Options

Bullying?!? Total Overreaction

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    I disagree with you- then you call me pathetic! That is patronising and aggressive term- you guessed it- often used by bullies. Get a grip.
    Well by your reasoning in a previous post it's OK to bully you because you can just leave the thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,238
    Forum Member
    She is NOT ‘locked in’!!!! My word she can leave at any darn times she wishes- but she stays put when Jade rants away with her and then has not made any attempt to leave either. Please!
    She could leave at any time- as any victim when faced with bullies would try to. PLEASE!
    But why should she have to walk out and give up her fee? She has a much right to be there as anyone else, She didn't go in there to be laughed at or made to feel so bad by a bunch of girls, School finished years ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Shilpa is bullying and manipulative she's always backstabbing and bitching about the others with dirk and Jermaine, wake up and smell the coffee!
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surefan wrote:
    Shilpa is bullying and manipulative she's always backstabbing and bitching about the others with dirk and Jermaine, wake up and smell the coffee!

I truly despair of this society.
  • Options
    May BlossomMay Blossom Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any idea how horrible it is to be faced with someone who 'seems' in the right, has the support of many others and who plays the 'we' were disappointed' and 'you've been wrong' card over and over and over again in such a sustained attack as the one Jade made on Shilpa last night? She went at her for over an hour, grinding her down, constantly making her feel like she was in the wrong (expert manipulation and also the hallmark of a practised bully) and forcing her to apologise for things that she wasn't even responsible for. Making Shilpa feel guilty for voting Carole out (when all the housemates were supposed to vote - it's the rules of the game - which is the 'game' Shilpa was referring to; besides, her beloved Jack voted Carole out too and you didn't see her harangue him about it, nor the others who got on with the woman and voted her out. No, just Shilpa) and banging on and on and on at length (not to mention the classic 'bully' physical position of placing yourself higher than your victim - she was seated on the table whilst Shilpa was beside the cooker) she wore Shilpa down so she was utterly distraught by the time Jade had finished (and her comment of '... I don't talk about you behind your back (sic)' was a blatent lie because that's all she does! Then, later when Shilpa was actually having some belated fun with those in the house who don't constantly go on at her and whisper about her behind her back (and she's not unaware of that. It's impossible to be, and it adds to the stress) Jade and her cronies resented it. They prefer to see her under the thumb, they enjoy seeing her brought to tears. It makes them feel big and important (and is a very important weapon in the bully's arsenal).

And I can see all this because it echoes an experience of mine. One in which I spent most of my time in tears (in the toilet) or wishing I was dead because I couldn't see any way out of it. It was at work. So I could get away from it at night and the weekends. For Shilpa there is no escape unless she walks and she probably still has some pride left. If she does leave then they win and what does that tell them and those who try to excuse their dispicable behaviour? That's it's okay to harangue someone like that because - hey - you're only speaking your mind - on and on and on and on and on and on ...

This sums up for me much of what this is all about. People are watching this and are reacting to experiences in their own lives NOT directly what is going on on tv screen. It is provoking emotions & experiences in their past. I expect most of the people who are reacting to this are people who themselves have been bullied or suffered racist abuse - dreadful though this is it is leading to a total over-reaction to the events in BB house. Any psychologist will tell you this is a standard response.

MB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    surefan wrote:
    I don't really agree that she's "backstabbing and bitching"...but even supposing she is, it doesn't follow that she's bullying and manipulative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well how come everyone is now 'BULLYING' Jade and have been since the show started!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surefan wrote:
    Well how come everyone is now 'BULLYING' Jade and have been since the show started!
    Er . . . when?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,238
    Forum Member
    shilpa is not getting bullied at all it her life style living with servants etc etc something that jade and the rest don't have shilpa thinks she is above everyone if there is any bulling going on i think that shilpa is bulling all the others because she thinks she is above everyone else when you and i know we are all equails at the end off the day she should get a life and learn how to mix with others and not look down on people all because they have less money than you.
    You missing the point.. it's not about money.. it's about the type of people they are, Shilpa doesn't have much in common with Jade, Danielle or Jo.. so she just keeps away from them, she relates better to Jermaine and Dirk so she spends time with them, Jade has millions but she's still the same.. it honestly is the 'type of person' and havingthings in common.
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HollyHarman, I can only assume from your bizarre postings on this subject that you have never been bullied because some of the stuff you have come out with is beyond imagination - it isn't bullying because Shilpa isn't walking away? Why should she walk away? :confused:

A bullied person has the same right to be in that place - house, playground, workplace - as the bully. She is standing her ground and good for her. Just because she is standing her ground does NOT mean she isn't being bullied. You need to get over this assertion that because she's rich and famous it doesn't matter, as well - it's called inverted snobbery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When Jackiey was in the house they called her white trash, derrrr, isn't this bullying as well! Everyone is out for themselves in this society that's why i don't really bother with anyone, all a bunch of self centred , money driven b**tards
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a grown woman, who has done her fare share of bitching, playing to the cameras and patronising in this house. When Jades family where in there she was the dominating force of the rest of the group of Ken and Jermaine and being very crude and rude about Jade and her fmaily- before she even knew them purely on appearances.
    Now the tables have turned. Reports on here of what really happen in live feeds have been vastly exaggerated. She sat through a half hour/hour DISCUSSION with another housemate- in which she had her say too- and was at no time shouted or sworn at by Jade nor did jade invade her space at any time. Shipla made no attempt to ‘get away’ from the situation and Jade did not attempt to prevent that. There is a front door of this house that she can walk out of at any time. She is already a famous millionaire over here to extend her career over here.
    Fair play to her for that but I do not feel for her as a 'victim'!! As I said- but for the really vulnerable victims of bullying of which people are in situations they can not escape from- in reality (not on a TV show) such as in schools or workplaces. I don’t think this is a pathetic attitude to have at all.

If you really think she would have signed up to take part in this without her agent getting her a big impression of previous years shows/ probably even had tapes sent in to watch- and not known what can go in as with Jodie last year you really are delusional. She went in knowing conflict can well happen as its encouraged by all- Endmeol to get viewing figures up and the celebs as they know this will put them on front pages each day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is a grown woman, who has done her fare share of bitching, playing to the cameras and patronising in this house. When Jades family where in there she was the dominating force of the rest of the group of Ken and Jermaine and being very crude and rude about Jade and her fmaily- before she even knew them purely on appearances.
    Now the tables have turned. Reports on here of what really happen in live feeds have been vastly exaggerated. She sat through a half hour/hour DISCUSSION with another housemate- in which she had her say too- and was at no time shouted or sworn at by Jade nor did jade invade her space at any time. Shipla made no attempt to ‘get away’ from the situation and Jade did not attempt to prevent that. There is a front door of this house that she can walk out of at any time. She is already a famous millionaire over here to extend her career over here.
    Fair play to her for that but I do not feel for her as a 'victim'!! As I said- but for the really vulnerable victims of bullying of which people are in situations they can not escape from- in reality (not on a TV show) such as in schools or workplaces. I don’t think this is a pathetic attitude to have at all.

If you really think she would have signed up to take part in this without her agent getting her a big impression of previous years shows/ probably even had tapes sent in to watch- and not known what can go in as with Jodie last year you really are delusional. She went in knowing conflict can well happen as its encouraged by all- Endmeol to get viewing figures up and the celebs as they know this will put them on front pages each day.

TOTALLY AGREE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again (sorry if any of you are bored of this response, coz even I am) even if Shilpa were the most dislikeable person ever to enter the bb house. Even if she had pleaded with the others to victimize her. Even so. The comments we've heard and the behaviours we've witnessed would still be completely unacceptable and totally the responsibility of the people who made the comments or carried out the behaviours.

Is this not clear enough or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's is getting as good as she gets! You are all wrapped around her little finger and being manipulated by her, tell me when you wake up and realise
  • Options
    cymrugirlcymrugirl Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surefan wrote:
    When Jackiey was in the house they called her white trash, derrrr, isn't this bullying as well! Everyone is out for themselves in this society that's why i don't really bother with anyone, all a bunch of self centred , money driven b**tards

Did they actually use the term? Thought jermaine made a reference to jerry springer but didn't actually say white trash?

As for shilpa not 'going away' I thought she said it was her fault and that the discussion could end but jade still harped on. I would call that action as trying to stop the situation and label it as jade not letting the subject go.
  • Options
    Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    When somebody finally cracks and smacks Jade in the gob for her behaviour will all the Jade apologists be just as quick to say she deserved it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shilpa didn’t have to sit there did she?! If its that bad she would have walked away, or out of the house as she is able to do! Bullying is what I see as overtly aggressive and threatening behaviour, which Jade was not doing last night- it was heated discussion between them both- Shilpa keeps moaning on about stuff and Jade was clearing things up- explaining a lot about why others- not even herself had become upset with Shilpa as Shilpa had wanted to know

Point blank no. Bullying is not JUST 'overtly aggressive and threatening behaviour'. It is when people are constantly picking you apart - everything about your character - and that is exactly what they are doing to Shilpa. Constantly bitching about her behind her back as well - another sign of bullying. Maybe you haven't actually experienced bullying before... or something like this which IS bullying - in which case you are not qualified to say it is not bullying.
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sums up for me much of what this is all about. People are watching this and are reacting to experiences in their own lives NOT directly what is going on on tv screen. It is provoking emotions & experiences in their past. I expect most of the people who are reacting to this are people who themselves have been bullied or suffered racist abuse - dreadful though this is it is leading to a total over-reaction to the events in BB house. Any psychologist will tell you this is a standard response.

MB

Gee thanks

I only posted my experience (terrible as it was at the time it was for a brief period and the woman involved got her comeuppance and I ended up being the blue-eyed girl at work for a long time and no, it was nothing I did. Karma came and bit her on the ass!) as a kind of mirror so that others could recognise in the behaviour exhibited in the house the kind of subtle bullying that can go on.

Please don't try to psychoanalyse me or indeed anyone else who has come forth with a bullying story. It has not shaped who I am. It has not had any effect on me at all in the long run (although at the time it was deeply unpleasant) because I am a fighter and ultimately life is a lesson (something that became a mantra at the time). That experience taught me that biding my time and being patient was a good idea (and taught me patience which up until then I hadn't had much of!).

I do recognise something in the BB house. I recognise the same traits in Jade and co that I saw in my ex-colleague. I do not relive my experience as it was in was a totally different form to that of Shilpa's and I didn't have to endure it for 24 hours a day. I could escape (and I did).

To try to validate or justify what is happening by making it out to be nothing but a reflection of others' lives is merely playing into the hands of the people in there that are behaving thus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BlurAlly wrote:
    Point blank no. Bullying is not JUST 'overtly aggressive and threatening behavious'. It is when people are constantly picking you apart - everything about your character - and that is exactly what they are doing to Shilpa. Constantly bitching about her behind her back as well - another sign of bullying. Maybe you haven't actually experienced bullying before... or something like this which IS bullying - in which case you are not qualified to say it is not bullying.
    Exactly - unfortunately the OP's inability to recognise this, and regarding Jade's behaviour as justifiable is a massive part of why bullying is a problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlurAlly wrote:
    Point blank no. Bullying is not JUST 'overtly aggressive and threatening behavious'. It is when people are constantly picking you apart - everything about your character - and that is exactly what they are doing to Shilpa. Constantly bitching about her behind her back as well - another sign of bullying. Maybe you haven't actually experienced bullying before... or something like this which IS bullying - in which case you are not qualified to say it is not bullying.

Fine- if that’s your definition then she can be accused of the same- many have very conveniently forgotten her snide, rude, snobbish and patronising comments about Jade and her family
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surefan wrote:
    She's is getting as good as she gets! You are all wrapped around her little finger and being manipulated by her, tell me when you wake up and realise

When has she threatened to e.g. put dried up body discharge in someone's food?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    And if you tolerate this then your children will be next, will be next will be next will be next
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlurAlly wrote:

What gets me about all this as well as all the things you have said is who the hell does Jade Goody think she is to get on her high horse and tell ANYONE what's wrong with their behaviour? She's disrespectful and vile mouthed but she's been uncriticised by anyone in the house for her attacks on Ken or Dirk as far as I know.
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fine- if that’s your definition then she can be accused of the same- many have very conveniently forgotten her snide, rude, snobbish and patronising comments about Jade and her family

Pray tell us these "comments."