The BBC 999 Awards

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How can the BBC steal other channels ideas/formats and make them so cheap and tacky. This programme is so cringeworthy. The concept is admirable but could have been done SO much better.

Comments

• CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's cringeworthy. It's amazing stuff!! These people do their jobs day in and day out with no reward. They truly are amazing & without them, millions of more people would've died from their accidents/injuries/whathaveyou.

They are amazing xx
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lenny Henry and Kirsty Young presenting it??
    Whoever thought that combination would work?, it doesn't.
    Lenny was never that funny even in his prime, he's just an embarrassment now.

Yes, the emergency services do a fantastic job, but the show itself is truly dire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I t applaud the men and women of the emergency services, I think the way the programme was staged was cringeworthy.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I t applaud the men and women of the emergency services, I think the way the programme was staged was cringeworthy.

Anything with Lenny Henry is cringeworthy, he could put you off staying at Premier Inns.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The music was not good did not need music links blasting out all the time
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The music was not good did not need music links blasting out all the time

I agree, I thought that the show had a bit of serious nature behind it and the music did not dignify that.

And Lenny Henry was awful, as always.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stories of heroism, but this is an area ITV excel with with their human interest awards shows.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can the BBC steal other channels ideas/formats and make them so cheap and tacky. This programme is so cringeworthy. The concept is admirable but could have been done SO much better.

I don't think there is anything particularly original about awards programmes for people in the public services, just that most programmes have been done by ITV in recent years. I would think it is quite likely there have been earlier similar ones on BBC many years ago.

The classic "999" series was of course on BBC1 then copied widely by all channels.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least they didn't have that awful Carole Vorderman presenting.

Almost worth being a hero to get a snog from Kirstie Young!
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dare the BBC broadcast a program about 999 without the great legend that is Michael Buerk!
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,147
    Forum Member
    Johnr wrote: »
    How dare the BBC broadcast a program about 999 without the great legend that is Michael Buerk!

That was a great show.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    At least they didn't have that awful Carole Vorderman presenting.

Almost worth being a hero to get a snog from Kirstie Young!

By Sod' s Law it might have been a snog from John Barrowman.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,682
    Forum Member
    How can the BBC steal other channels ideas/formats...
    So who did they "steal" this one from then? :confused: