Options

No satellite signal is being received - some channels only

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
We are getting this on certain channels only.

Looking at the engineering menu the received signal on both aerial inputs looks ok.

My guess is that it is possibly something around the LNB and polarisation ??? Hopefully someone can help by looking at the channel list as I think this holds the key to the problem.

The channels are (not an exhaustive list)

Comments

• Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mlines wrote: »
    We are getting this on certain channels only.

Looking at the engineering menu the received signal on both aerial inputs looks ok.

My guess is that it is possibly something around the LNB and polarisation ??? Hopefully someone can help by looking at the channel list as I think this holds the key to the problem.

The channels are (not an exhaustive list)

It would also be beneficial if you could post your make and model of box as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CTD101 wrote: »
    It would also be beneficial if you could post your make and model of box as well.

Its an Amstrad HD box - looks like DRX78UUX but my eyesight is not good in the dark behind the TV

Martin
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mlines wrote: »
    Its an Amstrad HD box - looks like DRX78UUX but my eyesight is not good in the dark behind the TV

Martin

As you posted earlier, could very well be a faulty lnb, one way of eliminating other causes it to connect another sky box to the same cables if you have one to hand or to try your box on a different system
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Do you have a BT cordless phone anywhere near your sky box.
    If so this could be causing interference on those channels. Remove the phone and see if they work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not a BT cordless phone....But I have recently had BT Infiniti Broadband installed next to the TV, sounds like a good place to start.

My previous WiFi Broadband was also in the same location without problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thats cured it!

Both my old WiFi and my BT Infiniti are b/g/n wireless but the BT one appears to affect SKy channels whilst the old one doesn't. This is not the BT unit with the phone handset support so its not a DECT based issue.

I have moved it from abot 2ft away to 3ft away and its all ok.

Martin