The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    It was lovely to meet up with everyone. Just right to get into the Christmas spirit.......

I loved all the decorations and seeing everyone getting ready, and the lunch was lovely as well :-D

so we may have some news from John Yay!!
    t

I agree with you Augusta
    it was a lovely day xx

and Lindy....... thank you so much for the choc's
    what a tasty treat,

and so good.... i didn't open them at the table
    i would of had to share them........ lol.......
    going to munch away...... watching the footie tonight :D
    lovely to see you again xx

and Nyannie..... hope you made it home safe......
    sending wishes xx
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Made it home - almost. Had to leave the train and get a cab home. Going to bed in two minutes.

Thank you all for coming. Had a great time and hope you all got home safe.

A summer meet would be lovely but I insist on air conditioning.

Thank you for the lovely surprise georgy, totally unnecessary.

Off to bed

See you tomorrow. Glad you all enjoyed it.
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Hi all :)

Thanks for a lovely lunch, and Georgy for the bell! It is sitting very comfortably on my hall table, and will get me started on Christmas decorations.....xx

It was great to meet up again. There is never long enough, is there? I agree, a summer meet would be good :)

And my day has been completed by Liverpool winning in fine style! :D

Thanks again all and sleep tight

Lindy xx
    Forum Member
    Been to see GP

Have to go again in a week if I'm not better. Thank goodness no pills or anything.

Feeling virtuous so I have just cleaned the cooker. Need to do some ironing and vacuuming (hate that job).

Anyway, going to tennis at the Albert Hall tomorrow.

See you later.
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    oh Nyannie I am glad you are feeling a bit better.

I am sitting here in front of the fire, busily planning for work and for Christmas .

It was so nice to get out of the usual run of the mill kind of thing and do something interesting and fun. It has set me up for Christmas and I loved the restaurant. .
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Made it home - almost. Had to leave the train and get a cab home. Going to bed in two minutes.

Thank you all for coming. Had a great time and hope you all got home safe.

A summer meet would be lovely but I insist on air conditioning.

Thank you for the lovely surprise georgy, totally unnecessary.

Off to bed

See you tomorrow. Glad you all enjoyed it.

my pleasure
    hope you enjoyed them :D
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Hi all :)

Thanks for a lovely lunch, and Georgy for the bell! It is sitting very comfortably on my hall table, and will get me started on Christmas decorations.....xx

It was great to meet up again. There is never long enough, is there? I agree, a summer meet would be good :)

And my day has been completed by Liverpool winning in fine style! :D

Thanks again all and sleep tight

Lindy xx

just make sure...... it never gets into the hands of a sick person
    don,t want you having to run upstair
    answering the ring :D

what a win...... dare i say it ....... thats two in a row :D
    Forum Member
    Been to see GP

Have to go again in a week if I'm not better. Thank goodness no pills or anything.

Feeling virtuous so I have just cleaned the cooker. Need to do some ironing and vacuuming (hate that job).

Anyway, going to tennis at the Albert Hall tomorrow.

See you later.

Thats good news :D

but you need to learn to rest ..... cleaning the oven..... tut tut tut

enjoy the tennis :D x
    Forum Member
    oh Nyannie I am glad you are feeling a bit better.

I am sitting here in front of the fire, busily planning for work and for Christmas .

It was so nice to get out of the usual run of the mill kind of thing and do something interesting and fun. It has set me up for Christmas and I loved the restaurant. .

sounds nice

i'm making lists and i put my tree up yesterday

the restaurant was lovely

what are your christmas plans for work :D
    Forum Member
    im working up to the 19th and can then start to really get into the xmas spirit. we decorate after my OHs birthday, on the 14th. There are some houses near us that are completely covered in lights. it looks pretty, but feels very early.

I am about half way through present buying, but need to sti down and start wrapping. maybe I should work out a colour scheme in advance. And of course sort out cards and phone calls to everyone....!!

I have Geordie shores on in the background, what an odd show this is!!! its one of my daughters favourites...........
    Forum Member
    im working up to the 19th and can then start to really get into the xmas spirit. we decorate after my OHs birthday, on the 14th. There are some houses near us that are completely covered in lights. it looks pretty, but feels very early.

I am about half way through present buying, but need to sti down and start wrapping. maybe I should work out a colour scheme in advance. And of course sort out cards and phone calls to everyone....!!

I have Geordie shores on in the background, what an odd show this is!!! its one of my daughters favourites...........

Afternoon all

Managed to make it almost through double sessions of the tennis. Fabulous and we have booked for next year - same seats!!!

Was supposed to stay with my friend but wanted to get home so I skipped the final singles and went home. Felt much better this morning.

Cannot get over how many lights and houses are decorated around here. The next village holds its Christmas fair tonight but we will be having a curry and watching the tenn - Johnny Mac and Henri Leconte. We saw JMcE and Pat Cash and Thomas Enqvist and Fernando Gonzales and really good doubles. Lovely time ,. Was so glad I lasted all day.

This weekend lots of cooking - need to make some things for the party.

Have a good weekend all.
    Forum Member
    I love looking at all the decorated houses, it brightens up the dark winter evenings...but it does feel slightly early!

has anyone else watched the programme about Libertys of London, the shop that sells fabric? Its fascinating, the episode I watched last night was about getting the shop ready for Christmas in September. its a hilarious fly on the wall reality/documentary show about everyone who works at libertys, and how they work out promotions etc.

school disco last night, I used to love going to these as a kid, and although they are exhausting to supervise, im glad the kids had fun...

what are you all up to this weekend? Anything exciting? we might go and see the imitiation game.
    Forum Member
    I love looking at all the decorated houses, it brightens up the dark winter evenings...but it does feel slightly early!

has anyone else watched the programme about Libertys of London, the shop that sells fabric? Its fascinating, the episode I watched last night was about getting the shop ready for Christmas in September. its a hilarious fly on the wall reality/documentary show about everyone who works at libertys, and how they work out promotions etc.

school disco last night, I used to love going to these as a kid, and although they are exhausting to supervise, im glad the kids had fun...

what are you all up to this weekend? Anything exciting? we might go and see the imitiation game.

I watched the Liberty series too - really enjoyed it although I thought the guy in Carpets/Middle East section - was a real misery. Didn't want change. I loved the designer who worked in women's fashion. Don't think Liberty's could have done anything better for him.

I spent yesterday baking for our party. I've made cheese and walnut bites, mini-toads in the hole (80 of them), salmon, chive and cornmeal bites, ham, cheese and mustard muffins and made lots of lists.

Taking it really easy and will watch the tennis from the Albert Hall.

Going to the Winchester Christmas Market on Tuesday. Hope the weather is OK.

Have given up on Strictly! Cannot bear looking at Mark Wright anymore and fed up with the gimmicks.
    Forum Member
    it was a bit of a shock that Pixie left strictly ...I wasn't expecting this at all.

I saw an amazing programme on Art nuveaux on BBC4, and the portrait painter series is back as well.

we are almost finished with the Christmas present shopping, and almost sorted out about where we are going to be, which is useful. Although I did have a bit of a disaster today in a shop, I was wandering around and bumped into a stand with china cups on it......china cups all over the floor, how embarrassing!!!

now what shall I do for tea?
    Forum Member
    it was a bit of a shock that Pixie left strictly ...I wasn't expecting this at all.

I saw an amazing programme on Art nuveaux on BBC4, and the portrait painter series is back as well.

we are almost finished with the Christmas present shopping, and almost sorted out about where we are going to be, which is useful. Although I did have a bit of a disaster today in a shop, I was wandering around and bumped into a stand with china cups on it......china cups all over the floor, how embarrassing!!!

now what shall I do for tea?

I think i'm done Augusta, gone over my Xmas list........ and all ticked off :D

but i bet i have forgotten someone, and will have to pop out at the last minute,
    can't see why this year would be any different :D

oh dear about the cups....... a lot of the time its the shops fault, you can hardly move in some. I went to John Lewis, yesterday, with the crowds and the aisle's so tight, it must happen often....... so you're not the first to do it, i,m sure.......... or the last :D

It was a shock about pixie, but as Len puts it....... i can't moan because i don't vote :blush:
    but i'm allowed a grumble about it on here though :D

i'm also really cold........... i wonder if it will be a white xmas, i hear some have already had
    a dusting ........ i think its time to get the hot chocolate out..... not forgetting the cream and marshmallows :D

of to start supper....... keep well all :D xxxx
    Forum Member
    I watched the Liberty series too - really enjoyed it although I thought the guy in Carpets/Middle East section - was a real misery. Didn't want change. I loved the designer who worked in women's fashion. Don't think Liberty's could have done anything better for him.

I spent yesterday baking for our party. I've made cheese and walnut bites, mini-toads in the hole (80 of them), salmon, chive and cornmeal bites, ham, cheese and mustard muffins and made lots of lists.

Taking it really easy and will watch the tennis from the Albert Hall.

Going to the Winchester Christmas Market on Tuesday. Hope the weather is OK.

Have given up on Strictly! Cannot bear looking at Mark Wright anymore and fed up with the gimmicks.

Your Party food sounds wonderful...... even the walnuts that i love........ but am allergic to
    ..... they do make me itch :blush:

wrap up warm for the market tuesday...... its so cold out

and i,m with you Nyannie...... how the hell is Mark Wright still there....... >:(
    his smarmy face..... ruins the show for me
    and don,t get me started on the Pixie exit, mad thats me :D
    Forum Member
    Your Party food sounds wonderful...... even the walnuts that i love........ but am allergic to
    ..... they do make me itch :blush:

wrap up warm for the market tuesday...... its so cold out

and i,m with you Nyannie...... how the hell is Mark Wright still there....... >:(
    his smarmy face..... ruins the show for me
    and don,t get me started on the Pixie exit, mad thats me :D

I've given up on this year's Strictly - been awful marking, awful themes, awful music etc etc. AWFUL Mark Wright. . .

Kettle just died so having to boil water.

Off to Winchester shortly.

Back later.

Have a good day
    Forum Member
    Just got back from the Winchester Christmas Market.

Big disappointment - £20 for a small mug and very limited variety. Lunch was great as was shopping in Winchester.

Off for a cup of tea and a rest.
    Forum Member
    things are expensive for what they are aren't they!!

mugs are lovely but £20 is a lot of money. so are we all ready for the cold weather?

I need to get into the Christmas spirit a bit more.......
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i'm done Augusta, gone over my Xmas list........ and all ticked off :D

but i bet i have forgotten someone, and will have to pop out at the last minute,
    can't see why this year would be any different :D

oh dear about the cups....... a lot of the time its the shops fault, you can hardly move in some. I went to John Lewis, yesterday, with the crowds and the aisle's so tight, it must happen often....... so you're not the first to do it, i,m sure.......... or the last :D

It was a shock about pixie, but as Len puts it....... i can't moan because i don't vote :blush:
    but i'm allowed a grumble about it on here though :D

i'm also really cold........... i wonder if it will be a white xmas, i hear some have already had
    a dusting ........ i think its time to get the hot chocolate out..... not forgetting the cream and marshmallows :D

of to start supper....... keep well all :D xxxx

Did someone mention hot chocolate and marshmallows? :blush:
    Oh yummy, yummy. :D
    Best thing about this time of year lol.
    Forum Member
    Just got back from the Winchester Christmas Market.

Big disappointment - £20 for a small mug and very limited variety. Lunch was great as was shopping in Winchester.

Off for a cup of tea and a rest.

Thats a shame,
    and it was so cold out that day
    at least lunch was good

i,m taking out my boy tomorrow
    so he can pick out the gifts, he wants to send
    he has even sorted out, a little shopping list :D

then lunch i think :D
    Forum Member
    things are expensive for what they are aren't they!!

mugs are lovely but £20 is a lot of money. so are we all ready for the cold weather?

I need to get into the Christmas spirit a bit more.......

i could sing you jingle bells
    not in tune
    but........ nevertheless :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening everyone, hope you're all good.

You all sound as if you're prepared for Christmas......I only wish I could say the same. :(
    I only have myself to blame, every year I say I'm going to be ready ahead of time and every year I end up leaving things till the last minute.

Amazon arrived today, hurray!! So that's a large chunk done then.
    My o/h and I are braving town on Friday morning (oh deep, deep joy), I need cards (no still haven't written any :blush:) and I shall take the opportunity to pop into M&S to stock up on their lemonade and to see what their cakes are like this year.

It's also o/h birthday on the 16th so need to find a nice card. Is it only me that finds a nice picture only for the words to be awful (usually half a books worth). I like them few as possible without the sloppy nonsense. :D
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Did someone mention hot chocolate and marshmallows? :blush:
    Oh yummy, yummy. :D
    Best thing about this time of year lol.

me ...... me........ i did.......... me

my favourite....... lovely...... and a couple of those nice biscotti biscuit,
    with the cinnamon........ to go with it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up on this year's Strictly - been awful marking, awful themes, awful music etc etc. AWFUL Mark Wright. . .

Kettle just died so having to boil water.

Off to Winchester shortly.

Back later.

Have a good day

Words that strike fear into any Brit, on a par with "We've run out of teabags." :o

Oh dear nyannie, guess it's just as well it did it now than Christmas Eve. :(