New software available to download 1.00.08

124»

Comments

• BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigbri wrote:
    The list of improvments is a bit cryptic.

I still don't know what 4 refers to - does anyone else?

Page 1 of this thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Hi all been a while since I posted. My humax is going great, not had any problems for ages, touch wood. I'd just like to thank Humax for their effort in producing such a great machine and for there support. I would also like to thanks marcdavis for providing the community with great information. Im looking forward to getting the EPG stored that's the only gripe for me at the moment.

Andy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all been a while since I posted. My humax is going great, not had any problems for ages, touch wood. I'd just like to thank Humax for their effort in producing such a great machine and for there support. I would also like to thanks marcdavis for providing the community with great information. Im looking forward to getting the EPG stored that's the only gripe for me at the moment.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Barry probably does more behind the scenes for us than anyone I know though! Its quite a good machine and I am fairly certain from where I'm sitting it will take another step forward with every update. Like you I am hoping that the next update will see the EPG saved in standby, along with whatever bug fixes they need to issue. Everyone will have their own 'next thing' they would like to see change/improve but humax have a small number of them in scope for this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Barry wrote:
    Page 1 of this thread.

Thanks Barry for pointing out the answer to my question was on page 1 of the thread. I missed it because I thought the description was describing item 5.

Aren't items 4 and 5 the same then? Both are fixes for the TIR bug?
    4. Improved schedule function when not using Auto-padding
    5. Resolve problems when PVR thinks that a tuner is being used for recording (PiP functions not working) - requiring a reboot

Or did Humax think this was so important that it was worth stating twice?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having trouble installing the new firmware?

I've successfully installed all the previous updates without a hitch but I'm now getting a "serial process time out" error. This happens in Formula for NEO at the point I switch the Humax on to complete the connection between my laptop and the Hummy.

Current versions: a4.09 and 1.00.06.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    sdc395 wrote:
    Anyone else having trouble installing the new firmware?

I've successfully installed all the previous updates without a hitch but I'm now getting a "serial process time out" error. This happens in Formula for NEO at the point I switch the Humax on to complete the connection between my laptop and the Hummy.

Current versions: a4.09 and 1.00.06.

This was happening to me, what I did was as soon as the message "waiting for connection to HUMAX" (or something like that is displayed) immediately switch on the Hummy, 5 secs delay seems to allow the process to time out. Give it a go!

Woolfynorm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Update installed successfully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I update the Loader and Firmware software by cable, does the procedure lose any user data (ie. preference settings, scheduled recordings, programs already recorded on the HD but not viewed etc )

Thanks
    Nigel
  • pgnlpgnl Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    nrms wrote:
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I update the Loader and Firmware software by cable, does the procedure lose any user data (ie. preference settings, scheduled recordings, programs already recorded on the HD but not viewed etc )

Thanks
    Nigel

I updated to 08 the other day and updated the loader a couple of weeks ago. Lost nothing at all...

Patrick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    pgnl wrote:
    I updated to 08 the other day and updated the loader a couple of weeks ago. Lost nothing at all...

Patrick

Can also confirm no loss to user data (ie. preference settings, scheduled recordings, programs already recorded on the HD but not viewed etc )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    gmack2000 wrote:
    Anybody notice that the SOURCE button doesn't work anymore?
    With the 1.08 upgrade my "source" button seems to have stopped working as it used to in 1.06.

My setup is :-

VCR -> SKY -> TV-AV1
    DVD -> Hummy -> TV-AV2

With the DVD and VCR powered off, SKY and Hummy powered on, the "source" button used to toggle between Hummy and SKY. Most of the time this happened on the 2nd press of the source button.

Now in 1.08 I can press the source button as many times as I like, it doesn't switch to SKY.

If the DVD is switched on the "source" button switches between the DVD and Hummy on each press.

I can't get it to switch to SKY at all using the Hummy remote, which means I have to keep the TV remote handy to switch between SKY and Hummy on the TV.

Has anyone else got a similar setup and seen anything like this?

PS: Is it possible to downgrade back to 1.06?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    parksie wrote:
    Now in 1.08 I can press the source button as many times as I like, it doesn't switch to SKY.

In this mode, the Humax has no pin-8 signal on its input so the input button used to toggle the Humax pin-8 output. I guess this is no longer happening.
    If the DVD is switched on the "source" button switches between the DVD and Hummy on each press.

This is the mode I mainly use. I'm glad it still works. But the former mode really shouldn't have been broken!

Ian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Yes I noticed on Saturday that the source button had stopped working – I had accidentally pressed the tv remote and usually press the source button on the Humax to get it back but alas it works no more :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Thanks to gadgetmind and okioki below (above)...

I remember now what I didn't say in my post, but which is really the most important and annoying thing about this change in behaviour.

Before 1.08 if I wanted to watch something on the hummy, all I had to do was grab the Hummy remote.

Now, if the TV is in SKY mode, I need to grab the TV remote too so I can switch AV channels.

I wonder if, in 1.0.6, the source button went through 3 states rather than the 2 it seems to do now.

1 = Pin 8 high Signal from Hummy itself
    2 = Pin 8 high Signal from Hummy AV pass thru
    3 = Pin 8 Low.

That way by pressing the source button 3 times we'd toggle pin 8 through a low->hi transition and trigger the TV to switch inputs.

In state 3 the SKY signal on AV1 would have gained TV focus maybe?

I guess the pin 8 changes may be due to the "screen blanking" fix.

Whatever it was, I'd love to see the old behavour restored.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I have just installed the latest update and have got the same problem with the source button.

I am now in two minds about whether to downgrade to the previous level as I used the source button to view the humax, but i had been getting a few occurences of the TISR bug :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    parksie wrote:
    I wonder if, in 1.0.6, the source button went through 3 states rather than the 2 it seems to do now.

I'm pretty sure it's two states, but which two depends on whether there is an input signal on its SCART.

Note there is NO WAY to select the SCART input if the device there isn't generating a signal at pin-8, at least with 1.00.06 It might be worth trying a composite signal on the SCART in with 1.00.08 to see if this is what they have changed?

Ian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Barry wrote:
    Serial only.....good FAQ HERE

I get an error clicking on this link...

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'hummy_inv@localhost' (Using password: YES) (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

Any ideas s.v.p?!?
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    halian wrote:
    I get an error clicking on this link...

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'hummy_inv@localhost' (Using password: YES) (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

Any ideas s.v.p?!?

The site has been down all Day.

Try again tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barry wrote:
    The site has been down all Day.

Try again tomorrow.

Still down......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Still down......

You can also get the latest sw here - have to register first

http://www.humaxdigital.com/HCSA/Download/Products/PVR-9200T.asp

Download links are right at the bottom of the page. Note typo - contents column says 1.00.06 but it is 1.00.08

I've used both these files to update my loader and sw via the serial link and the WDN4OAK updater and they worked correctly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Hummy.org is back up.