Elite singles

muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone used this dating website? Seen it advertised, for free, and yes it is, but you can't do anything with it unless you pay quite a bit up front. I'm loathed to part with money when it's a bit tight if the website isn't what it claims to be

Thanks

Comments

• CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I caught the end of their ad once over Christmas - what's their angle for who they want to appeal to? "Elite" is a bit vague ;) And a bit dated somehow! :)
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Free to join but you can't see any photos or interact with anyone on the site unless you pay a fee - and then you can't access everything unless you upgrade to premium membership?

I guess the price of membership is what is 'elite' about it. People joining the site must have a bit of disposable income.

There a quite a few negative reviews online, where people have tried the free service, been given several matches, paid the membership fee, then found the supposed matches don't exist. :(
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I will give it a miss. I haven't even filled in the criteria properly or added a photo. So why so many emails. Just seemed odd
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    Think I will give it a miss. I haven't even filled in the criteria properly or added a photo. So why so many emails. Just seemed odd
    It's a marketing ploy - they make out there are dozens of gorgeous men who all fit your criteria, just waiting to meet you. You then join and find yes, there are men waiting to meet you, but they're not gorgeous, and you have nothing in common.

My friend at work joined, she got matched with men in their 50's who were smokers, when she'd specified 35 - 45 max, and definitely non-smokers. There is a happy ending though, she met her current boyfriend on POF and 15 months later, they are moving in together.

I gave up on dating sites after I met my fella while out walking my dog last summer. He's lovely. And our dogs get on too :D
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I got my dog and walk her daily. Must try harder I guess 😃
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    Well I got my dog and walk her daily. Must try harder I guess 😃
    Try taking your dog somewhere different - a local nature reserve or a walk round country park. When I met my fella, he'd never been to that particular part of the county before. We got chatting and as we ambled up the river, and the pub came in sight, it seemed natural to stop for a pie and a pint. And by that time, I'd worked out he didn't smell bad, he wasn't morbidly obese, he was funny and clever - oh and he was single ;)

But as I said, my workmate met her bloke on POF, he was her 5th date and she was his 2nd. So dating sites can work, but don't get conned into paying a fee for nothing.