations for the wedding. At that point, most (non-Stendan fan) viewers would have totally accepted that Ste was over Brendan and happy to be marrying Doug.

HO's storytelling can be very ambiguous and confusing at times. People shouldn't have to be filling in the blanks and making up their own conclusions. I think Ste's motivations are open to subjective interpretation - I like to think that he's like this because of the void that Brendan has left in his life (in all our lives :( ) but I think I can see that the more casual viewers wouldn't necessarily draw the same conclusion.

ETA: and I think this goes back to Lulu g's earlier point, that Ste's feelings of loss for Brendan will never be openly addressed because HO's don't want to dwell on the loss of Brendan, they want people to forget and move on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:

And as if the priest/vicar wouldn't think twice about marrying them after that!

I also don't like how Jim is being dragged down as Browning's sidekick.

I don't know what happened I read one and then kept going...I can't stop!! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nezzie wrote: »
    I don't know what happened I read one and then kept going...I can't stop!! :confused:

You're not well. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was about to reply to some people then I realised it would be pointless.

Anyway, Brendan is the sex :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's so stubbly Hanni. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's so stubbly Hanni. :o
    And his voice is so hot when he says "I love you" :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    he so perfickt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And his voice is so hot when he says "I love you" :o

Remember when we thought we'd never hear it? :cry:
    khughes90 wrote: »
    he so perfickt

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember when we thought we'd never hear it? :cry:
    Tzt, we were young and ignorant back then :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not well. ;)

I miss Brendan I'm gonna blame it on that and continue reading till I make myself sick of it

He always stares at Stes eyes first and then goes immediately to his lips...love.
This discussion has been closed.