Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My single choices would be.

Spirit: Take A Bow
    Echo: Naked
    Glassheart: Glassheart
    CWL: Mr Right
  • Options
    QueenLeonaLewisQueenLeonaLewis Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrun wrote: »
    It's possible that the issue has been that they were finding it hard to pick a lead single, but perhaps that is the reason things have been help up and it's already been sorted, they've just had to hold it back a bit. I would be surprised if they still haven't chosen a lead.

Why this is worrying to me, is because Leona's biggest issues have been single choice (outside of Bleeding Love). Radio reps can't always be right, considering one thought Trouble was a really strong contender for a lead single. I guess that may have been regarding Trouble 1.0 though, maybe?

I feel as though the lead single should kind of jump out at a person instinctively based on the current market and what is strong. It doesn't have to be the strongest song on the album. I wonder if there are some songs that take more risks and they're wondering if those risks will translate into commercial success.

I don't know. I if all 5 or 6 songs are so great, you'd think they could narrow it down to 2, and then just pick whichever Leona loves performing more, because her enjoyment of it will be part of what the audience will react to. If a singer gets up on a stage and doesn't have their love and heart in the performance, it will show (coughing at you Lovebird).

I AGree strongly
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    saxman25o wrote: »
    They should pick a panel from this forum and let them vote on lead single :)
    maybe that would help :D

I agree with some kind of fan vote. I mean I think it could be really beneficial (cough Lovebird over Glassheart cough) but I get what's meant where if we hear like 6 choices it's half the album. Maybe if they narrowed it down to a top 3 or something?

I'm sure Katy Perry did that with Prism. She'd already released Roar, and I'm sure there was some kind of fan vote where there was a preview of two songs and the fans chose which one was the next promo single. They chose Dark Horse and it ended up becoming a US #1 single in the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    joaophs1 wrote: »
    If you had to choose a song that had not been single, which song you choose? :) (only one)!

Spirit: Whatever it Takes
    Echo: Can't Breathe (Echo's Bleeding Love, really)
    Glassheart: Fireflies
    GreekFan wrote: »
    OMH is just a cheap european club song for me. Never got why you all love it so much :blush: There's no way it would do well if released

Completely agree.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope the lead single has either a huge belt or a huge head voice in it. :blush:
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I just hope the lead single has either a huge belt or a huge head voice in it. :blush:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1g9f7NscN1rq6ehvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have exams all week at uni, so although I don't need distracting, it would be lovely to have a little something from leona just to keep my spirits up as I'm so down with exams :(
  • Options
    QueenLeonaLewisQueenLeonaLewis Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »

I hope she turns wild when performing :) hahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have exams all week at uni, so although I don't need distracting, it would be lovely to have a little something from leona just to keep my spirits up as I'm so down with exams :(

Best of luck :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh... I love My Hands so much... :')

I feel like they could have done a Final Fantasy version with slight lyrical changes to make it fit the themes in the game a bit more. Not changing verses, just tweaks to make it more appropriate. Had they done that, I feel it would have been more appreciated by those that played the game and they may have even bought the single if it was released as one.

For us non-make-up wearing fans (whether male or female), I always change the lyrics in the first verse from "I put on my make-up, talking to the mirror" to "I'm building myself up, talking to the mirror" when I sing along. I wonder if anyone else appropriates lyrics like I do sometimes...
  • Options
    Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best of luck :)

Thankyou!! :)
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My final week of teaching starts tomorrow and then I'm back to college so I really hope this is the week we get something! !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I completely agree, Naked was a smash imo. I love it.

Was really disappointed it wasn't on Labyrinth. Would have preferred it to that half of I See You.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was really disappointed it wasn't on Labyrinth. Would have preferred it to that half of I See You.

I never got the point of that... They left out the best part :(
  • Options
    Forum Member

I see you was meant for the Labyrinth Tour. My hands should have been there as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I never got the point of that... They left out the best part :(

I see you is a really difficult song and she wanted to save her strength for that mind blowing cant breathe note :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I See You did fit in really well, but full song or none please ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    My single choices would be.

Spirit: Take A Bow
    Echo: Naked
    Glassheart: Glassheart
    CWL: Mr Right

Naked was my prediction!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was just listening to this alternate version of Naked, I hadn't heard it before. I thought there was an other one, more rock/guitar?

I love the "aahaah" at 1:35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJY4Biw-_I
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna's back.

http://www.stereogum.com/1731414/rihanna-kanye-west-paul-mccartney-fourfive-seconds/mp3s/

Leona get a move on, before the market gets overcrowded. I really wanted her to release when there was no other major releases happening, you know, be the first out of the gate sort of thing.

I love this song so much, it's different for Rihanna so I think that's why people think it's dull, but it's super catchy, easy to sing along too and she's changing it up. Her album should be interesting!
    They said soon, so hopefully starting next week.

There are too many single choices and too many opinions, however they're all strong apparently. So I do think that's a good thing, they just need to get some balls and pick one.

I understand the lead single is important and they can still release the others as 2nd or 3rd but I can't imagina them sitting at their desk playing Leona's songs and discussing it all day long for 4 weeks in a row now...

Thank you Soe and Alfonso for the info! No matter what people say, you always come through with info so ignore anyone who says otherwise. I think this is a good situation to be in, because I feel like if they think all songs are strong, then they can't really go wrong. I'm excited to see the outcome :D
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    I'm glad we had a meltdown tonight. We usually get something after we're frustrated 😊
  • Options
    BenFriendBenFriend Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Was just listening to this alternate version of Naked, I hadn't heard it before. I thought there was an other one, more rock/guitar?

I love the "aahaah" at 1:35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJY4Biw-_I

Try the 'Rock Mix' version
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    I'm glad we had a meltdown tonight. We usually get something after we're frustrated 😊

Shhh don't jinx it.

My Leona senses are tingling. :cool:
  • Options
    siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL 4 new pages of bitching....

I thought there was an announcement or something :'(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BenFriend wrote: »
    Try the 'Rock Mix' version

I've heard this version before... but I never noticed how much I love her tonality when she sings "rains" in the second verse, it's probably not too different to the released version, but it comes across a lot sharper in the Rock Mix.

I fell in love with Naked the first time I heard it. I always wondered why it wasn't on every version of Echo.
This discussion has been closed.