Christina Aguilera - 'Lotus' album thread

Comments

• 87Ben87Ben Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    'Blank Page' was never meant to be a single. She just chose to perform it at the People's Choice Awards :cool:

'Just a Fool' is still fighting on radio and it's her first song to get airplay in 6 different radio formats since 'Hurt', which is quite amazing. But it's getting minimal support, there's no promo or video shoot and it won't be the big hit she needs unless they do something drastic. It's sold 400k copies in the US though, so it's not a flop like 'You Lost Me'. This week is actually going to be the most crucial week for 'JAF'. If radio stations keep decreasing its daily plays, it's over. But if the current spins remain steady and new stations add it, there's still hope.

I hope I was helpful :)

Lets hope so. It is a good album but she should be promoting a new song. On twitter she was all for getting number 1 with Feel This Moment with Pitbull but other than that she has not promoted her album or singles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    87Ben wrote: »
    Lets hope so. It is a good album but she should be promoting a new song. On twitter she was all for getting number 1 with Feel This Moment with Pitbull but other than that she has not promoted her album or singles.
    Maybe because she knows getting a smash hit as a featured act is the only way she can get her label to invest money in 'Lotus' again. If her label can't fund a video for 'JAF' or book performances, what kind of promo can she do alone?

I think they should release a new single in April or May with a good video and promo to capitalize on the success of 'Feel This Moment'. Maybe 'Let There Be Love' or 'Red Hot Kind of Love'
    Forum Member
    The next single is 'Let There Be Love'!!!

No official radio add yet, but it will be sent to dj's in late April alongside with 5 remixes that you can stream here until they get taken down!

I'm really happy about this! On the one hand, I'm still bitter at how poorly handled 'JAF' was and how its tremendous potential got wasted, but on the other hand, we're getting a third single! The last time this happened was 'Back to Basics' and that was 7 years ago! :D I'm crossing my fingers that we're going to get a video for the song.
    Forum Member
    The next single is 'Let There Be Love'!!!

No official radio add yet, but it will be sent to dj's in late April alongside with 5 remixes that you can stream here until they get taken down!

I'm really happy about this! On the one hand, I'm still bitter at how poorly handled 'JAF' was and how its tremendous potential got wasted, but on the other hand, we're getting a third single! The last time this happened was 'Back to Basics' and that was 7 years ago! :D I'm crossing my fingers that we're going to get a video for the song.

has that actually been confirmed because Let There Be Love is a good song but I really do not think she will promote it but we'll see what happens. Lets hope its been confirmed
    Forum Member
    has that actually been confirmed because Let There Be Love is a good song but I really do not think she will promote it but we'll see what happens. Lets hope its been confirmed
    Yes, it has been confirmed. The label has sent 6 versions of the track (original and the 5 remixes I posted) to numerous dj's in the US and it's already in the top 40 of the US club chart. Also, they officially sent the track to the biggest pop radio station of Chicago where it's already getting minimal airplay (2 or 3 plays a day I think).

The only non-official information is that it will be sent to all radio stations and iTunes on April 30th. Everything else I posted is true and confirmed. :)
    Forum Member
    Yes, it has been confirmed. The label has sent 6 versions of the track (original and the 5 remixes I posted) to numerous dj's in the US and it's already in the top 40 of the US club chart. Also, they officially sent the track to the biggest pop radio station of Chicago where it's already getting minimal airplay (2 or 3 plays a day I think).

The only non-official information is that it will be sent to all radio stations and iTunes on April 30th. Everything else I posted is true and confirmed. :)

Well that's good lets hope she promotes this song and doesn't just rely on her name to sell her song. She deserves at least a top 10 hit.
  • georgebarnesgeorgebarnes Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    im so suprised at how FYB flopped. I loved that, still do..
    Forum Member
    Well that's good lets hope she promotes this song and doesn't just rely on her name to sell her song. She deserves at least a top 10 hit.
    She'll get a top 10 hit (in the US) either this Thursday or the next one with 'Feel This Moment' :D

'LTBL' needs to be the hit that 'Your Body' deserved to be, like the poster above said. She only has to shoot a video and perform the track ONCE and with the hype she'll have from 'FTM' smashing, it will easily outsell ALL her singles since 'Hurt'. Unless her label finds a new way to mess her up.
    Forum Member
    The 'Feel This Moment' video is going to be released this week! The specific date is not confirmed yet, but Pitbull posted on Facebook that we can expect it this week! :)

Also, he's going to perform the track with Christina on Kid's Choice Awards soon! :D:D
    Forum Member
    She needs to promote her music and I hope she manages to show people why people should download her music.

She has the best voice in the buisness and she needs to prove it because she is talented and I don't like the fact that Rihanna is better selling.

Back in 2002/2005 Christina was what a lot of people were talking about her and Britney.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what`s happening with a UK release? or anything? not for FTM as i couldn`t care less for that, but with LTBL (if this is an international single?) Altho sadly now i can`t see this album being revived over here :/ even if she releases another song
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Does anyone know what`s happening with a UK release? or anything? not for FTM as i couldn`t care less for that, but with LTBL (if this is an international single?) Altho sadly now i can`t see this album being revived over here :/ even if she releases another song
    No news about 'LTBL' yet. We don't even have an official iTunes release date for the US yet.

The album can still be revived though if she wants to try. 'FTM', which I'm not too keen on btw, will be a smash hit and will put her back on the map, so if she doesn't drop the ball this time and strike while the iron is hot with promotion and a new single, then the album can re-enter the chart.
    Forum Member
    She's baaaaaaaack!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFXSd6cCYAArtVL.jpg

She tweeted this picture from the set of the 'FTM' video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's baaaaaaaack!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFXSd6cCYAArtVL.jpg

She tweeted this picture from the set of the 'FTM' video.

Has Christina been hitting the gym in her absence?

Her body looks great!

The similarities between Lotus and Bionic eras are so scary, two fiesty attitude charged debut singles followed by globally not so successful ballads.

In a dream world her team would strike while the iron is hot and utilise any success/attention gained from the FTM promo train and drop Let There Be Love. But realistically I don't like saying it but I can see them doing nothing/releasing it ridiculously late after the FTM momentum is gone.

What on earth is Christina up to since the Voice absence and performing when she got that honorary award? Her team really need to sort it out!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the screen playing a picture because the lights aren't the same as the ones by the real Christina.
    Forum Member
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    The similarities between Lotus and Bionic eras are so scary, two fiesty attitude charged debut singles followed by globally not so successful ballads.

In a dream world her team would strike while the iron is hot and utilise any success/attention gained from the FTM promo train and drop Let There Be Love. But realistically I don't like saying it but I can see them doing nothing/releasing it ridiculously late after the FTM momentum is gone.
    'Let There Be Love' has already been released as the third single!!! :D It's been sent to dj's across America and it's in the top 40 of the US dance/ club play chart, 5 official remixes have been made (you'll find links in some of my previous posts in this thread), it's getting minimal airplay on US pop radio since January and it's also been serviced to radio in Australia.

I have a good feeling about this tbh! The label will obviously invest more money on a Max Martin track rather than a country duet, although 'JAF' had immense potential and has outsold 'YB' without video and without much airplay. 'LTBL' is shaping up to do much better though, if they play their cards right. And this time, I think they will :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Let There Be Love' has already been released as the third single!!! :D It's been sent to dj's across America and it's in the top 40 of the US dance/ club play chart, 5 official remixes have been made (you'll find links in some of my previous posts in this thread), it's getting minimal airplay on US pop radio since January and it's also been serviced to radio in Australia.

I have a good feeling about this tbh! The label will obviously invest more money on a Max Martin track rather than a country duet, although 'JAF' had immense potential and has outsold 'YB' without video and without much airplay. 'LTBL' is shaping up to do much better though, if they play their cards right. And this time, I think they will :)

They better do! I want a red hot video as well. Get the Your Body director on the phone, that video was easily one of my favourite Christina Aguilera video's ever! :cool:
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Have listened to the whole album quite a few times, to those saying it's safe maybe it's a higher power decision after the failure of Bionic. It's a real shame one of the best albums of 2012's overlooked in favour of conveyor belt artists releasing albums like rabbits reproducing, Blank Page is my favourite and it seems Christina and Sia have got a Mariah/Walter creative bond going on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fashion wrote: »
    Have listened to the whole album quite a few times, to those saying it's safe maybe it's a higher power decision after the failure of Bionic. It's a real shame one of the best albums of 2012's overlooked in favour of conveyor belt artists releasing albums like rabbits reproducing, Blank Page is my favourite and it seems Christina and Sia have got a Mariah/Walter creative bond going on.

Oh absolutely, definitely the label would have influenced Christina's sound on this album. They knew it was a safer move to avoid being really creative and innovative after Bionic, although I'm still convinced with more promotion that could have lifted off. Interesting analysis of the Christina/Sia partnership there, you might be onto something there. I love them when they collaborate. I hope that on a future collab, its in the vocal booth as much as it is in songwriting, we can't forget the wonderful Sia has a brilliant and unique voice herself, to see her go for a duet with Christina would be a dream for me!

Speaking of Christina, the Feel this Moment video has just premiered.

Christina looks HOT!
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh absolutely, definitely the label would have influenced Christina's sound on this album. They knew it was a safer move to avoid being really creative and innovative after Bionic, although I'm still convinced with more promotion that could have lifted off. Interesting analysis of the Christina/Sia partnership there, you might be onto something there. I love them when they collaborate. I hope that on a future collab, its in the vocal booth as much as it is in songwriting, we can't forget the wonderful Sia has a brilliant and unique voice herself, to see her go for a duet with Christina would be a dream for me!

Christina looks HOT!

Horrible song, horrible video. I can't believe that she would collaborate on such a crap song :(

She looks nice though. Although her posing and hair flipping is predictable.

Sigh.

I feel like the worst fan in the world right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible song, horrible video. I can't believe that she would collaborate on such a crap song :(

She looks nice though. Although her posing and hair flipping is predictable.

Sigh.

I feel like the worst fan in the world right now.

I know what you mean. I hate those lazy tour videos, they could have played with the song lyrics or something and been a bit more creative. But none of that is Christina's fault I guess, the joys of being the feature!

Exposure is exposure I guess and it seems to be in the top ten on the US iTunes so its nice to see Christina's name there, even if she isn't the lead!

Here's hoping Let there Be Love can get the same success!
    Forum Member
    I hate those lazy tour videos, they could have played with the song lyrics or something and been a bit more creative.
    RCA is saving money for the high budget 'Let There Be Love' video. :cry::cry::cry:

:D
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member

Christina looks HOT!
    Definitely could've lifted Bionic that little more, I blame the failure on the likes of Perez Hilton with those unfavourable Gaga comparison hate 'campaigns'.

Thanks for the link :)
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. I hate those lazy tour videos, they could have played with the song lyrics or something and been a bit more creative. But none of that is Christina's fault I guess, the joys of being the feature!

Exposure is exposure I guess and it seems to be in the top ten on the US iTunes so its nice to see Christina's name there, even if she isn't the lead!

Here's hoping Let there Be Love can get the same success!

Yes, agree with all of this.
    RCA is saving money for the high budget 'Let There Be Love' video. :cry::cry::cry:

:D

LOL true.

(:()
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs all the exposure she can get, she's becoming a bit of a has-been unfortunately. It could have changed with this album, but it's not her best work...