Options

Backwards Compatibility coming to Xbox One.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brigon wrote: »
    It normally does take a little bit of time.If you have it digitally try do a console restart, then check the list of games you can install. Left 4 Dead is a xbox 360 game, and will show up as an xbox 360 game on the Xbox One, but you can install it and it will run on an Xbox One if you have it digitally.
    If you have the disk version inserting the disk into your Xbox 360 disk into your Xbox One console should start it installing.

Thanks. I'll tell him to try that. Thank you :-)
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Even if you own the disc version of a game the console still needs to download the emulated version of the game for it to work on the Xbox One.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    I've just started playing Portal 2 again, as it was recently added to the BC list!!!

As soon as I put the disc into my Xbox One, it ran through an update and then the old Xbox 360 start up sequence started and off I went!!!

Brings back memories!
    :)
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    I've just started playing Portal 2 again, as it was recently added to the BC list!!!

As soon as I put the disc into my Xbox One, it ran through an update and then the old Xbox 360 start up sequence started and off I went!!!

Brings back memories!
    :)

Is this the first BC title you've tried? Even the downloaded titles have the old 360 startup screen...
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fallout: New Vegas, D&D: Chronicles of Mystara, Blood Knights, Red Faction Battlegrounds, Joe Danger, Crystal Quest, Comic Jumper & I Am Alive are coming to BC today/available now
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for them to add Topspin 4 :(
    I'm resigned to the fact there will never be another tennis game made so the least they could do is upgrade their last one to Xbox One.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fallout new vegas sweet :D

gradually getting there just mass effect 2, mass effect 3, dead space 2, and dead space 3 to go off my list
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Still waiting for them to add Topspin 4 :(
    I'm resigned to the fact there will never be another tennis game made so the least they could do is upgrade their last one to Xbox One.

I want a tennis game as well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fallout: New Vegas, Blood Knights, Red Faction Battlegrounds, Joe Danger, Comic Jumper, Crystal Quest, D&D:Chronicles of Mystara, I am Alive now available.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bloodforge, Mars: War Logs, Gripshift and Go! Go! Break Steady are coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been confirmed that Red Dead Redemption will come to Xbox One Backward Compatibility on Friday, July 8th it's currently on sale with the "Ultimate Game Sale"
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gary77 wrote: »
    It's been confirmed that Red Dead Redemption will come to Xbox One Backward Compatibility on Friday, July 8th it's currently on sale with the "Ultimate Game Sale"

Sweet Jebus!
  • Options
    Forum Member

AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £6.50ish not bad
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brought the game 6 months ago, just been sitting there waiting for this day.
  • Options
    Forum Member

..does it also allow you to play online too?
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    My RDR disk is sitting on the One ready to be fed into the disk tray.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ..does it also allow you to play online too?

Yes, you get access to the game as you would if it were running on a 360.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Yes, you get access to the game as you would if it were running on a 360.

...awesome - thanks for that!

Already played this game twice through, on my 360 but never collected and did everything! 3rd time lucky this time.
    ;-)
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since Red Dead Redemption is officially on the Xbox One Backward Compatibility list for Xbox 360 games
    as of today, what other games from R* do you think could be coming in the not too distant future ... ?

I'm personally hoping for GTA IV and Midnight Club Los Angeles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if you can transfer your RDR saved file(s) from the 360 to the One?
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if you can transfer your RDR saved file(s) from the 360 to the One?

You should be able to hopefully this link should help. Or you could just enjoy playing the game scratch again.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/manage-games-data
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if its on the cloud it should just see the save game and you can continue it has for me on every other game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheers, I copied them into the cloud.

Was tempted to start again (then I remembered all the hard to find stuff I'd collected).
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be happy once we get mass effect 2 & 3