EE actors not allowed to stop outside set

Comments

• HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    My first thought was sympathy for Mona as she used to visit Elstree a lot.

It won't stop her.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    There is also an issue of safety and consideration for the actors - the BBC have a duty of care to its employees and whilst i'm sure the majority of fans are sane, reasonable and polite - there are unbalanced ones out there. Speaking specifically of Elstree, Rosie Marcel from :olby City was stalked for 2 years and her stalker was often waiting outside Elstree. How frightening must that be for an actor, to know that this person putting you through hell (making death threats amongst other things) is metres away from you as you drive into and out of work and you have no idea which one of the people there it is?
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    It won't stop her.

A couple of policeman walking up down outside elstree with their truncheons might stop the fans.

They should have a webcam outside, so we can view them all standing around and see what they're up to. You know like the one at Abbey Road.
    Forum Member
    Never was such a fuss made about such a terrible character.

Hmm,hmm. I'm off to a 50th birthday party soon. My friend is condemned to have D-Day be more important than his birthday. I, am condemned to forever more have my birthday be known as the Day Danielle was squished!
    Forum Member
    A couple of policeman walking up down outside elstree with their truncheons might stop the fans.

They should have a webcam outside, so we can view them all standing around and see what they're up to. You know like the one at Abbey Road.

Ha, ha. Technically speaking I think the residents would be entitled to call the Police and ask for any fans to be moved on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only way is more security, I've never been myself but have seen photos and it seems a lot do gather out there for hours.

A webcam would be a invasion of privacy I would imagine.

Maybe they would be better off doing fan conventions like they do in a america for soaps.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Damn, I didn't realise that standing outside the studios and loudly singing "I Will Always Love You" to Sam Strike on a loop for twelve hours was going to have repercussions further down the line. :(

You're getting the bill for my new windows. That high note was a bit too high. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone wants a idea of how residential it is theses folk went on a visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0Vd9QKvRM
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    If anyone wants a idea of how residential it is theses folk went on a visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0Vd9QKvRM

Yes, some of those houses really are quite close, I don't blame them for being uneasy at having strangers loitering at the bottom of their gardens for hours on end. I wouldn't like it at all.

I now there is the argument that they don't have to live near a tv studio but some might have been there before EE started, and certainly before fans started hanging around constantly.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    There is also an issue of safety and consideration for the actors - the BBC have a duty of care to its employees and whilst i'm sure the majority of fans are sane, reasonable and polite - there are unbalanced ones out there. Speaking specifically of Elstree, Rosie Marcel from :olby City was stalked for 2 years and her stalker was often waiting outside Elstree. How frightening must that be for an actor, to know that this person putting you through hell (making death threats amongst other things) is metres away from you as you drive into and out of work and you have no idea which one of the people there it is?

That's awful :( yes safety of employees and also of the people that live in the area.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    You're getting the bill for my new windows. That high note was a bit too high. >:(

You got to experience my beautiful, operatic-like singing so I think you should consider yourself richer for the experience. >:(
    Hahaha I wasn't being completely serious - both me and elly have a crush on the guy so I was just saying I wouldn't blame her if she did. I knew she was kidding really. Honest! :p

Like I said in the later comment I'm way too shy to even consider that. I wouldn't wanna scare Sam Strike off tbh. He's too gorgeous. :kitty:

We'll just have to admire him from afar. ;-)
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Corrie seem a bit more community based.

There not egoistic like the EE lot.

Footballers take a lot of criticism, but they would never refuse to sign autographs ever.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    Has Scrabbler been down there coursing trouble again. :p
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    I think its fair enough I would hate to be a resident around there especially for those with families. I don't like meeting the cast too much destroys the illusion "What do you mean they are real people!"
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member

Footballers take a lot of criticism, but they would never refuse to sign autographs ever.

The EE lot are not refusing to sign autographs either.
  • Neu IntentionNeu Intention Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You got to experience my beautiful, operatic-like singing so I think you should consider yourself richer for the experience. >:(

We'll just have to admire him from afar. ;-)

Indeed. :blush:

I've never been to the studios (or that residential area) myself though and I probably wouldn't go unless for professional reasons (which is unlikely) in reality.

I'll just have to dream that one day I'll by complete coincidence pass him in the street or a club or something. And then I'll either be too shy to go up to him or I'll approach him and be like "H-Hii..." :blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. :blush:

I've never been to the studios (or that residential area) myself though and I probably wouldn't go unless for professional reasons (which is unlikely) in reality.

I'll just have to dream that one day I'll by complete coincidence pass him in the street or a club or something. And then I'll either be too shy to go up to him or I'll approach him and be like "H-Hii..." :blush::blush:

I'd definitely be in the "too shy" camp. The idea of actually approaching a famous person fills me with horror. I'm pretty sure I would embarrass myself completely if I ever spoke to him. But I would definitely be staring at him the whole time which is probably way creepier than just asking for a quick autograph/photo. :blush:
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    The EE lot are not refusing to sign autographs either.

If they don't stop outside for the fans waiting they don't sign the autographs its that simple.

Now read that back to me. I want to make sure you understand. ;-)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The cast are not refusing to sign autographs.. due to complaints from the surrounding houses in Borehamwood, their local council has deemed it a health and safety risk. Probably because of this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-star-adam-woodyatt-car-3558236

Do things make sense now?
  • Neu IntentionNeu Intention Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd definitely be in the "too shy" camp. The idea of actually approaching a famous person fills me with horror. I'm pretty sure I would embarrass myself completely if I ever spoke to him. But I would definitely be staring at him the whole time which is probably way creepier than just asking for a quick autograph/photo. :blush:

I wouldn't say I'd be too shy to approach a famous person in general. But rather I'd wanna leave them to have a normal life. But a famous person who you fancy very much? That's a different ball game tbh. Then I would be incredibly shy. I'd be too afraid of scaring him off, he's already pretty shy.

And me probably as well. I'd be looking lovingly at him from afar. If we made eye contact I'd just have to like wink at him or something. ;-):blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't stop outside for the fans waiting they don't sign the autographs its that simple.

Now read that back to me. I want to make sure you understand. ;-)

They are not refusing, they've been told there not allowed too, big diff, new it wouldn't take you long to bring corrie is better crap into this, pathetic.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just posting this because i haven't seen a thread for it and i know a few people on here travel up to the set.

"@matt_diangelo: Msg for fans that come to the EE set for autographs "under no circumstances are we allowed to stop." Im really sorry guys. X ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Seems residents in the area were complaining.

He could have said that he would be available in the nearest MacDonalds.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Corrie seem a bit more community based.

Which has what relevance to the thread?
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,278
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Has Scrabbler been down there coursing trouble again. :p

Erm I was extremely well behaved when I was there I shall have you know. There were some scary people there though so I shall never go back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete.