Where to buy a Laptop?

PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

My laptop is finally starting to fail, so I am looking around for a new one, but like most people I want to get a fairly decent laptop for as cheap as possible.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any sites out there where you can get a decent laptop without breaking the bank. A site that isn't common knowledge like PC World would be preferable. Thank you .

Comments

• QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find ebuyer well priced. Seem as cheap as anywhere.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may be able to revamp your existing laptop relatively cheaply as long as it's not actually falling apart eg new 500Gb hard disk £36, extra memory £10-15 add a reinstall or upgrade of the Operating System from Vista or XP to Win 7 and the rest is just your time. None of this is complicated and even with no experience you could be guided through it.

However, if your heart is set on buying a new one you should really be looking at prices in the range of £250-£350. Of course if you can afford more then great your options grow. At this budget end of the market there are a few bargains around if you are willing to consider refurbished models, often simply returns after the buyer changed their mind. The Argos Ebay outlet is pretty good for those. I know your not interested in purchasing from the Currys / PC World stores but they would be good to visit to get a good idea of models you like which can then be sourced online. My advice would be to stick to the better brands such as Asus, Acer, Samsung, Lenovo and Dell.