• Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get Simon and Jake out
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Sunetra will probably go this weekend. And to be honest, unless anyone else has a disaster, she should go. :(
  • Options
    Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing Frankie has a lot of support, I mean she tweets about her performance after she does it to over 1.2 million twitter followers, as well as her band mates (all of which combined total of 3.3 million) AND the @TheSaturdays official account with 660k followers tweets all the time about voting for her. Not to mention the fanbase she has plus the fact that she's near enough top three on the Leaderboard every week! :-)
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be sad to see Sunetra go.

I'm really hoping for a Pixie vs Jake bottom 2 at some point soon to get rid of him.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    More obvious than Judy destined to leave last week? Or Mark in two weeks time? Or Simon in three? Or Jake in four? Or Caroline to finish third? Or Pixie second? Or Frankie to win? Yes, I don't know why they don't just give her the trophy now and have done with it, save us all the fun and enjoyment of the show. Who wants that on a Saturday evening? :p

I imagine you think this is vaguely clever or witty. It isn't.

If you're being serious then, yes. It is more obvious than any of those scenarios you mentioned. I could go into reasons but I doubt you want to hear them :p.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing Frankie has a lot of support, I mean she tweets about her performance after she does it to over 1.2 million twitter followers, as well as her band mates (all of which combined total of 3.3 million) AND the @TheSaturdays official account with 660k followers tweets all the time about voting for her. Not to mention the fanbase she has plus the fact that she's near enough top three on the Leaderboard every week! :-)

Those stats would really worry me if it turned out only a handful of followers were bothering to tweet.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess if she manages to outdance say Mark or Simon and they end up bottom 2 with her, she may stay (a bit like Patrick Robinson knocking out ATD etc). However I think it is safe to say she is on borrowed time and will be out sooner rather than latter

I am fully expecting her to leave this week, as I am sure her and Brendan are too, she is the weakest dancer left and has been in the bottom 2 for the last 2 weeks BUT you never know..........
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,540
    Forum Member

Whilst I agree twitter followers will have some form an impact. How many fans did 1D have on twitter and end up only placing 3rd on XF.

Similarly Vanessa (from the Sats) took part in an ITV singing show and was eliminated week 2.

Therefore I don't think twitter is he be all and end all - if it was then Scott would still be in due to his mass amount of followers and R1 plugging
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,540
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    I am fully expecting her to leave this week, as I am sure her and Brendan are too, she is the weakest dancer left and has been in the bottom 2 for the last 2 weeks BUT you never know..........

I agree, stranger things have happened, but I think everyone must be thinking it's going to be them, including them.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping for a Simon - Mark dance off with Mark leaving.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine you think this is vaguely clever or witty. It isn't.

If you're being serious then, yes. It is more obvious than any of those scenarios you mentioned. I could go into reasons but I doubt you want to hear them :p.
    I didn't think it was necessarily either of those things, but you obviously took it seriously enough to get your knickers in a knot. :confused: Are you one of their agents or something? Or a bookie? You're not an SCD staffer are you? :o I was simply playing along with the presumptions game the OP was engaging in. At best, it's maybe a little prescient.

(http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/prescient)
  • Options
    dewyrosedewyrose Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Pixie v Mark - either will do nicely
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might as well skip this week. Its a foregone conclusion!

If you look at the first combined leaderboard of week 2, the top 7 then are the top 7 we are left with now.

So for all the journies and improvement and shock boot storylines, things have gone all g pretty routinely anyway.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    I'm not counting my chickens on this one. Stranger things have happened ..............

Only needs two of the 'contenders' to make a serious mistake or have a bad day and Craig to be in a bad mood. The public vote would probably keep them out of the dance-off but strange things can happen.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dewyrose wrote: »
    Pixie v Mark - either will do nicely

No way Mark could beat her in a dance off. Even if she fell over a few times :p

I hope Pixie isn't in the bottom two but I would like Mark to leave. He is the weakest dancer along with Sunetra but he has none of her charm.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also worry for Frankie what would happen if it was a Frankie vs Pixie dance off it will happen one week
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Get Simon and Jake out

Eh? But both of them are heaps better than Sumetra? Jake and Simon could make it to the final, IMO.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all we know she could be more popular with the voters than most of the remaining celebs.

But I fully expect the judges to award higher marks to Jake, Pixie and Frankie even if their routines are clearly not as good as Sunetra's. I can already hear them banging on about Jake's characterisation being the best they've ever seen in an AT, and ignoring the fact that his footwork was nowhere near as good as Simon's.

She's clearly not more popular though, otherwise she'd possibly have escaped the dance-off at the weekend. And Rumba doesn't score well unless it's Kara or Rachel-esque brilliant, which given the total lack of chemistry between Sunetra and Brendan, it's unlikely to be.

But unlike your seemingly psychic assessment of Jake's AT, I won't make a definitive pronouncement on it until I've actually seen her dance on Saturday.
    lundavra wrote: »
    Only needs two of the 'contenders' to make a serious mistake or have a bad day and Craig to be in a bad mood. The public vote would probably keep them out of the dance-off but strange things can happen.

Caroline made a serious mistake on Saturday and still scored 33!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. A decent dancer would have been looking down at the floor to make sure she didn't slip on the hem of her dress.

She deserved to have been deducted three points per judge for that mistake alone.

I had to laugh when Brendan said on ITT this evening that Caroline's was the dance of the evening. Clueless people with delusions of adequacy are SO funny :)
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's clearly not more popular though, otherwise she'd possibly have escaped the dance-off at the weekend. And Rumba doesn't score well unless it's Kara or Rachel-esque brilliant, which given the total lack of chemistry between Sunetra and Brendan, it's unlikely to be.

But unlike your seemingly psychic assessment of Jake's AT, I won't make a definitive pronouncement on it until I've actually seen her dance on Saturday.

Do you mean her stumble at the start? I'd call that an accident not a mistake. She stood on her dress. I think that's why the judges didn't mark her down for it too much.
  • Options
    washboardwashboard Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Similarly Vanessa (from the Sats) took part in an ITV singing show and was eliminated week 2.

Pop star to Opera star?

She was - or was edited to appear - completely uninterested and unwilling to invest the time in learning .

Very different from the way Frankie is - or is edited to appear - on Strictly.

Like many others, on many another reality show, Vanessa had huge potential. But didn't get very far.

Did she let herself down? Or was she let down by the edit?

A question which could also be relevant to many other participants in reality shows...
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    Agreed. A decent dancer would have been looking down at the floor to make sure she didn't slip on the hem of her dress.

She deserved to have been deducted three points per judge for that mistake alone.

I had to laugh when Brendan said on ITT this evening that Caroline's was the dance of the evening. Clueless people with delusions of adequacy are SO funny :)

:confused::confused:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=75729245&postcount=6

Such a shame she slipped on the dress and I'd love to see her dance that routine again if she makes the final
  • Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's never a foregone conclusion though is it? The person she is up against could forget their steps, fall over, knock their partner over etc etc. The judges have to (and we have to believe it,) judge solely on that dance.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Do you mean her stumble at the start? I'd call that an accident not a mistake. She stood on her dress. I think that's why the judges didn't mark her down for it too much.

It was an accident, yes, but it was still a mistake in terms of missng bits of the routine and it (understandably) affected the rest of her performance. Anyway, my point wasn't the pedantry over wording that people have turned it into, it was that despite Caroline having a major stumble she scored highly, meaning that even if someone messes up this weekend they won't necessarily score lower than Sunetra. That was the point I was replying to, which funnily enough is a lot more relevant to the topic of the thread than whether Caroline stumbled or made a mistake (or whether you consider those to be one and the same or not).
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping for a Simon - Mark dance off with Mark leaving.

That would be good....fingers crossed.:)