Jim has been black balled by the media.

Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
Forum Member
Does anyone really think he is going to get back on TV as a presenter - which I think has been his driving force?

To me he is head and shoulders (Lionel) above the rest of them - but a pretty dull and insipid bunch.

Jim has come across really well.

However - I still don't think he is going to get the prime time big break he thinks.

What do you think?

Comments

• Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. That time has gone. Jim has plenty of other options.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    Does anyone really think he is going to get back on TV as a presenter - which I think has been his driving force?

To me he is head and shoulders (Lionel) above the rest of them - but a pretty dull and insipid bunch.

Jim has come across really well.

However - I still don't think he is going to get the prime time big break he thinks.

What do you think?

You know what he thinks?
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

I agree, he will find something else

I like the Victor Meldrew sitcom idea
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't he already done a TV show called big break?
  • Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

Like what?

He is skint - like they all are.

I can imagine him becoming a regular on The Wright Stuff - like most of the other people from these shows.

IMO he REALLY wants to get back on TV as a host.
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim is more employable for a wider range of things on TV than Sam, Casey or Ollie.

Luisa and Dappy may find a few strings to add to their bow on TV too.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why not, I would like to see The Generation Game back on, great family entertainment. He can do it, he's proven he can, so why not :)
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Jim wants prime time at all. He has a life that makes him happy now why go back to all the stuff that made his life so difficult.

I think he's more likely to be writing, producing and promoting other people's talent. Plus his charity foundation and other charity commitments.:)
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's waiting for the Strictly gig when Brucie finally keels over. Ladies in skimpy clothes, a feast of campness, what more could he want?
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    You know what he thinks?

Read that again slowly....
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Hasn't he already done a TV show called big break?

Yes he did, and Generation Game which I loved, wasn't keen when Bruce took over.
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him back on the air, especially if she won. No one thought Noël Edmonds would come back. TV seems to be kinder to older men than women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    He's waiting for the Strictly gig when Brucie finally keels over. Ladies in skimpy clothes, a feast of campness, what more could he want?

Crikey can you imagine the grief he and the BBC would get if that ever came to pass?

He would be bloody funny though. :D
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »

In his element. Slight difference being that Brucie has always been known as a "family" cheeseball.

Wheras Jim hasn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read that again slowly....

Just did. Has he told you what he thinks?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we might see an updated or even new biography.......written with the benefit of hindsight, a great deal of therapy, surviving Yewtree and Linda Nolan. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like what?

He is skint - like they all are.

I can imagine him becoming a regular on The Wright Stuff - like most of the other people from these shows.

IMO he REALLY wants to get back on TV as a host.

jim is a very smart man and he'll be acutely aware of his limitations. my guess is he's doing this for cash, to prove some people wrong and maybe to feel loved by the public again.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone really think he is going to get back on TV as a presenter - which I think has been his driving force? However - I still don't think he is going to get the prime time big break he thinks.

Did he ever say that was what he wanted?:confused:
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He could do something like a documentary for armed forces over seas, since he has a keen interest in that. Ross Kemp has done a few.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I always thought the likes of Jim made their money doing tours and PA..etc..etc...although I do the love the SCD suggestion however I suspect hell would freeze over before JD was ever offered that particular gig
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Just did. Has he told you what he thinks?

No helping some people is there? Do you agree?
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Did he ever say that was what he wanted?:confused:

No. Why do you keep making out he does? Why are you struggling to read what it says?
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    I think we might see an updated or even new biography.......written with the benefit of hindsight, a great deal of therapy, surviving Yewtree and Linda Nolan. :)

I'm not sure which of these would have been the worst!:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could do something like a documentary for armed forces over seas, since he has a keen interest in that. Ross Kemp has done a few.

Well I would watch. Our armed forces adore him! :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No helping some people is there? Do you agree?

I think Jim is a smart cookie. I bet he even knows what HE thinks.