Options

Pobol Y Cwm (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just on Friday's episode. Is it just me or did no one really seem that surprised that Mark was alive?!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Just on Friday's episode. Is it just me or did no one really seem that surprised that Mark was alive?!!

Yes, it was painfully underwhelming, a very poor end to what was a brilliant story.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    I've enjoyed the last couple of episodes, except for some scenes I had to skip - the staggeringly dull Hywel. No-one would have an affair with this excruciating dullard, and the whole 'affair' thing with Sheryl just feels forced. They have zro chemistry.

I agree, I think the whole thing is forced. I don't actually see Hwyel and Sheryl together except maybe for some casual fun. They don't know each other very well outside of whatever physical attraction is supposed to be going on.

They finally have some interesting major storylines going, but the in between stuff Hwyel/Sheryl and Gethin/Garry are just dull rehashes. No one wants a slightly different versions of the same storylines over and over.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    ed and gemma are just doing my head in
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Just watched the anniversary episode from 1999
    Did the jones win the lottery.
    Also did marks dad die
    I am upset that meic is leaving and sad he has cancer
    Don't really want to watch that storyline enfold
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Meic will leave the cafe to Debbie in his will as a final gesture?
    I truly believed he loves Debbie, and that he finished with her because in his mind he was being cruel to be kind so she wouldn`t have to feel obligated to stay with him during his final days. I think he loves Anita, but would have preferred to stay with Debbie if he hadn`t got cancer.
    Poor Meic, I will truly miss him :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    I wonder if Meic will leave the cafe to Debbie in his will as a final gesture?
    I truly believed he loves Debbie, and that he finished with her because in his mind he was being cruel to be kind so she wouldn`t have to feel obligated to stay with him during his final days. I think he loves Anita, but would have preferred to stay with Debbie if he hadn`t got cancer.
    Poor Meic, I will truly miss him :(

He really is one of a kind. I just know his demise is going to be gripping but tragic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He really is one of a kind. I just know his demise is going to be gripping but tragic.

He is a wonderful character, but I feel better knowing the actor wants to go and he's had a great career. I am very interested in seeing what will happen with Debbie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take no pleasure in saying this, but that was an extremely poor episode of PYC last night. Gemma's breakdown had been handled so well, and given her behaviour she is likely to have been sectioned under the Mental Health Act. But instead she was arrested, no medical assessment of her mental health, and the day after she is neatly and tidily packed off with Andrew to live happily ever after. Sentimental, irresponsible nonsense, and not a helpline in sight. >:(

The golf plot, Gethin/Garry, Sheryl/Hywel/Gaynor - all completely coma-inducing. And a dodgy script to boot. Dear me. Might be time to switch off again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wished they never killed off Duff as i loved him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take no pleasure in saying this, but that was an extremely poor episode of PYC last night. Gemma's breakdown had been handled so well, and given her behaviour she is likely to have been sectioned under the Mental Health Act. But instead she was arrested, no medical assessment of her mental health, and the day after she is neatly and tidily packed off with Andrew to live happily ever after. Sentimental, irresponsible nonsense, and not a helpline in sight. >:(

The golf plot, Gethin/Garry, Sheryl/Hywel/Gaynor - all completely coma-inducing. And a dodgy script to boot. Dear me. Might be time to switch off again.
    That`s what I thought too about it being so nicely packed away. I was hoping we`d get to see Gemma talk to at least one councillor about how she saw Mark as the father she was missing in her life. But no we didn`t even get to see that. PYC have done some superb mental health storylines in the past. Sadly, this wasn`t one of them.
    :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That`s what I thought too about it being so nicely packed away. I was hoping we`d get to see Gemma talk to at least one councillor about how she saw Mark as the father she was missing in her life. But no we didn`t even get to see that. PYC have done some superb mental health storylines in the past. Sadly, this wasn`t one of them.
    :(

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. Gemma definitely had the behavior of a person with severe mental health issues. I don't think some time with her dad will fix too much. I hope we will see Gemma again I know Cats Mai is currently in Asia on Holiday. I don't like Gemma's behavior but we do need interesting younger characters.

PYC seems to have a obsession with wrapping things up with "nice" endings this year. I don't remember that being the case in the past. Iolo seems much better too quickly as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im very confussed over gemma why dont the doctors help
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for those sderr. Not much to look forward to really.
    I thought Sioned and Ed(case) were going to move to Eileens?
    I wish Ed(case) would leave....he has nothing to contribute in PYC anymore. Unless the fraud case gets found out and Britt reports Sion for fraud while Ed(case) somehow gets to be landlord again.
    I`m furious they`re still having horny Hywel and Sheryl cheating storyline. Someone should cut off Hywel`s knackers.....preferably Gaynor.
  • Options
    AnthonyLAnthonyL Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Did the show just drop Iolo's OCD storyline? He seems (almost) normal, he's in therapy, but we've heard nothing about it after the show made a big deal about there being something in Iolo's bad that led to this. Seems like they've just moved on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnthonyL wrote: »
    Did the show just drop Iolo's OCD storyline? He seems (almost) normal, he's in therapy, but we've heard nothing about it after the show made a big deal about there being something in Iolo's bad that led to this. Seems like they've just moved on.

Seems like. Sion's massive fraud might bring up some stuff when its revealed. The show writers have some obsession with bringing up stuff that could lead to a massive storylines and then giving them sentimental pat endings. They did the same with Gemma last week. I don't know if that's it or not for Iolo. What its been replaced with, Gethin/Garry and Sheryl/Hwyel everyone seems to agree is massively dull.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for those sderr. Not much to look forward to really.
    I thought Sioned and Ed(case) were going to move to Eileens?
    I wish Ed(case) would leave....he has nothing to contribute in PYC anymore. Unless the fraud case gets found out and Britt reports Sion for fraud while Ed(case) somehow gets to be landlord again.
    I`m furious they`re still having horny Hywel and Sheryl cheating storyline. Someone should cut off Hywel`s knackers.....preferably Gaynor.

I don't want Ed to own Y Deri. Ed is far too dull to run a pub. Ed and Sioned very dull couple; can't believe they haven't broken them up yet. I guess Ed sticks around because I assume Gemma comes back.

I agree Sheryl and Hwyel have no chemistry. They didn't do anything to build an emotional connection between the two of them. Iolo and Gethin have more chemistry although not even a couple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    I agree Sheryl and Hwyel have no chemistry. They didn't do anything to build an emotional connection between the two of them. Iolo and Gethin have more chemistry although not even a couple.

Lol, absolutely! You know I don't much like either Iolo or Gethin individually, but I like them together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    is gemma gone for good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jinx worries that Ffion wanted to steal Elliw's baby. Ffion and Gethin bond as they babysit Elliw's baby in the park.

I hope this doesn't mean
    that they'll have Ffion and Gethin have an affair. :o
    It would literally make no sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Jinx worries that Ffion wanted to steal Elliw's baby. Ffion and Gethin bond as they babysit Elliw's baby in the park.

I hope this doesn't mean
    that they'll have Ffion and Gethin have an affair. :o
    It would literally make no sense.

Thar was my first thought too sderr.
    I also hope it doesn`t mean that Gethin and Elliw have an affair either. She`s just a school girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thar was my first thought too sderr.
    I also hope it doesn`t mean that Gethin and Elliw have an affair either. She`s just a school girl.

Gethin has never
    been into schoolgirls. He hasn't been with anyone in 2 years and Sheryl was older than him. I know they like their sex crime storylines, but that one would be way out of character.

I think it'll be Ffion if he has an affair. I know they like their shock pairings that don't work, but how are they going work that one? I think they are going run into a problem with their unfinished paternity storyline if Jinx and Ffion actually split up and Ffion goes with Gethin. I would not believe Macs would just let Gethin raise his kid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what...... are the writters for real