Options

Long start-up times for iRiver H10 audio player.

My iRiver H10 has not been the same since a firmware upgrade months ago. I've been patient hoping that they would fix it over that time, but no joy.

So the problem is that when I power-on it starts as normal and then, "Please wait. . . initialising" appears for around 5 minutes. That's far too long, so what's this little thing doing in that time ?

Does anyone know of a way to fix this ?

I've tried going to the iRiver site with their support section, but all they have is a bot called Alice who brings up answers that don't fix my problem. I can't return it now either, but other people have mentioned having the same problems as I so its not just my player either.

When it works, its a great peace of kit but I wish I had got an iPod instead.

Can anyone help me with the above questions ?

I would be very, very greatful to anyone who can offer suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I've noticed an occasional longer boot up time after the last upgrade (2.51 E) but then only after it's been connected to my PC or the battery has been run flat and recharged.

It's not an issue for me so never considered it a "bug" as such, assumed it's just a longer start up sequence that provides benefits elsewhere.
    I use mine mostly for podcasts and audiobooks so never have a large database, perhaps that could be an issue.

Not much help I know:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I do have over 1000 songs on my player so the database is getting large but the device is designed to hold that many so it should not take so long. But that is one explanation as to why it takes so long, a huge database. I always thought that it was some sort of maintenance cycle that checks the database to see if there are any errors or even a hard disk check of some sort. If that is the reason then they should mention that in the manual somewhere.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next firmware update and see.

Thanks for your input btw :) .
  • Options
    StereRoweStereRowe Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My iRiver H10 has not been the same since a firmware upgrade months ago. I've been patient hoping that they would fix it over that time, but no joy.

So the problem is that when I power-on it starts as normal and then, "Please wait. . . initialising" appears for around 5 minutes. That's far too long, so what's this little thing doing in that time ?

Does anyone know of a way to fix this ?

I've tried going to the iRiver site with their support section, but all they have is a bot called Alice who brings up answers that don't fix my problem. I can't return it now either, but other people have mentioned having the same problems as I so its not just my player either.

When it works, its a great peace of kit but I wish I had got an iPod instead.

Can anyone help me with the above questions ?

I would be very, very greatful to anyone who can offer suggestions.

Have you checked
    this site?

StereRowe