Corrie 17/6/11: All Together Now

191011121315»

Comments

• KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    And before Leanne married Peter had she gone back to her maiden name of Battersby after briefly being called Platt ater marrying Nick years ago? It's just that I don't know whether Stella would recognise the name Leanne Platt in the newspaper? So I'm taking it she went back to Battersby? I can't remember!

Nick was Nick Tilsley when they married, so Leanne was Leanne Tilsley.

When they divorced Leanne returned to Leanne Battersby.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh of course I forgot about that, Ivy made him change his name back to inherit her money didn't she? It's weird, I just think of the characters by their first names and don't give the surnames much thought :o

Thanks for clearing that up :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh of course I forgot about that, Ivy made him change his name back to inherit her money didn't she? It's weird, I just think of the characters by their first names and don't give the surnames much thought :o

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Good old Ivy, love her :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, I cannot get over how gooooorgeous Gary is :(

My kecks slide off every time he appears

*hurriedly adjusts belt*

Hahahaha he is very sexy, agreed!!
  • IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I'm glad they explained how she found out where the Barlow's were. Just a couple of things though
    How long is it since Leanne is last supposed to have seen her mum? They've been on the street for a long time now and we've never seen sight nor sound of her, Janice has always been her 'mum'. So would they recognise each other?

And before Leanne married Peter had she gone back to her maiden name of Battersby after briefly being called Platt after marrying Nick years ago? It's just that I don't know whether Stella would recognise the name Leanne Platt in the newspaper? So I'm taking it she went back to Battersby? I can't remember!

Aye, Leanne definitely went back to the name Battersby and then made a big point of changing it to Barlow when she married Peter - used the change of name to draw a line under her affair with Nick.
    So the newspaper reports would have said something along the lines of 'local bookkeeper Peter Barlow was critically injured on his stag night and married fiancee Leanne Battersby from his hospital bed before undergoing life saving surgery' - hence Stella recognising Leanne's name and coming here to find her.

Back when the Battersbys first arrived, I don't think Leanne's mother was ever so much as mentioned more than once or twice, and I can't remember now what was said. I've always got the impression, though, that Leanne hasn't seen her mother since she was very small and so wouldn't recognise her now - it has always seemed as if Janice was the only mother figure she's ever known. And I don't know if we were ever told the reason why Leanne lived with her dad instead of her mum. :confused:

I'm really interested to see how the story unfolds. We know now how Stella knew to come looking for Leanne, and have seen the first expression of her interest, very carefully phrased to come across as casual chat. But it's six months now since she'd have seen that newspaper report and she's not come looking before, so she clearly has reservations - could well be a bit scared, unsure how she'll be received. Maybe she's been dithering for months over whether to come forward or not, but then when she saw Steve's advert it gave her the push she needed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahaha he is very sexy, agreed!!

Izzy is very attractive too. She has a lovely face.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably just me while I'm catching up, but has there been a surge of very close-up one-to-one scenes recently...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long is it since Leanne is last supposed to have seen her mum? They've been on the street for a long time now and we've never seen sight nor sound of her, Janice has always been her 'mum'. So would they recognise each other?
    I'm not sure exactly and I don't think it's ever been stated exactly when Stella abandoned Leanne (yet) but I gather it was when she was very young as I'm sure there have been mentions over the years that Janice has been in Leanne's life since she was 2, unless I totally imagined that! I remember that Leanne and Toyah were only a year apart, Janice had Toyah very young and met Les while she was still a teenager so that would fit.

Leanne definitely won't recognise Stella. I'm guessing Stella won't immediately recognise Leanne either but she's making a massion of finding out who she is. Judging by the spoilers they are due to meet next week, although Leanne won't find out who she actually is for another couple of weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeg wrote: »
    Aye, Leanne definitely went back to the name Battersby and then made a big point of changing it to Barlow when she married Peter - used the change of name to draw a line under her affair with Nick.
    So the newspaper reports would have said something along the lines of 'local bookkeeper Peter Barlow was critically injured on his stag night and married fiancee Leanne Battersby from his hospital bed before undergoing life saving surgery' - hence Stella recognising Leanne's name and coming here to find her.

Back when the Battersbys first arrived, I don't think Leanne's mother was ever so much as mentioned more than once or twice, and I can't remember now what was said. I've always got the impression, though, that Leanne hasn't seen her mother since she was very small and so wouldn't recognise her now - it has always seemed as if Janice was the only mother figure she's ever known. And I don't know if we were ever told the reason why Leanne lived with her dad instead of her mum. :confused:

I'm really interested to see how the story unfolds. We know now how Stella knew to come looking for Leanne, and have seen the first expression of her interest, very carefully phrased to come across as casual chat. But it's six months now since she'd have seen that newspaper report and she's not come looking before, so she clearly has reservations - could well be a bit scared, unsure how she'll be received. Maybe she's been dithering for months over whether to come forward or not, but then when she saw Steve's advert it gave her the push she needed.
    The thing with Les and Stella is fine with me now - I took one look at Karl and realised that, somewhere down the line, he's from the same stock as Les. In my eyes, the promos showed Stella, Karl and Eva to be 'posh' or at least that they were a cut above. Not true at all. They're Coronation Street through and through (even though Eva might think otherwise!)

So, all I've got left to say is that I can't wait for the Leanne and Stella stuff!!

I was wrong to think it impossible for Stella to have been involved with Les.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a thought about Stella:-
    She's moved to Weatherfield to find Leanne after discovering that's where she is. But surely she has no idea where Les is? For all she knows he is still living locally to his daughter. So as much as she's expecting to bump into Leanne anytime soon, she must surely also be wary of Les popping up and spoiling it all for her? Maybe Corrie bosses haven't thought of that, as far as they're concerned Les doesn't exist anymore!
  • IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing with Les and Stella is fine with me now - I took one look at Karl and realised that, somewhere down the line, he's from the same stock as Les. In my eyes, the promos showed Stella, Karl and Eva to be 'posh' or at least that they were a cut above. Not true at all. They're Coronation Street through and through (even though Eva might think otherwise!)

So, all I've got left to say is that I can't wait for the Leanne and Stella stuff!!

I was wrong to think it impossible for Stella to have been involved with Les.
    I'm glad you feel better about it now. :) That's the trouble with promos - they can be so misleading! It's usually best to wait and judge what appears on-screen - yet can be so hard to do, when the promos are right there and are all you have to go on. :)
    whu13 wrote: »
    Just had a thought about Stella:-
    She's moved to Weatherfield to find Leanne after discovering that's where she is. But surely she has no idea where Les is? For all she knows he is still living locally to his daughter. So as much as she's expecting to bump into Leanne anytime soon, she must surely also be wary of Les popping up and spoiling it all for her? Maybe Corrie bosses haven't thought of that, as far as they're concerned Les doesn't exist anymore!
    Good point.
  • Jon WalkerJon Walker Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Have to agree with everyone. What shit accents
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just had an idea, Mary is supposed to be 36 so she can have children. Maybe Norris gets drunk and goes to bed iwth her, and she finally falls pregnant.

36???:confused: surely you can add 20 years to that.
    Cindy Beale [whatsername] is 50 in real life and looks 20 years younger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    36???:confused: surely you can add 20 years to that.
    Cindy Beale [whatsername] is 50 in real life and looks 20 years younger.

Hard to believe I know, but it's true! (well I'm not sure on 36 exactly but she's definitely only late 30s. They've deliberately made her look frumpy and old-fashioned to fit with the character. She looks a lot better in real life.

Michelle Collins does look good for her age, I'll give you that, but no way could she pass for 30! She's way too lined. Mid 40s maybe, never 30!
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    I think the Scottish guy's accent is very good (being a Northerner myself) - was expecting him to have the Taggart accent and think he's having a good stab at sounding like he's from somewhere vaguely in the region of Manchester.

Yes, that's right - another post re accents :D

WHAT:eek::confused:

I thought Michelle Colins' accent was bad but this guy was hilarious! It veered from Oasis manc at the start, to a hint of scottish when he cleary had forgotten how to do it, and by the end of the episode it was all over the place ranging from yorkshire to cockney!
  • JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I think it's good! :)
    It is common knowledge us Scot's are great at accents actually ;)
  • JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think for a bit John Michie was trying to do a Brian Clough impression :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Xassy wrote: »
    This fake accent is really grinding my gears!

Lesley Sharpe would have been a better choice for Stella if she hadn't got a new series of her own
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't enjoy last nites eps. it seems 2 be on a downward spiral since de BGT wk. Lookin up next wk wit the robbery nd the harold reveal. sylvia thinks she is going through the menopause of course tracy informs her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to getting to know Stella a bit more as well.
    Her being Leanne's mother is an interesting idea and looks good on paper until you realise that means she and Les Battersby actually had sex! :eek::eek::eek:

That really does take some suspension of disbelief! :D

Cheers RK - unlike all the other posters on this thread you didn't put this in a spoiler box! I've been actively avoiding this storyline and there it pops up as bold as brass on page 1... Grr!! :mad:

Moaning aside I enjoy your posts and usually agree with your Corrie comments:)