Options

Subscribe to eveything to watch £D?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
Forum Member
✭✭
Given that there are a few things on over Crimble in 3D worth watching, I thought I'd see how to get $ky's 3D channel. I was pretty amazed to find you have to subscribe to every frigging mix PLUS sports PLUS movies just to watch one 3D channel.

That's called taking the facking piss. I'd love to watch 3D, and would gladly pay a fee to do so, like the HD fee, but making you take out a subscription to everything is just a cynical, moneygrabbing exercise. So f*ck you, $ky, f*ck you.

Comments

• Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    face-off wrote: »
    Given that there are a few things on over Crimble in 3D worth watching, I thought I'd see how to get $ky's 3D channel. I was pretty amazed to find you have to subscribe to every frigging mix PLUS sports PLUS movies just to watch one 3D channel.

That's called taking the facking piss. I'd love to watch 3D, and would gladly pay a fee to do so, like the HD fee, but making you take out a subscription to everything is just a cynical, moneygrabbing exercise. So f*ck you, $ky, f*ck you.

So go and take your money to another tv service that will give you 3d tv over christmas for less money and better terms.
  • Options
    webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's because they show recent films and live sport on the 3d channel. It would be unfair to the film or sports subscribers if their content was available cheaper on a 3d channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CTD101 wrote: »
    So go and take your money to another tv service that will give you 3d tv over christmas for less money and better terms.

That's rather the point. They have a captive audience and can bleed them as far as they can.
    webbie wrote: »
    That's because they show recent films and live sport on the 3d channel. It would be unfair to the film or sports subscribers if their content was available cheaper on a 3d channel.

That argument might hold water if they showed ALL content from ALL the channels but since they only show selected content from a few channels, it doesn't.
  • Options
    notachancenotachance Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    That's rather the point. They have a captive audience and can bleed them as far as they can.

That argument might hold water if they showed ALL content from ALL the channels but since they only show selected content from a few channels, it doesn't.

Primarily they show movies and sport on the 3D channel. Therefore, it stands to reason that you need to have the movies and sports channels to be able to watch the 3D version.

OK, so if you have just 1 mix and movies and sport then you can't get 3D but to add the additional 5 mixes will cost you a fiver.

There's your fee - £5.

As to your captive audience comment - the only reason Sky have this so called captive audience is because they invest and innovate. You have a choice whether or not to subscribe. No one is twisting your arm up your back fella.
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But not all content is filmed in 3d so that would be useless. Show me the cost then of watching any 3d film? Anywhere between £5-£10? Where can you watch 3d documentaries? Perfectly reasonable to give it free to those with the full package
  • Options
    ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Out of interest, do you actually have a 3d TV?
  • Options
    HDCriticalFanHDCriticalFan Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leaving aside the barely disguised swearing ...

It's Christmas, mate .... Christmas :eek:
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit i have sky world and have had that for a long time.If i had brought at 3D tv instead of a HD tv i would have loved the fact that it would come with the package so sky are doing the right thing really if you want the 3D sign up to sky world simples:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit i have sky world and have had that for a long time.If i had brought at 3D tv instead of a HD tv i would have loved the fact that it would come with the package so sky are doing the right thing really if you want the 3D sign up to sky world simples:D

Does Sky World include 3D?
    How much will that be in total, including 3D? :)
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanscober wrote: »

3D is available without extra charge to Sky World subscribers with a 3D TV but must be activated by phoning Sky.
  • Options
    webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can do it online by adding it to your basket on your account page.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goto virgin,they offer 3d service too,less than sky do
  • Options
    ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    thedrifter wrote: »
    goto virgin,they offer 3d service too,less than sky do

What 3d channels do Virgin have?
  • Options
    njeonjeo Posts: 6,341
    Forum Member
    Sky's latest premium services never come free? When Sky+ came out I waited a little bit but still coughed up £249 for a 40Gb Pace PVR2, then HD came out and that costs an extra £10 and the boxes again cost extra, which again I forked out for, so now 3D requires a full blown subscription. If early adopters want something, they will pay for it. Sky could easily have charged £10 extra for Sky 3D, but they didn't, seeing as it requires the expense of a new TV, so in the alternative they had to make you subscribe to all channels.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    njeo wrote: »
    Sky could easily have charged £10 extra for Sky 3D, but they didn't, seeing as it requires the expense of a new TV, so in the alternative they had to make you subscribe to all channels.

How many people who haven't got access to sports and/or movies would pay £10 for a 3d sub? Not many.

Like in the early days of HD, the majority of subscribers took all the packages in order to get the most HD.
  • Options
    simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clatter wrote: »
    What 3d channels do Virgin have?

VM have 3D VOD service which they launched a couple of days before Sky officially launched their 3D channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    nanscober wrote: »

£62.25 per month
  • Options
    BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it early adopters or people wanting to adopt early always moan about the price when EVERYTHING EVER INVENTED cost's a fortune when it's new!!
    Pretty simple really.
  • Options
    Random PrecisionRandom Precision Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    BOOTHY2905 wrote: »
    Why is it early adopters or people wanting to adopt early always moan about the price when EVERYTHING EVER INVENTED cost's a fortune when it's new!!
    Pretty simple really.
    I think that the early adopters are aware and willing to pay whatever it costs. There are others who just see something and want it, or believe they are entitled to it. I suppose its simple, if you can't afford it you can't have it:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    notachance wrote: »
    Primarily they show movies and sport on the 3D channel. Therefore, it stands to reason that you need to have the movies and sports channels to be able to watch the 3D version.

OK, so if you have just 1 mix and movies and sport then you can't get 3D but to add the additional 5 mixes will cost you a fiver.

There's your fee - £5.

As to your captive audience comment - the only reason Sky have this so called captive audience is because they invest and innovate. You have a choice whether or not to subscribe. No one is twisting your arm up your back fella.

We had everything except sport & its cost us £11 to get this alleged wonderful 3d system of multiple repeats & demands for an extra £3.50 for box office films