The All-New Non Fan-War SCDXI Thread + General SCD Discussion

SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
Forum Member
✭✭
deleted

I think it's time to start a thread so as to get some positivity from as many forumites here as possible.

Now, you don't have to force yourself to say insincere things about the things/persons you don't like, but if you must 'criticise', please do so in a respectful manner. Or if you can't, then refrain from saying anything bad about it/him/her/them.

This may not work this year, but that was what I said previously when a similar thread was created when the fan warz was raging on in yonder years.

So to start, please state your favourite celeb(s)/pro(s)/couple(s) of this series. And then list your least favourite celeb(s)/pro(s)/couple(s). And then say something sincerely positive about your least favourites.

I hope posters who choose to comment on this thread will try to keep to the spirit of this thread as it is intended. We are not far from Christmas, so let's spread some good will? :)

Let me start by saying:

Favourites (it can change every week):

Favourite celeb (this week): Abbey (till last week Sophie as well, but not this week), I think she's bonding well with her pro partner, who's appears quite a creative teacher, Aljaž

Favourite pro (overall): Pasha. Patience of a saint, always nurturing and seems genuinely caring to his celeb partners.

Favourite couple (this week): Susanna and Kevin. Separately, I can take them or leave them. But together, I think they are great. And their dancing and partnership/chemistry on the dance floor has improved vastly since week one.

Least Favourites (can change every week as well):

Least Favourite celeb (this week): Fiona. Nothing except none of her dances have yet wowed me thus far. Hope she'll do an amazing AS in Blackpool though.

Least Favourite pro (overall): Anton. He doesn't seem to 'get' latin. But on the plus side, he IS a beautiful ballroom dancer/teacher.

Least Favourite couple (this week): Well, from the above, you'll see it is Fiona and Anton.

Will this thread thrive or sink into oblivion? Well, all I can say is that I have tried to inject some positivity and goodwill, the rest is now entirely up to you!:)

Comments

• chels.pchels.p Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Can I start by saying that I very much approve of this new thread :D

Favourite celeb this week for me was Susanna, thought her waltz was stunning and I actually really like her bubbly personality. I liked Patrick and Sophie as well.

Favourite pro this series has been Aljaz, he is such a sweetie and very easy on the eye! So jealous of Janette but I really like her too and think they make a nice couple.

Favourite couple this week, again Susanna and Kevin. I agree with you, SCD-Observer, that they don't necessarily stand out separately but are lovely together.

Least favourite celeb overall for me is also Fiona, she flies a little under the radar. But she has done some elegant ballroom.

Least favourite pros are James and Ola, I'm afraid. I'm just a little bored of their dancing and choreography. But I do like both their personalities, they're both very funny.

Least favourite couple this week: Fiona and Anton but they're probably technically better than Mark and Iveta.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the celebs this year have seemed decent enough. One as a bit weird but harmless enough.

I wasn't keen on a couple or more last year.
  • karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not meaning to rain on your parade SCD-O, I think the 'Attic Cafe' thread was started with the same or similiar intentions.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know people are going to dislike me this but here goes

Favourite couple: Natalie & Artem- best overall dancing couple and love their partnership

Favourite celeb (overall): Natalie - she is the best dancer and I look forward to seeing her dance every wee. Also gutted we never saw her jive because it would have been one of her best dances.

Favourite pro : Artem - brilliant dancer, choerographer and i know it shouldnt be about this but he is very easy on the eye

Favourite celeb (this week): Patrick - best male dancer and the most improved

Favourite couple (this week): Patrick & Anya - really good partnership and lovely dance even though the slip up at the end of the dance

Least Favourite : Abbey and Aljaz- just lack something for me even though they are one of the best

Least Favourite celeb (this week): Abbey- something about her that doesnt click with me

Least Favourite pro (overall): Aljaz- not completely noticed him yet

Least Favourite couple (this week): Abbey and Alijaz they are a beautful couple but just lack something for me
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi karina! The Attic Café is more general chat and foolish drooling / idiocy (I should know! :D) plus it's in the attic where not many people go. I remember this thread from last year...

Need to have a good think about my answers... Back later
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    karina_ wrote: »
    Not meaning to rain on your parade SCD-O, I think the 'Attic Cafe' thread was started with the same or similiar intentions.

Oh I know. Attic forumites are generally quite friendly to each other. The cafe is in the loft that serves generally different clientele?

I am trying to get the main forumites, the more hardcore, and maybe jaded posters in the main forum to at the very least stay civil and friendly with one another, if not in all threads, then at least on this one. :)
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »

Favourite couple: Natalie & Artem

Favourite celeb (overall): Natalie

Favourite pro : Artem

Favourite celeb (this week): Patrick

Favourite couple (this week): Patrick & Anya

Least Favourite : Abbey and Aljaz

Least Favourite celeb (this week): Abbey

Least Favourite pro (overall): Aljaz

Least Favourite couple (this week): Abbey and Alijaz

I like you, a lot:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hannah wrote: »

Favourite couple: Natalie & Artem

Favourite celeb (overall): Natalie

Favourite pro : Artem

Favourite celeb (this week): Patrick

Favourite couple (this week): Patrick & Anya

Least Favourite : Abbey and Aljaz

Least Favourite celeb (this week): Abbey

Least Favourite pro (overall): Aljaz

Least Favourite couple (this week): Abbey and Alijaz they are a beautful couple but just lack something for me

Great! Share more about your favourites, why you like them (and you don't have to say 'nice' things about the least favourites if you don't have much to say about them in a more positive manner)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I know. Attic forumites are generally quite friendly to each other. The cafe is in the loft that serves generally different clientele?

I am trying to get the main forumites, the more hardcore, and maybe jaded posters in the main forum to at the very least stay civil and friendly with one another, if not in all threads, then at least on this one. :)

Oh I see, gotcha, good thinking :)
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourite Celeb (Overall): Natalie, Shame she didn't dance at the weekend as I was really looking forward to her Jive.

Favourite Pro (Overall): Artem, but I wish he wouldn't push his partners too hard, he seems to forget they aren't Pro's.

Favourite Couple (This Week): Patrick & Anya, I loved the American Smooth & they seem to have a great connection.

Least Favourite Celeb (Overall): Abbey, I just don't get her, she does nothing for me, doesn't excite me and lacks personality.

Least Favourite Pro (Overall): Anton, I loved Anton and felt sorry for him having been lumbered with so many bad partners in past series.
    Fiona comes along this series and it's showing up Anton's weaknesses. His Ballroom is good but not great, his Latin is dire. His choreography is very weak & plays it too safe every week.
    IMO it's time for Anton to move over for someone younger & more adventurous.

Least Favourite Couple (Overall): Abbey & Aljaz, I can't feel the chemistry between these two, they leave me cold & rather deflated. IMO they are over rated & over marked each week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    Favourite Celeb (Overall): Natalie, Shame she didn't dance at the weekend as I was really looking forward to her Jive.

Favourite Pro (Overall): Artem, but I wish he wouldn't push his partners too hard, he seems to forget they aren't Pro's.

Though to be fair, I think Natalie pushed herself too hard. I don't think Artem even needed to do much, he must be thrilled that Natalie was so 'on the ball', but I agree he must step in and maybe reign her in a little, like making sure she's at least eating or drinking something on performance day!
    Skyrah wrote: »
    IMO it's time for Anton to move over for someone younger & more adventurous.

Who do you think could replace him? Hypothetical of course. I have been watching some more clips from this Irish pro in DWTS, Tristan Macmannus (sp?) and I am beginning to see why some posters went ga-ga over him. He's quite nurturing, like Aljaž, though he doesn't seem as creative a choreographer, but his partners are often not the most naturally talented dancers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxS9bw1hA70 (interview)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWVWPDSmX1Q (his nurturing side).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [B]Favourites -

Celeb(s) - Ashley, even with his hectic schedule, he is making progress. Like his partnership with Ola (I'm not usually keen on Ola). Plus I think he'd be good company in the bar afterwards. Hope he can keep going!

Mark - I know he doesn't fit the bill of a dancer, but I like him :o

Pro - Artem for his creativity. Also think Alijaz is a wonderful addition
    this year, very sweet guy, level headed, great dancer.
    Like Kevin too, love his ballroom and he's got the likeability factor

Couple - Patrick & Anya

Least Favourites

Celeb- Natalie - try as I might just can't warm to the girl. Not much personality

Pro - Struggled with this one as I like them all. Even James

Couple - Ben & Kristina - don't dislike them, just don't enjoy watching them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourites -
    Celeb(s) - Ashley, even with his hectic schedule, he is making progress. Like his partnership with Ola (I'm not usually keen on Ola). Plus I think he'd be good company in the bar afterwards. Hope he can keep going!

Mark - I know he doesn't fit the bill of a dancer, but I like him :o

Pro - Artem for his creativity. Also think Alijaz is a wonderful addition this year, very sweet guy, level headed, great dancer. Like Kevin too, love his ballroom and he's got the likeability factor

Do you think Ashley has what it takes to go to the final? Or are you in the 'it's going to be an all-girl final' group of posters?

Do you find Mark's rumba routine a missed opportunity in terms of the theme, and if so what kind of rumba did you expect him to do?
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourite celeb this week That would have to be Mark, I really felt for him with that Rumba because it promised to be awful and it was, he does try however and he just seems to me to be one of the loveliest men on the planet...I just wanted to hug him and when Len let rip at him in the results show I wanted to tear Len's head off his shoulders.:mad::eek:

Favourite Pro Overall Has to be Brendon, I just think he is amazing and such a nice genuine guy, I also feel sorry for him that his celeb's never actually quite come up to scratch.:(

Favourite dance this week ashley and Ola, I really really wish that Ashley had more time to commit to the show because with the little time he puts in I think he is very good and he could be excellent and a rival to Natalie if he could commit more.

Least favourite celeb this week I am torn between Fiona and Abbey but will plump for Abbey as I think Fiona is nicer personality wise. Its quite difficult to pick one out when in reality I dont actually mind any of them, none of them float my boat exactly and I find them all rather meh but Abbey stands out as the least likely person I would want to know IRL.

Least favourite pro overall
    Another toughie because again I like them all, not too keen on Aliona but I think I may have to go for Karen Haur...I didn't like what she said last year to James Jordan with regard to DVO and now this year with Ola, seems very unprofessional.

Least favourite couple this week It would have to be Abbey and Aliaz, I dont actually rate Aliaz's choreography, its all pretty safe and uninspiring imo, I dont know if he is only working to a limited ability with Abbey or if he is just rather boring...I think its actually the former as Abbey seems a little too unstable and unsure, she is no better in week 7 than she was in week 1 imo.

As you will see I dont talk too much about technicalities of dancing, I just know what I like when I see it and personality of people is key for me.:)

Just a note to say that I was only judging my Fav's on this last week, It is of course Natalie that is my overall favourite along with her and Artem as the best couple...it got skewed because of Natalie's illness.:)
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice thread! The challenge, though (and one several posters have already failed :p) is to say something nice about the least favourites.

Favourite celeb (this week): Susannah - not normally my favourite, but I applauded that lovely waltz out loud, despite being on my own in the house. :o

Favourite pro (overall): Artem. Well, I love the guy, 'tis true, his dancing is wonderful, his hands are awesome and his choreography is amazing - but he's only getting my vote because Natalie is injured and not dancing so far.

Favourite couple (this week): Susanna and Kevin. I love Kevinfromsomewherenorthofwatford and love their partnership.

Least Favourite celeb (this week): Tricky. I wrote 'Dave', then backspaced it out, then wrote 'Mark' and backspaced that out, too. The truth is I like them both, as personalities if not as dancers. So my least favourite is Fiona, purely by default. But I love her loyalty to Anton, despite all the evidence...

Least Favourite pro (overall): Erm, Anton. But I love how lovely he is to his fans, who will not hear a word against him.

Least Favourite couple (this week): That would be Fiona and Anton, then, I guess. That's all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    Nice thread! The challenge, though (and one several posters have already failed :p) is to say something nice about the least favourites.

Favourite celeb (this week): Susannah - not normally my favourite, but I applauded that lovely waltz out loud, despite being on my own in the house. :o

Favourite pro (overall): Artem. Well, I love the guy, 'tis true, his dancing is wonderful, his hands are awesome and his choreography is amazing - but he's only getting my vote because Natalie is injured and not dancing so far.

Favourite couple (this week): Susanna and Kevin. I love Kevinfromsomewherenorthofwatford and love their partnership.

Least Favourite celeb (this week): Tricky. I wrote 'Dave', then backspaced it out, then wrote 'Mark' and backspaced that out, too. The truth is I like them both, as personalities if not as dancers. So my least favourite is Fiona, purely by default. But I love her loyalty to Anton, despite all the evidence...

Least Favourite pro (overall): Erm, Anton. But I love how lovely he is to his fans, who will not hear a word against him.

Least Favourite couple (this week): That would be Fiona and Anton, then, I guess. That's all.

Ah thanks for reminding me, I will go back and edit.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    As you will see I dont talk too much about technicalities of dancing, I just know what I like when I see it and personality of people is key for me.:)

That's perfectly fine! :)

Do you think Natalie and Artem's pairing are a match made in heaven as far as this series go? If not, who do you think could be paired with Natalie among the pros? How do you rate Artem as a pro and/or a teacher?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    So my least favourite is Fiona, purely by default. But I love her loyalty to Anton, despite all the evidence...

Do you think you might like Fiona more if she's paired with some other pro. Let's say she's paired with Artem. Do you think you would like her more?

Also, if you don't like the idea of her being partnered with Artem, which other pro do you think would be her alternative partner besides Anton?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think Ashley has what it takes to go to the final? Or are you in the 'it's going to be an all-girl final' group of posters?

Do you find Mark's rumba routine a missed opportunity in terms of the theme, and if so what kind of rumba did you expect him to do?

I do think Ashley has got it in him, as we know his problem is lack of practice time. Major factor, when they have to do 2 dances, if he's still in.
    TBH I have no interest in all girl final and hope it isn't.

I still haven't fathomed Mark's rumba, I'm still in shock it was so bad. Were we supposed to laugh? how was his costume related in any shape or form to the dance of love??
    I don't know what I expected but not that from Iveta.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think Ashley has got it in him, as we know his problem is lack of practice time. Major factor, when they have to do 2 dances, if he's still in.
    TBH I have no interest in all girl final and hope it isn't.

I still haven't fathomed Mark's rumba, I'm still in shock it was so bad. Were we supposed to laugh? how was his costume related in any shape or form to the dance of love??
    I don't know what I expected but not that from Iveta.

My only comment on Mark's rumba was that he looked too convincing as a bond villian. And how can being a villian elicit a romantic feel of a rumba? Iveta could also have worn a less gaudy costume. I know it's 'goldfinger' and she's channeling the gold body paint of the original bond girl, but the premise of the dance (bond villian doing a rumba with a bond girl) for the nature of the dance was doomed from the start.

I think Mark's terrific acting actually made his character he portrayed very creepy and so many kids who may laughed with him in the MC hammer routine might even be frightened by him last Saturday. Now if they performed it on Halloween week (as a kind of irony piece) it might, just might, worked a little bit better.

But that aside, it's a difficult dance for a less than able male celeb dancer to do well...

Sorry to be a downer like this, which runs close against the spirit of this thread. But I have a question to ask: what theme could Iveta choose to have improved the perception of their rumba (techniques can't be improved unless Mark has it in him to do those difficult rumba figures/moves to start with)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's perfectly fine! :)

Do you think Natalie and Artem's pairing are a match made in heaven as far as this series go? If not, who do you think could be paired with Natalie among the pros? How do you rate Artem as a pro and/or a teacher?

I do think that Natalie and Artem work well together, I think they are pretty similar in as much as they are driven and perfectionists.For instance you could not pair Natalie with someone like Anton, she would be bored I would imagine. I think its possible that she may do well with Brendon because she would inspire him.
    Pasha is too tame and placid I think, no fire..actually I cant think of many suited other than Artem and Brendon.

I like Artem and rate him highly but only if he has a good partner, one that will inspire him to push boundaries, I dont think he was a good teacher with Holly, she was lazy and he failed in my eyes to bring out the best in her...I cant recall who he danced with last year so it cannot have been memorable. The lovely Kara of course was pure magic and I was spellbound...but thats because they had a very special connection for obvious reasons.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    I do think that Natalie and Artem work well together, I think they are pretty similar in as much as they are driven and perfectionists.For instance you could not pair Natalie with someone like Anton, she would be bored I would imagine. I think its possible that she may do well with Brendon because she would inspire him.
    Pasha is too tame and placid I think, no fire..actually I cant think of many suited other than Artem and Brendon.

I like Artem and rate him highly but only if he has a good partner, one that will inspire him to push boundaries, I dont think he was a good teacher with Holly, she was lazy and he failed in my eyes to bring out the best in her...I cant recall who he danced with last year so it cannot have been memorable. The lovely Kara of course was pure magic and I was spellbound...but thats because they had a very special connection for obvious reasons.:)

Artem danced with Fern last year. :)

Do you think Natalie could inspire Aljaž if they are paired with each other?

What if Abbey is paired with Artem? Do you think that would work?
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

" to at the very least stay civil and friendly with one another, if not in all threads, then at least on this one "

"
    Now, you don't have to force yourself to say insincere things about the things/persons you don't like, but if you must 'criticise', please do so in a respectful manner. Or if you can't, then refrain from saying anything bad about it/him/her/them. "

Your statement here and in your opening post is flawed and seems somewhat hypocritical, and your thread also fails at the first hurdle given that you knock yourself of your high horse by insulting an individual fellow poster by name in your opening post, if I had started this thread I would be feeling slightly embarrassed at my abject failure about now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem danced with Fern last year. :)

Do you think Natalie could inspire Aljaž if they are paired with each other?

What if Abbey is paired with Artem? Do you think that would work?

Ah yes Fern:eek:She was pervy, that didn't work well for me they were an odd couple, Fern would have looked better wit Robin (lovely man)

I dont know about Natalie and Aljaz (sorry I seem to have been misreading his name) because he is new and as I said I dont know if he is just downgrading to suit his partner. Too early to say.

I doubt that Abbey and Artem would work, she is not nearly able enough and I think Artem is only inspiring when he is matched.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    " to at the very least stay civil and friendly with one another, if not in all threads, then at least on this one "

"
    Now, you don't have to force yourself to say insincere things about the things/persons you don't like, but if you must 'criticise', please do so in a respectful manner. Or if you can't, then refrain from saying anything bad about it/him/her/them. "

Your statement here and in your opening post is flawed and seems somewhat hypocritical, and your thread also fails at the first hurdle given that you knock yourself of your high horse by insulting an individual fellow poster by name in your opening post, if I had started this thread I would be feeling slightly embarrassed at my abject failure about now.

I broke my ignore rule because you contributed in the thread I started but I am a little disappointed in your response. But if I have been snarky with you in the past I apologise sincerely. Ever since I had you on ignore, I found my life here getting much easier, but I have read from others PMing me that you were a target of some really nasty campaign against you as a poster (while I was on a ban so I wasn't there to see it happen) and I am sorry to hear that. No one deserves that kind of treatment.