Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Just seen some god awful daily star advert

why do they have to shout at us?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »

To get the attention of the peabrained thickos who buy the Star.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »

Research has shown that what brain matter Daily Star 'lookers at' have, is very, very dense and consequently needs the application of much more force to penetrate and lodge within. Fortunately, scientists have discovered that what limited capacity exists is easily filled with some easy to understand words about football, low-end television shows and big pictures of simillary dense people who like to be photgraphed.
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bullman wrote: »
    Totally agree and nevre liked that little brat of a girl in the
    Haribo adverts:mad:

Ditto.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoveFilm.

There I was watching 10 O'Clock Live in company when an ad popped up with a near subliminal enthusiastic sex scene. I'm all in favour of sex scenes if I'm in the right company or it's expected but would like some say in the matter. There's right company and wrong company. Does this mean shagging scenes can pop up randomly in any show after 10?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Can't remember the product (a dot com advert I think) but where did they get that huge white bouncy castle from? I want one. :D
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most annoying ad at the moment (in Scotland) is the Aldi campaign to make us Scots think Aldi is in someway more Scottish than the other supermarkets. The advert is hammy in every way but the worst part is Aldi's new slogan "Gie it Aldi" in a broad Scottish accent. Utter Crap and just the worst kind of sterotypical rubbish that cheap advertisers come up with.
    I only hope this ad is only show in Scotland.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There a more than a few of adverts that I can't stand.
    I don't like any of the Aldi ones, the one were the man wore the rubber gloves was quite bizarre and fetish.

The Harveys adverts between Coronation street are awful especially those silly women and the one who throws food over her shoulder.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most annoying ad at the moment (in Scotland) is the Aldi campaign to make us Scots think Aldi is in someway more Scottish than the other supermarkets. The advert is hammy in every way but the worst part is Aldi's new slogan "Gie it Aldi" in a broad Scottish accent. Utter Crap and just the worst kind of sterotypical rubbish that cheap advertisers come up with.
    I only hope this ad is only show in Scotland.

I seen that yesterday for the first time. Its an appalling advert!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Oreo biscuits are very popular in America. But I don't like the way they are advertised showing that the biscuit tastes better if it is picked apart and the inside cream licked first before eating the rest of the biscuit. Yuk.
    Contrary to some previous posts above I actually like most of the Aldi adverts. They are short, simple and to the point. I especially like the woman who likes gin. :D

Health and hygiene adverts annoy me because they nearly feature women. It's time male viewers felt equally embarrased.
    Male models and actors are never targeted for advertising infections in male private areas and even some condom adverts suggest the women should buy and carry condoms around in their bags.
    There are products out there for male pant liners and creams for their sore bits too, but we don't see them graphically advertised on TV. (not that I would want to :o)
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has nobody mentioned the..."Blood in your poo, or loose when you do go, then tell your doctor" I know it makes a point, but everytime it's on I always see a poo covered in jam it's horrid!
  • Options
    Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    The bowel cancer "blood in your poo" advert is disgusting. Surely the powers that be can raise awareness of this illness without being so overly graphic? Ridiculous!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dove soap ad although I've only seen it once. There's a group of women standing in front of full length mirrors and are told to 'wash' the mirrors with soap. Only one of them has Dove. Then they rinse them and are horrified that apart from Dove, all of the mirrors are smeared. Apparently, it's to prove that Dove rinses completely. Why they didn't wash their faces instead is beyond me!

I think I've mentioned the product way too much. Sorry. :o
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bowel cancer "blood in your poo" advert is disgusting. Surely the powers that be can raise awareness of this illness without being so overly graphic? Ridiculous!!!
    Imagine the Injury Lawyers 4 U approch!!

HAVE YOU SHIT BLOOD RECENTLY!!!
    Then those evil looking lawyers marching ominously towards the camera ...

Doesn't bear thinking about
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    Re:Blood in your poo.How long before they start doing ads for other ailments??

"Piles up your arse?".....!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has nobody mentioned the..."Blood in your poo, or loose when you do go, then tell your doctor" I know it makes a point, but everytime it's on I always see a poo covered in jam it's horrid!

I see you are fairly new but if you look through the pages you will find loads of people moaning about this advert, for some unknown reason it is only shown at meal times. Sorry you are not new but haven't posted a lot.

Goodness me an advert for Olly Murs has just popped up encouraging children to buy his album for their mother's Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairness wrote: »
    LoveFilm.

There I was watching 10 O'Clock Live in company when an ad popped up with a near subliminal enthusiastic sex scene. I'm all in favour of sex scenes if I'm in the right company or it's expected but would like some say in the matter. There's right company and wrong company. Does this mean shagging scenes can pop up randomly in any show after 10?
    Out of interest, do you complain if a fight suddenly appears in a programme without warning?
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tbf - I think it's because so many of us find it deeply embarrassing to discuss our poo in front of a doctor. Eg which words to use? Stool? (makes one think Ikea) etc.... They're probably, rather clumsily and annoyingly, just trying to take some of the embarrassment away for people!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I see you are fairly new but if you look through the pages you will find loads of people moaning about this advert, for some unknown reason it is only shown at meal times.
    It almost put me off my chocolate fudge cake with raspberry syrup topping dessert the other day. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    Tbf - I think it's because so many of us find it deeply embarrassing to discuss our poo in front of a doctor. Eg which words to use? Stool? (makes one think Ikea) etc.... They're probably, rather clumsily and annoyingly, just trying to take some of the embarrassment away for people!:D
    What's wrong with stool, or faeces? Who, over the age of 5, says poo?

These people may have cancer, I would have thought that would focus the mind a bit, and they deserve not to be spoken to in this insulting way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, hangs head in shame, I am watching Jeremy Kyle, and it is now sponsored by cheeky bingo, boy is that woman annoying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Weight Watchers Online are acting like EVERYONE has an iPhone. So they can **** off...
  • Options
    Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    OK, hangs head in shame, I am watching Jeremy Kyle, and it is now sponsored by cheeky bingo, boy is that woman annoying

Lol I'll hang my head in shame with you as I'm watching it too :p

They are weird adverts, but a change from 'ello, are you a foxy lady.' :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I prefer the foxy bingo ones. At least there aren't any ugly, gurning women there. Which could be another topic on its own - why are adverts so full of really unattractive women who think they are in the gurning olympics? It's the one time I wish we were more like American television where everyone is too glamerous to be believed.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    The Lynx hair gel ad is surely doomed once the ASA sees it.
This discussion has been closed.