Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Marcus now living at Eileen's, (I thought he was now living at Julie's)? If that's the case, that is now four men in their thirties all living with Eileen in her poky little house, and where do they all sleep? If by some miracle, Eileen's two up ,two down now has a 3rd bedroom, it must only be a boxroom, and everyone knows Sean has been living in the downstairs front room for years, so does Marcus now live with Todd in the boxroom:confused: Even more of a SOR is Marcus now living in the same house that he lived in for years with his ex, who still lives there. What a set up!
  • FionnBFionnB Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    That was extremely convenient for Michael that a vacancy just happened to be open on the day he and Gail went to Streetcars......who'd have thought!

This was so ridiculous. Why on earth would Gail march Michael straight round to Streetcars to ask for a job. Then again, it's no wonder she could say with all confidence: "Come with me and I'll find you a job" as she lives in the only street in the world where jobs can be picked up at a moment's notice and where you are quite likely to be offered one when you pop in for a pint. No wonder either that Marcus was so sure that Todd would easily pick up another job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as above - the whole Todd thing is laughable. he goes off to the bright lights of the big smoke and returns a completely different character. is there ever going to be an explanation as to why he is now essentially a different person?

also Eileen's lodging situation is beyond contempt. she's effectively got the entire village people living under one roof.

Owen - previously had work coming out of his ears and now can't even get a job anywhere.

Roy's mother - still alive but drops off the edge of the earth during his darkest hours
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FionnB wrote: »
    This was so ridiculous. Why on earth would Gail march Michael straight round to Streetcars to ask for a job. Then again, it's no wonder she could say with all confidence: "Come with me and I'll find you a job" as she lives in the only street in the world where jobs can be picked up at a moment's notice and where you are quite likely to be offered one when you pop in for a pint. No wonder either that Marcus was so sure that Todd would easily pick up another job.

this is indeed hilarious. where else in the world does everyone live and work on the same street?
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    'Tis the way of Corrie. Make it obvious.- Todd is not genuine. He's behind you! And he's doing his Pantomime villain smirk! Mwahahaha!

Who's this walking down the street? It's David and Kylie. Do you think they will catch Gail and Michael when they turn the corner?

Leanne and Kal are going out. Do you think Steph will ring and ask Leanne to go to work? Do you think Leanne be cross with Nick?

Steve tells Michelle he wants to start a limo business. Michelle has found him a limo. That was quick. Isn't she a clever girl?

Agree with all of this - you can see so much of it coming :(

The Todd thing with the smirk. It's happened before countless times, so we knew it was coming first time last night, and then, just to drive it home, we got it again

David and Kylie. Once Gail and Les Dennis were outside, you just knew they would be walking down the street. Once they were walking down the street, you just knew they would go round the corner by the taxi office (for what reason?) just like Chesney used to materialise every time Kateh and Ryun were on the street

Leanne and Kal. Steph even managed to see just what Nick was up to, yet still phoned Leanne for help. Leanne said she was "up to her eyes" (or similar) and "on here own", yet the following scenes showed it no busier than usual and also a waiter and waitress working in the background :confused:

Steve and Michelle. Obviously Steve has no "friends in the trade" and hasn't heard of AutoTrader, so it's a good job she's there!!
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    Agree cedric. That relationship is a weeping SOR. While we're waiting for the great reveal of Todd's 'I sponge off Marcus' game plan, Marcus is embroiled in endless mini-plots that all end in him letting Mariuh down, letting Leeyum down, and probably letting Ozzy down if they could remember where they'd put him.

Last night's was a typical set-up. "I must have forgotten to set the alarm clock," says the pouting princeling, with a puzzled look. Cue mildly exasperated 'boys will be boys' response from Marcus, who with his famously forgiving personality is getting the shitty end of all these sls and made to look a right plonker, while Todd twirls his downy moustache to nobody in particular.

Make it end, CS. Soon.

I'll vote with you on this one! Todd is bad enough, with his constant blatant manipulation of Marcus, but Marcus himself is as bad in his own way for drifting along not seeing what's happening right before his eyes and, or the rare occasions he does twig, just forgiving Todd yet again.........
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they're responding to criticisms like ours on here. There's been a definite change in her attitude to Steve lately - with no explanation.

It certainly seems that way. They are trying to make her more likeable and justify her status.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    Agree cedric. That relationship is a weeping SOR. While we're waiting for the great reveal of Todd's 'I sponge off Marcus' game plan, Marcus is embroiled in endless mini-plots that all end in him letting Mariuh down, letting Leeyum down, and probably letting Ozzy down if they could remember where they'd put him.

Last night's was a typical set-up. "I must have forgotten to set the alarm clock," says the pouting princeling, with a puzzled look. Cue mildly exasperated 'boys will be boys' response from Marcus, who with his famously forgiving personality is getting the shitty end of all these sls and made to look a right plonker, while Todd twirls his downy moustache to nobody in particular.

Make it end, CS. Soon.

It'll end when Marcus leaves. Anyone know when that is? *

BIB LOL! :D:D:D We boo and hiss in our house!

* Edit August not too long now!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a560476/coronation-street-star-on-marcus-exit-its-not-a-hideous-ending.html#~oIX8UfHqBJmAqe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Maria in the Rovers? Who just so happens to walk in when she is grovelling to Fiz, Todd and Marcus of course.

While they are at it with Todd, why not just put in some sound effects of people booing when he walks on-screen? He is such a ridiculous character, so laughable, are we meant to take him seriously? He belongs in a children's cartoon, not a drama.

Sorry, I forgot about Maria. As soon as she appears, I begin to get a glazed expression and slip into a coma! Some hideous snarling from Fiz The Fiesty soon brings me back though! :o

BIB Recast him as Dick Dastardly. Sean can be Muttley.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizz having a go at Maria for putting her through that. She's got a short memory, when she first went to live with Roy and Hayley, she accused him of sexually assaulting her. So Fizz, can you imagine what Roy went through?

Thought it was a bit odd when Andrea received the text from Neil. I don't know anyone who texts me on a regular basis who says their name at the end of the message. It's usually a smiley face, kiss etc. no doubt that was for our benefit.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    So Kal tells Leanne about how his father adheres to Ramadan. But a few scenes before with Gail and Nick, Sharif was holding a cup of water. I take it he isn't fasting...:D
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely, they can have water?
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    'Tis the way of Corrie. Make it obvious.- Todd is not genuine. He's behind you! And he's doing his Pantomime villain smirk! Mwahahaha!

Who's this walking down the street? It's David and Kylie. Do you think they will catch Gail and Michael when they turn the corner?

Leanne and Kal are going out. Do you think Steph will ring and ask Leanne to go to work? Do you think Leanne be cross with Nick?

Steve tells Michelle he wants to start a limo business. Michelle has found him a limo. That was quick. Isn't she a clever girl?
    You make it sound just like the 'Janet and John' learning to read books.
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    fayemian wrote: »
    <watching tonight's> so Aliya needs a holiday job, so Gail has to step aside and be the cleaner?

Are employers allowed to do that now? :D

Must have missed it if already mentioned, but the gym suddenly has all these receptionists on the books and they have to change hours or get moved to a cleaning job to accommodate them all - yet the other night there appeared to be a random never seen before male extra working at the reception desk.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Michelle is clearly the brains behind all of Steve's businesses and her finding the limo and coming up with the idea of Tracy and Rob proves it. I mean it's not like the PTB at Corrie are trying to prove a point and have read criticisms like Steve runs two successful businesses and what the **** does Michelle do, is it? No, no Michelle Conner knows about business and has connections. Her latest suggestions just prove it.
    Aye, Michelle's a smart cookie.

Shame she can't seem to do the books!
    They abstain from food, drink and whatnot from dawn to sunset.

That scene with Gail clearly happened inbetween, most likely the morning. So either he wasn't fasting, or was holding a cup of water for someone else.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I'd have thought so - you can have water when fasting for a blood test. In fact they prefer it as your veins are easier to find. Besides which they'd become dehydrated without water and that's not good.
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    I'd have thought so - you can have water when fasting for a blood test. In fact they prefer it as your veins are easier to find. Besides which they'd become dehydrated without water and that's not good.

No food or liquids between sunrise and sunset. I didn't think there were any exceptions, but I'm not Muslim.
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apparently at the end of fast you can drink water or eat dates
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with all of this - you can see so much of it coming :(

The Todd thing with the smirk. It's happened before countless times, so we knew it was coming first time last night, and then, just to drive it home, we got it again

David and Kylie. Once Gail and Les Dennis were outside, you just knew they would be walking down the street. Once they were walking down the street, you just knew they would go round the corner by the taxi office (for what reason?) just like Chesney used to materialise every time Kateh and Ryun were on the street

Leanne and Kal. Steph even managed to see just what Nick was up to, yet still phoned Leanne for help. Leanne said she was "up to her eyes" (or similar) and "on here own", yet the following scenes showed it no busier than usual and also a waiter and waitress working in the background :confused:

Steve and Michelle. Obviously Steve has no "friends in the trade" and hasn't heard of AutoTrader, so it's a good job she's there!!

I'm just waiting for new look Corrie. There will be no speaking by the actors and limited movement. A voiceover will narrate and ask rhetorical questions in a patronising tone - a la children's TV.

Here's Fiz. Fiz looks cross. Has someone upset her? Oh look, Maria has just come round the corner.

Gail and Michael are in the cafe. Do you think David and Kylie will come into the cafe?

Todd is unhappy. Marcus is going to see Liam. Todd is going to hatch one of his cunning plans.

Join us again tomorrrow everyone. Michelle will be folding and unfolding her arms and Steve will be practising airport runs. Bye-bye everybody, bye-bye.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ............ Eileen's two up ,two down now has a 3rd bedroom, it must only be a boxroom, and everyone knows Sean has been living in the downstairs front room for years,..............

That was always the assumption, when trying (and failing) to work out how Eileen's house could fit everyone in.

However, it was revealed in the past week that Sean sleeps upstairs (to allow gary to claim that he'd slept on the settee). The scriptwriters have a really low opinion of the audience's intelligence.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how Nick and David are now the best of friends and "confiding" in each other.

Have they forgotten David tried to kill Nick?
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick acting the "hard man" was laughable!!!!!
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just waiting for new look Corrie. There will be no speaking by the actors and limited movement. A voiceover will narrate and ask rhetorical questions in a patronising tone - a la children's TV.

Here's Fiz. Fiz looks cross. Has someone upset her? Oh look, Maria has just come round the corner.

Gail and Michael are in the cafe. Do you think David and Kylie will come into the cafe?

Todd is unhappy. Marcus is going to see Liam. Todd is going to hatch one of his cunning plans.

Join us again tomorrrow everyone. Michelle will be folding and unfolding her arms and Steve will be practising airport runs. Bye-bye everybody, bye-bye.

How long have you been a scriptwriter? It sounds good.
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it restricts the times he can be out, not where he can go. Didn't he say something about not been able to dance all night.

Well if he's on a tag, presumably he's on a curfew (most ex burglars aren't allowed out overnight while out on license) he'd be a rubbish employee for a cab firm. Wouldn't they need people to work a 24 hour shift pattern?

Re Ramadan; definitely no water allowed, I'm a PCSO and carry water on my belt in summer, but I was chatting to a civil enforcement chap once, and he said his Muslim colleagues were really struggling (this was last year when it was roasting.) Ramadan moves a bit each year though so it's easier in winter!
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

EUREKA!

The Pontipines and Wattingers add up to TWENTY people into just TWO adjoining semi-detached houses each with TEN people sleeping on ONE room. Eileen's accommodation problems pale into insignificance in comparison.;-)
This discussion has been closed.