who wants to bet GTA V gets ported on to new hardware?

2»

Comments

• Barry_JohnsonBarry_Johnson Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Why do people put a "d" in "pigeon"? I can never work that one out but countless people do it

pid-gin.

that's how a lot of people say it.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    I play GTA for fun and escapism. GTAIV was far too "real" to be fun. All they really needed to do was update Liberty to the current gen, put in a fairly decent story and music and stick to the same formula as San Andreas. Job done.

Instead we got a far too real city which all looked the same shade of gray, a mish-mashed story which made little to no sense in places (I'd have popped Roman near the start, let alone someone as badass as Claude/Tommy/CJ), some seriously dodgy music on the soundtrack and an optional extra system which seriously failed. Girlfriends, friends, pidgeons, etc, were all just far too boring for far few reward. Collecting hidden packages doesn't reward you guns at your hideout in real life, but GTA isn't real life. If I kill 10/20 etc. pidgeons then the least I expect is a pistol spawn.

The DLC made it better, but it wasn't retroactive so in order to get to the better systems, you have to play through the main game.

Despite those faults, I enjoyed GTA 4 a lot and still play it occasionally even now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Why do people put a "d" in "pigeon"? I can never work that one out but countless people do it
    Pidgeon is an old spelling of pigeon. Also a surname (which comes from the old spelling of pigeon :p). I guess people use it because pronunciation wise it works, and looks vaguely correct, even if they're not aware that it's a very old spelling. Should really be avoided because it's considered so archaic. Like gaol instead of jail I guess, except that's actually still valid. Or connexion/reflexion instead of their more common forms.

Anyway, I think we'll at least see an 'Episodes from Los Santos' kind of thing on the new consoles, if they miss the PS4/new Xbox launch with GTA V itself.