Options

Xbox preview program

2»

Comments

• Options
    LFC007LFC007 Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    If you are already in the Preview Program then you just need to opt in from the Preview Dashboard App

i'm already on opt-in from the first NXOE from last year or 2,

this new version you need a new message from xbox to opt-in, which i don't have so hopefully a invite will allow the new update to come through, lets give it a try? : :)
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no invite for this preview from users if you are already in the preview program.

I had to go to Registration the other day in the Preview App and change from Current Preview to New Preview
  • Options
    LFC007LFC007 Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    There is no invite for this preview from users if you are already in the preview program.

I had to go to Registration the other day in the Preview App and change from Current Preview to New Preview

i guess its a waiting game to get the message officially so i can opt=in again, thanks for your assistance nevertheless
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes there is. That's the whole point of how it works this time and with the NXOE.

MS has said that the order the invites go out in is based on preview feedback scores, and that those invites are going out to members of the preview programme (which is obvious, as people not in the preview programme couldn't have given any feedback before and so would have no feedback scores).

http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/06/xbox-one-summer-update-preview/
    For the update coming this summer, we’re taking the same approach we used for the New Xbox One Experience with an opt-in program to let fans choose how they want to participate. We’ll begin testing a set of features expected this week with an opt-in audience in Xbox Preview.
    Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/06/xbox-one-summer-update-preview/

https://majornelson.com/2015/09/11/how-to-opt-in-to-the-new-xbox-one-experience-preview/
    Here’s how it works:

*We will roll this update out over time to Preview members who opt in for it, starting with a set of Preview members who have historically submitted the most feedback. Our goal is to start with a group, get feedback on a set of features, then roll out to larger groups for additional feedback over time. It will not roll out to everyone at the same time. We’ll also be adding new features over time as we get closer to launch.

*If you’re a Preview member, you’ll get an invitation sent to you in an Xbox Live message.

*From the invitation, launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard and select the registration option.

*You can then opt-in by selecting “Preview – New Xbox One Experience.”

*If you don’t want to participate in this preview update, you will continue to receive “regular” Preview Program updates going forward. It will not remove you from the Xbox Preview Program altogether.

*Over the next several weeks, new builds will regularly roll out to those who opt in, and our engineering team will work to improve the features and fix any bugs they identify during the preview testing.

We’ll release the New Xbox One Experience to all Preview members in waves following the initial opt in period so hang tight if you aren’t in the first few groups to get access.

(replace "New Xbox One Experience" with "Latest Xbox One Experience".)

https://twitter.com/EmInterrupted/status/738197661522661376
    Meanwhile, Preview members, check your Live messages! Those w/the most points after the last wave have a fun message waiting for them. ;)

See also Tweets from https://twitter.com/xboxqwik.

I've been in the preview programme for ages, and still received an invite to preview the Latest Xbox One Experience... because that's how it's meant to work.

Maybe something just went wrong with the timing of yours and you missed the message or were able to opt in before receiving it, but it *is* currently invite only for existing preview participants.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway. I've been stuck on "EnrollChangePending" since I opted-in after getting the message late Monday night / early Tuesday morning :(
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D - Your right, there is an invite for this part of the preview but you cannot invite someone in to test.

I got my invite on Monday as well, and I was wrong when I thought my Xbox had upgraded as it hasn't yet.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the update tonight. They've finally stopped it relaunching apps and games by pressing the B button on the dashboard, it was so annoying. When you quit something it should stay quit until you launch it the proper way.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utterly despise Cortana. I've never had any issues with voice commands before, but she is utterly terrible. "Hey Cortana, go to my games and apps", Cortana: "Sure, let me search that in the store for you". Was unable to turn my Xbox on using voice commands, When trying to turn my Xbox off, she thinks she should bing it instead (although, as most people with a windows phone will agree too (bad decision on my part :D), Cortana does like to Bing a lot, rather than perform simple tasks...).

I just don't understand, when imo, the previous Xbox commands always worked perfectly for me with minimal issues... She's also sooooo slow when understanding commands, as it takes her a while to decipher what has been said.

It's also not consistent when using the previous 'Xbox command' it's "Hey Cortana, Xbox Unsnap" but "Hey Cortana, Watch TV" (previous Xbox Watch TV). Finding the whole thing extremely frustrating.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Utterly despise Cortana. I've never had any issues with voice commands before, but she is utterly terrible. "Hey Cortana, go to my games and apps", Cortana: "Sure, let me search that in the store for you". Was unable to turn my Xbox on using voice commands, When trying to turn my Xbox off, she thinks she should bing it instead (although, as most people with a windows phone will agree too (bad decision on my part :D), Cortana does like to Bing a lot, rather than perform simple tasks...).

I just don't understand, when imo, the previous Xbox commands always worked perfectly for me with minimal issues... She's also sooooo slow when understanding commands, as it takes her a while to decipher what has been said.

It's also not consistent when using the previous 'Xbox command' it's "Hey Cortana, Xbox Unsnap" but "Hey Cortana, Watch TV" (previous Xbox Watch TV). Finding the whole thing extremely frustrating.

Saying "Hey Cortana Xbox On" works for me to switch the console on as for some of the other stuff you mention this is covered by the known issue section. Along with this MS staff have said improving the speed of voice commands is one of the main things they are looking at right now.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/update_preview/update_preview_forums/xosu_1606/f/5618/t/2170244.aspx

And the Cortana preview forum below.
    http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/update_preview/update_preview_forums/xosu_1606/f/5631.aspx
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm finding Cortana a backward step at the moment. So much slower and less reliable than before. I've had it freeze the game I'm playing a few time when I get it to adjust the sound, the thinking noise going into a loop and going off to search the internet when it miss hears.

The most annoying thing for me is that it doesn't work when I'm watching telly. Now, cos of the lower quality picture, I don't have the TV through the xbox but direct to my amp. I did still use the xbox for voice commands to adjust the volume and it worked fine, mostly. Now it doesn't work at all. I thought it might be that there was too much sound coming out of the TV so I calibrated the mic, which didn't help. I turned the TV down, that didn't help. I then tried a game with a loud volume and cortana did it that time. So, the only thing I can think of is that cortana knows I'm not watching the xbox and doesn't bother with the command. Can the Xbox detect that my receiver isn't accepting it's signal?