o2 Pay As You Go - The Best?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,090
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi Guys,

I have been a loyal o2 Pay As You Go customer for two years now and I have to commend them on their network performance and value for money.

Me and my girlfriend subscribe to the o2 online pay as you go service with free text messages and upon doing some research I can confirm that no other mobile network rewards it's pay as you go customers more than what o2 does.

For a basic £10 top up you can receive:

300 free text messages!
Your choice of an o2 home 100 or 250 bolt on!

And when you complete a six month period with o2 you will also receive a free monthly o2 treat of free minutes or texts. It's your choice!

For those not familiar with o2 home, the first option gives you 100 anytime xnet minutes for £9.99 which is deducted from your calltime balance. Or you can opt in to o2 home 250 for £4.99 per month to receive 250 off peak landline and o2 mobile free minutes.

Either way, you are guaranteed both free texts and free minutes.

Can anyone make an arguement against this? I and many friends I have, are very happy with o2 online pay as you go and they would not change their network if given the chance.

Comments

• gazzer1970gazzer1970 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    well I have the same package, but I also receive ever 3months 10% of the top up back as a credit. :)
  • johna999johna999 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then if you upgrade in store/online you get another 10% each time you topup plus free calls fri-mon if you sign up for the long weekend like the online texts just top up £10 a mth to get it free.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah simply that Orange give you 3000 evening and weekend texts for a month for £15
    T-Mobile gve you 2000 free weekend texts for £10 a month and other texts can cost only 3p
    Vodafone give you free weekend textsand calls all weekend if you spen £5 in the week.

The only network I'd say cn't really compete is 3 however you can still get 500 xnet mins for £25 so its up to you what you think.

If your gonna say "but the texts are only in the evening and the weekend" then I just wanna say that smoe of us are busy in the day and don't have time to text.

I'll let you make your own mind up you may still love O2 and think they are the best its up to you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    i dont think o2 are the best but they are good for during the day and free airtime etc i have 150 nmins for anytime plus 300 minutes evening and weekend plus 150 txts plus i get 10% of my calls back and on vodafone i have free weekend calls and txts plus i have free calls after paying 15p a min for 3 mins so i cant argue either way i dont think orange is that great and 3 is just rubbish for everything
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there were an outright best network, 90% of the PAYG consumer pase would be on it. Truth is that price wise, it really depends how you use your phone. On my PAYG phone I now send about 150 text messages month and make around 5 minutes of XNet calls. T-Mobile works out the cheapest for me. No minimum top up per month either, but when I topup £20 or more i get 20% extra. My useage could change in the coming months, so I might look for a new network then as they might work out better.

Don't see the point of 'rewards' if they aren't going to be of any use or real benefit, I'd just be paying over the odds for something I wouldn't use just so I can say I get X amount of texts and x amount of minutes free. It would be interesting to see how many people who get these 'free' things actually use all of them most months. Or at least use enough to make it economically beneficial to them to have these 'offers' on their account.

Network quality also depends on where you live and loads of other factors or network features. I have no complaints at all about T-Mobile's network, I like the way I can send high priority texts, get free delivery reports without a code and the Voicemail icon displays on my phone, rather than recieving a text like on O2. Coverage here is also excellent.