Tess/Fletch (Casualty) appreciation thread.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress who plays Fletchs wife finished filming for good at the beginning of June.. Not sure how significant that is.. Film 4 months ahead so last scenes should be end of sept/ oct time..

That girl in autum spoilers looks a bit big for his youngest??
    And not sure who the bloke is that fletch pushes.. Fletch is never aggressive.. The only time he has done was over tess.. Again, maybe significant??

Lol she definitely wasn't easy on h in that interview.. But you could still see their chemistry when she tried not to laugh at him..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever he has kissed her though, she hasn't generally put up much of a fight..
    Apart from
    Once in her office, but even then she went with it for about 5 seconds!!
  • Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that man must really pee him off. Like you say, that was the only time Fletch was aggressive, when he had that man up by the scruff of his neck. It's out of character for him.

Did you see him fidgeting in the chair before the interview, he was dead nervous. Even I laughed at what he came out with as answers, which were bordering on 'jokey'.

He did 'force' the kiss in her office, but the table scene where he was at her house, he seemed reluctant to kiss her when she had made the first move. It was like he was biding his time and waiting for her. I love that scene so much!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I say, actress who plays fletchs wife has filmed her last scenes so we should see them soon .

I can't imagine why fletch gets so wound up.. Think maybe the girl is a bit old to be fletchs youngest??

Maybe it all has something to do with his kids.. Don't know where tess fits into it all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I say, actress who plays fletchs wife has filmed her last scenes so we should see them soon .

I can't imagine why fletch gets so wound up.. Think maybe the girl is a bit old to be fletchs youngest??

Maybe it all has something to do with his kids.. Don't know where tess fits into it all

It'll be interesting to see. She does look a bit old to be his youngest but they could (perhaps) change the actress.

I'm feeling slightly gutted tonight as people are speculating that Alex was only brought in so Tess would have a storyline. I really do hope that isn't true, or that he genuinely is leaving at Christmas.

I guess I just take these characters to heart, which ends up being my downfall. Anyway, onwards and upwards as they say and let's see what happens next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see. She does look a bit old to be his youngest but they could (perhaps) change the actress.

I'm feeling slightly gutted tonight as people are speculating that Alex was only brought in so Tess would have a storyline. I really do hope that isn't true, or that he genuinely is leaving at Christmas.

I guess I just take these characters to heart, which ends up being my downfall. Anyway, onwards and upwards as they say and let's see what happens next.

Who speculated that??!!! It's been confirmed that Fletch is one of the most popular characters.. Strange one to bring in for tess.. Why not a steaming rich doctor who sweeps her off her feet?! He was only signed for a year and he's beenit it longer than that..

They can't put together a couple who everone falls in love with then dump it! Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that man must really pee him off. Like you say, that was the only time Fletch was aggressive, when he had that man up by the scruff of his neck. It's out of character for him.

Did you see him fidgeting in the chair before the interview, he was dead nervous. Even I laughed at what he came out with as answers, which were bordering on 'jokey'.

He did 'force' the kiss in her office, but the table scene where he was at her house, he seemed reluctant to kiss her when she had made the first move. It was like he was biding his time and waiting for her. I love that scene so much!

He probably wanted her to be sure this time and to make the move...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read in Soaplife (or All About Soap, can't remember which) that next week, "Tess and Fletch resolve their issues to re-establish their old ways of working together".

Maybe this means they are destined to be 'colleagues' (or friends) for the forseeable future. Maybe she just wants to get back to how they used to be, banter etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read in Soaplife (or All About Soap, can't remember which) that next week, "Tess and Fletch resolve their issues to re-establish their old ways of working together".

Maybe this means they are destined to be 'colleagues' (or friends) for the forseeable future. Maybe she just wants to get back to how they used to be, banter etc.

That's a real shame :0(

Don't know how him asking about a gynae appt fits into it all then.. That's hardly e establishing their old ways!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also if they can put them back to the way they were then that kinda defeats the storyline . Can't believe it's going to be forgotten... If that's the case, would consider not watching again ... Would annoy me too much!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also if they can put them back to the way they were then that kinda defeats the storyline . Can't believe it's going to be forgotten... If that's the case, would consider not watching again ... Would annoy me too much!!

Surely they can't go back to how they were with how she was with him last time? I guess time will tell.

I'm waiting with bated breath at this gynae appointment scene. It needs to happen sooner rather than later. This is the one saving grace that there is a SLIGHT (and I mean in the narrowest terms) chance they may have a ?moment. Why on earth does he question her about that stuff??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely they can't go back to how they were with how she was with him last time? I guess time will tell.

I'm waiting with bated breath at this gynae appointment scene. It needs to happen sooner rather than later. This is the one saving grace that there is a SLIGHT (and I mean in the narrowest terms) chance they may have a ?moment. Why on earth does he question her about that stuff??

I guess it depends how it's played. They have to work together at the end of the day but it will be a bit ridiculous if its all forgotten and they go back to how they were before .. Which I don't see as possible as he's told her he loves her .. So she knows this

It seems in the spoilers they have a number of moments together.

Well have to see how it's played .. But I don't believe they can re establish their old ways
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He obviously overhears a conversation or sees something he shouldn't
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He obviously overhears a conversation or sees something he shouldn't

You don't think the fraud thing is because he's been fishing around and finds her notes or something? Though I don't know what reason they would be in the department for. That would be a sackable offence though, so it is more likely a different patient's notes she has when she tells him off in her office in clip. Fletch wouldn't go that far...would he?

Mind is working overtime as per usual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't think the fraud thing is because he's been fishing around and finds her notes or something? Though I don't know what reason they would be in the department for. That would be a sackable offence though, so it is more likely a different patient's notes she has when she tells him off in her office in clip. Fletch wouldn't go that far...would he?

Mind is working overtime as per usual.

I would say a diff patients notes.... He prob overhears something.. Maybe a conversation with Zoe.. Or sees something laying around..
    Fletch. Seems to be going off the rails lol.. Prob cos tess has ended it...
    Just waiting with anticipation to see how they leave this with them 'resolving their issues'

There's obviously more going on with them
    Cos of the autumn spoiler clips and makes we wonder about the Xmas scenes whether they have anything to do with tess at all..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say a diff patients notes.... He prob overhears something.. Maybe a conversation with Zoe.. Or sees something laying around..
    Fletch. Seems to be going off the rails lol.. Prob cos tess has ended it...
    Just waiting with anticipation to see how they leave this with them 'resolving their issues'

There's obviously more going on with them
    Cos of the autumn spoiler clips and makes we wonder about the Xmas scenes whether they have anything to do with tess at all..

I think him overhearing Zoe saying something would be interesting.

Browsing online tonight, on Alex's agent's website it says 'Casualty 2012-2014' so that either means he does leave or that is when he has signed his contract up until. Hmm I wish I'd never read it to be honest!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think him overhearing Zoe saying something would be interesting.

Browsing online tonight, on Alex's agent's website it says 'Casualty 2012-2014' so that either means he does leave or that is when he has signed his contract up until. Hmm I wish I'd never read it to be honest!

I would say that's when his contract finishes as that's when the current series ends ... I haven't read anywhere that he's leaving.. We'll have to see what happens.. I
    Must admit its looking great..suppose we won't really know until Xmas...

I think that that scene pops up after they've 'resolved their issues' although I may be wrong .... Again I'm
    Struggling with the resolving issues thing... I can't believe for a
    Minute he would just forget everything...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say that's when his contract finishes as that's when the current series ends ... I haven't read anywhere that he's leaving.. We'll have to see what happens.. I
    Must admit its looking great..suppose we won't really know until Xmas...

I think that that scene pops up after they've 'resolved their issues' although I may be wrong .... Again I'm
    Struggling with the resolving issues thing... I can't believe for a
    Minute he would just forget everything...

I don't think he'd forget everything either. It's always been portrayed as being a lot more about him wanting to be with her (and with a lot more to lose), than the other way around, especially over recent months.

Someone pointed out that if he was leaving immediately after the Christmas storyline, it would say 2013 on that website. I've not heard he's leaving but it perhaps would make sense with the new staff coming in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he'd forget everything either. It's always been portrayed as being a lot more about him wanting to be with her (and with a lot more to lose), than the other way around, especially over recent months.

Someone pointed out that if he was leaving immediately after the Christmas storyline, it would say 2013 on that website. I've not heard he's leaving but it perhaps would make sense with the new staff coming in.

I agree, he has more to lose and he wants to be with her so he wouldn't forget about it.

If he left to make way for the doctors, they'd have no nurses!!!
    Well have to see how it's played out next week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also it was portrayed as more than just a fling
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, he has more to lose and he wants to be with her so he wouldn't forget about it.

If he left to make way for the doctors, they'd have no nurses!!!
    Well have to see how it's played out next week

There'd only be Robyn, Jamie and Rita by my reckoning. He's the most senior nurse they now have, managers aside, since the promotion. Really I'm just (potentially) gutted and we don't even know what is happening.

Thinking about tomorrow's next time trailer. Wonder whether they'll be in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also it was portrayed as more than just a fling

Definitely. A fling to me is something akin to sneaking off every minute to be alone, which was not them at all. It was much deeper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/casualty/episodes/zoe-realises-tess-and-fletchs-secret

Nothing surprising here. She was always going to be the one that found out. Quite shocked it's come out so quickly, though.

Looks like Fletch may be kept in the dark again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/casualty/episodes/zoe-realises-tess-and-fletchs-secret

Nothing surprising here. She was always going to be the one that found out. Quite shocked it's come out so quickly, though.

Looks like Fletch may be kept in the dark again.

Have just read that... Yes she's found out quite soon!! What does this mean then? It says with so much history can they ever be friends.. And now Zoe knows...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No next week trailers .. What's going on??...