New phone for 3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
Forum Member
Recently joined 3, while im happy with the price of the contract the phone ive got (lg u300) is truly aweful. The battery when fully charged lasts about 16 hours in a normal day. Hate texting on it & just basically loathe the phone. Was the cheapest phone to have to lower the price of the contract, pay for what you get i suppose.
I have some old Orange Phones from when i was in contract with them, if i get them unlocked will my 3 sim card work in them? If not can anyone recommend a cheap site that sells 3 phones, only use phone for calls & texting so can just be a cheap phone really. Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    '3' use USIM cards which are different from regular SIM cards so no an unlocked Orange phone wouldn't work.

As for cheap sites selling '3' phones your only option really is eBay.
  • Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your old Orange phones are unlocked 3G Orange Phones, then they should work fine. Otherwise, PFC is correct, you wont be able to use them.

You have another option of buying a 3 handset on their Pay as you Go plan. ALL 3 handsets are now available and while their not the cheapest, there are some bargains.

I'm a big fan of the Nokia 6120 which is £99.99.

EDIT It appears to now be £109 online with a mandatory £10 top up. Still £99 in store, mind.