Options

What does it mean when there is a plane circling your village at this time of night?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cleveland police have a spotter plane, it was always flying around where I used to live. Or they did anyway, a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It means THEY are watching YOU. Mwuahahahah
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he can only land in daylight so will hang out in the air flying around in circles. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's lame
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it always the Police? Its very loud they must be really low!

Working near Manchester Airport the planes sometimes circle for a while before landing because something is on the runway blocking their landing.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you near an airport? Or on a flight path? They could be waiting in line to land.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ElRawns wrote: »
    Maybe he can only land in daylight so will hang out in the air flying around in circles. :rolleyes:

Quick question; What is 'DS Project Contestant' all about?
  • Options
    Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be burning off fuel

To land

Myth. Aircraft do not "burn off" fuel to land.

OP

I am presuming this is a light aircraft, rather than something larger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in a small village surrounded by countryside, the amount of times we have a helicopter circling is ridiculous. It's been said that they're trying to catch drug pushers in the woods behind us. Yeah, right!

I wonder if they use it as a training ground tbh, the same as they use the nearby junction and stretch of road as a training ground for police cars to go na naaing by ten times a bloody day.
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think beat bobbies ought to get around on segways, They're quick, efficient and stylish and would look cool with a little flashing blue light.
  • Options
    Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some forces already employ such devices.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It means Rudolph Hess is looking for somewhere to land and begin peace negotiations!

:p:D
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I live on the coast and about once a month there's a coastguard helicopter overhead in the small hours checking the coastline with thermal imaging cameras. It's incredibly loud, goes on for well over an hour.

I also had a scary night a few years ago where a police helicopter was shining a high-intensity searchlight through the gardens at 2am, including my own. It was like a scene from Close Encounters, only instead of 'ET' I expected to be taken hostage by an escaped crim at any moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When aircraft top up their fuel in flight, sometimes the long pipey thing droops downwards after they disconnect it and falls down someone's chimney and so they find themselves flying round and round in circles until it breaks loose or your chimney falls apart which has it's benefits as it saves you having to sweep it.