Options

Beans & Onions.

Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
Forum Member
✭✭
Am I the only one here to have tasted and enjoyed this nice mix for years? Nothing bates a fried onion with plenty of beans mixed through it. Anyone here ever tried this?

Comments

• Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Is this a late night drunk dish, or normal food?
  • Options
    Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baked beans or green beans?
  • Options
    manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you fry the baked beans with the onion s OP or just mix them after frying the onion?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ughhhhhh. :|
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me... beans and fried onion is nicer than plain old beans or plain old onion.

I like what fried onion does to tomato soup... mmmm

I have been told I have some weird food habits though...
  • Options
    Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you fry the baked beans with the onion s OP or just mix them after frying the onion?

Fry the chopped onions first in a little oil, then when the onions are nicely fried add a can or two of baked beans in with it. Heat until the beans are piping hot. Serve with a few slices of bread and butter. Sorry guys should have been a little more clearer from the beginning. No one else ever try this? :)
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    I used to finely chop an onion and leave it in the pot with the baked beans on the heat for a little while - tasted great! ;)
    You can now buy those little pots of dried fried onions in most supermarkets as yet have not tried them with beans, but did put them in a curry I made and they worked fine.