Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Later with Jools Holland about 9 times
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done a few shows more than once..
    The Weakest Link primetime celeb specials, twice
    For The Rest Of Your Life (a Nicky Campbell show which was hyped to be the new Deal Or No Deal - it wasn't) 3 times
    Perfection (a new afternoon BBC Two Quiz Show not aired yet) twice
    Who Dares Wins (the quiz show rather than the 80's comedy show) twice (two recordings back to back)
    Golden Balls, twice (although at over 2 1/2 hours each - I wish by the end I hadn't)
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    I've had the odd invite, but never been interested enough to go any TV show.

I've only ever been to one show, it wasn't even TV, it was radio and it was many years ago when I was in my teens......

But it was "The Goon Show!"

Kudos! :cool:

Was it at the Paris Studios, Lower Regent St?

Same as you, I've only been to radio shows - I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue / Quote Unquote / Radio Active / Just A Minute / Son of Cliché (the one with the original sketch that became Red Dwarf!)
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD:UK
    Top of the Pops
    Des and Mel
    Paul O'Grady

All about 3 times.

Multiple others once.

But not been to any for a while now

xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see Supermarket Sweep being filmed (in my defence friends had applied for the show and were contestants!) and they film 4 shows in one day, but tend to move people about for the audience shots between each "show" Dale changed shirts as well to give the impression of a "new day" !! I have to say he was hilarious and kept the audience entertain between the changes etc

Wicked! Where was that made and just how big was the studio!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Late Show with David Letterman, Jan 2006 and June 2010. On holiday both times - basically turn up at the studios in the morning, give some details and they phone you back to say whether or not you've got in (which we did both times luckily). Show is taped as live over an hour with clock in studio running from 11.30pm. Dave does a little bit of stand-up at the start and the band play a few songs before as well.
  • chocofluffchocofluff Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Been to "You've been framed " about 4 times. Had a clip on there once.
    choco x;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Sort of cheating but I was in the audience for an episode each of the radio and TV version of Marcus Brigstocke's "I've Never Seen Star Wars"
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have not been in any studio audience at all. Is it any good?
  • mr williamsmr williams Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the audience for University Challenge more than 30 years ago and what surprised us was how bare the sets are. You imagine there are hundreds and hundreds of people in something like a theatre, but it was just some rows of benches in a warehouse and what looked like nothing more than plywood backdrops!

(and no, the two teams weren't sitting on top of each other!)

Mind you, when Bamber Gascoigne walked on everything was forgotten...such a shame he decided not to do the remake. Paxo's OK but for my generation there was only one Bamber.

AND BRING BACK THE PROPER THEME MUSIC!!!
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Moyles Quiz Night (first time I went to a recording)
    We Are Klang
    Totally Saturday (Graham Norton) [That was Live]
    The Graham Norton Show
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chocofluff wrote: »
    Been to "You've been framed " about 4 times.

I presume that was before Harry Hill took over presenting duties? That's some definite canned laughter!
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I have not been in any studio audience at all. Is it any good?

It's free live entertainment but there is an element of hit and miss. TV companies always issue more audience tickets than there are seats available because some people do not turn up. Therefore you have to be prepared to wait outside in the cold, heat, or rain for an hour or so. Even then you could be turned away and not see the show. You may get a priority ticket for the next show if this happens. A priority ticket more or less guarantees you admission.

A show lasting 60 mins on screen may take much longer than that to record, so be aware of this if you need to get home by a certain time.

Google 'tv audience tickets' to find the sites that issue tickets. Popular shows like X Factor, Strictly, QI, Have I Got News For You and Britain's Got Talent book up very quickly. The BBC web site has a section for BBC radio and TV show tickets nationwide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celebrity Squares. It was in the 70s and I went a few times. Penned in until we clapped and cheered loud enough! The trauma stays with me.....
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Question Time three times, although never had one of my questiobns selected to be answered.