Options

Could have Drunk On Love saved The Wanted

blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I got their album, it's actually very good. A few duff songs on there but at least 12-14 very good songs on it. I think they messed up the singles a little bit. Drunk On Love could have really been Glad You Came II for them. What a shame!

I don't think they are very likeable at all (I've seen the Wanted life:D) but that song is good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta0McocT0WA

Oh and who is the nutter that chose Glow in The Dark as the final record? Heartbreak Story or Running Out of Reasons should have been that.

Oh and why no Hits record they've got a good discography...

Comments

• Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately by the end of their run they'd amassed a very negative reputation for themselves, the constant slagging off of more popular artists like Britney, 1D and Christina turned a lot of their fans off of them, no matter which song they chose I imagine it would have flopped.
    Musically though I do like them, especially their first album, unfortunately after that instead of evolving their sound they just put out generic club songs.
    If they'd kept their mouths shut and had come out with some actual creative music then I imagine they would be very popular right now.
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    To be fair, they alienated their UK fanbase. It's as if we didn't exist, and the antics of Tom and Max were very off-putting for the group.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    Neil_N wrote: »
    To be fair, they alienated their UK fanbase. It's as if we didn't exist, and the antics of Tom and Max were very off-putting for the group.

That was their problem. I understand it's hard work to crack America for the majority of artists but they neglected their fan base in the UK so much. Before Scooter Braun took over, which I think was probably their biggest mistake, they were always in the UK, they treated their fans very well (always on twitter, spending a lot of time before and after gigs, a load of radio tours etc) but the UK got put on hold for the US.

The 1D feud didn't help at all and Max and Tom in particular (when I've met them they were lovely) just couldn't/wouldn't stop putting their foot in it. But at the same time, the press IMO were alwyas on the side of 1D and it was pretty much always reported negatively against TW.

Their albums are actually quite good, especially their debut which as said above should have been their sound. I don't think they used Nathan's vocal ability enough either.

I don't think that track could have saved their careers, although I do like it a lot. What would have saved their career is to just admit the US wasn't happening and come back home. Plenty of people have done it and they could have carved a pretty decent career in the UK/Europe and possibly further expansion into Asia and Australia too.

I think what they need to do/needs to happen is for Nathan to put out a successful album (and if it goes of vocals he should do), the other guys keep doing what they are doing currently and wait for the 1D hype to diminish and come back with Glad You Came II.

Sorry that was a massive ramble and a lot longer than I expected lol.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wanted broke up?

I was going to say that's a pity, but they had some dire music by the end (Walks Like Rihanna, anyone?) which was a pity as it came on the heels of their best songs like Glad You Came and the Children in Need song.

I found all of their early stuff forgettable though to be honest, and I never found them particularly likeable or charming.

Bad attitude does not get you far in the music biz, unfortunately, look at Christina Aguilera.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Only one thing could have saved The Wanted. And that is if 1D never happened.
  • Options
    commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing could have saved them after they started a feud with One Direction.