✭✭
    i was interested to see the kick off times :(
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Me too, what's the time differences?
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The venues to be used in Russia are mostly 3 hours ahead with the exceptions of Kaliningrad which is 2 hrs and Yekaterinburg which is 5 hrs ahead. So I guess we're looking at kick-off times of around 11am, 2pm & 5pm in the UK unless they shift some to later times locally to match W European prime time and US morning/lunch time.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those times would stop the Soap fans from Whinging
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »
    The venues to be used in Russia are mostly 3 hours ahead with the exceptions of Kaliningrad which is 2 hrs and Yekaterinburg which is 5 hrs ahead. So I guess we're looking at kick-off times of around 11am, 2pm & 5pm in the UK unless they shift some to later times locally to match W European prime time and US morning/lunch time.

you gotta be kidding me? hopefully they will push them back, earliest start should be 2pm-2pm(when i say should be i mean from a selfish pov lol)

i dont mind booking half days for world cups but full days would feel a bit wrong lol
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    you gotta be kidding me? hopefully they will push them back, earliest start should be 2pm-2pm(when i say should be i mean from a selfish pov lol)

i dont mind booking half days for world cups but full days would feel a bit wrong lol

You couldnt have enjoyed the 2002 World Cup then with 7:30 starts in the morning
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Think I worry about that in 2018 ;-)
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Think I worry about that in 2018 ;-)

Exactly, i could be dead in 4 years time, i hope they are not all on during the day though, i will miss a load of games due to being at work, but like you said worry about it in 2018.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You couldnt have enjoyed the 2002 World Cup then with 7:30 starts in the morning

luckily i was working part time evenings back in 2002 so i saw most games.

yeah deal with this in 2018, if i have to book a week or so off work i will!
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone please make a mental note to find and bump this thread in three and a half years time as it's not needed until then!
  • DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manchester United/Chelsea champions league final was on at 8pm UK time, so there's still some hope that the 4-yearly soap whinge will not be missed.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DMN1968 wrote: »
    Manchester United/Chelsea champions league final was on at 8pm UK time, so there's still some hope that the 4-yearly soap whinge will not be missed.

2 years, don't forget Euro 2016.:D
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »

I think that is indeed what will happen. Staging matches at 11am and 5pm UK time just because it suits Russian TV viewers makes no sense : they're not the ones paying literally billions to FIFA in the way Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain etc are in TV rights. Russia themselves probably haven't a hope of winning WC 2018 and will be doing very well to get to even the quarter final (unless they improve dramatically in the meantime), so the priority will have to be the western European TV audience
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I think that is indeed what will happen. Staging matches at 11am and 5pm UK time just because it suits Russian TV viewers makes no sense : they're not the ones paying literally billions to FIFA in the way Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain etc are in TV rights. Russia themselves probably haven't a hope of winning WC 2018 and will be doing very well to get to even the quarter final (unless they improve dramatically in the meantime), so the priority will have to be the western European TV audience

I can easily see games kicking off at as late 10 or 11 pm in Russia.
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

I always book off whatever it takes to avoid missing any games. This year, despite the earliest kick offs being at 5pm, I still booked a full two weeks off plus four half days (the first Friday, and the three second round/quarter final days where there were 5pm weekday kick offs).

I had it booked for about two years, ever since the schedule was first announced!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    I can easily see games kicking off at as late 10 or 11 pm in Russia.

10pm would be perfectly manageable, there's no reason matches can't be played at that time.

Perhaps they could arrange for Russia to play all their games at 8pm local time to suit the Russian TV audience, nobody would have a problem with that.