These scenes with Kylie.....

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
going to this pub all the time are so crap and so depressing.

Terrible. Just terrible.

Comments

• EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the same. These people have no lives at all. Do they do anything except take drugs and drink in a crappy pub?
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I actually quite enjoy the contrast they are playing between Kylie's current life and her old life, but yes, the pub scenes are very dreadful.
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...........make Grange Hill look like Shakespeare :blush:
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It exposes how crap the Rovers set is when they film in real pubs. :D
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    It's actually making me despise Kylie more and more.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like seeing a scene in the Shameless pub, and for the icing on the cake, we get to see the delectable Chesney all grown up in the same episode. :p
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly, in some innercity areas, people DO hang about all day in pubs drinking and taking drugs.
  • RCD28RCD28 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't bother me so much if the scenes weren't exactly the same with practically the same dialogue in every episode. It was the same when Stuart Blackburn was in charge at Emmerdale, endless dreary repetitive scenes with the stories standing still.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    It exposes how crap the Rovers set is when they film in real pubs. :D

Surprised when they moved, that the Rovers couldn't have been filmed on the outside lot, like some other locations have been, or is there a technical reason?

The other week I saw an interview between Sian Williams & the girl who plays Priya in Emmerdale, which was conducted on the Woolpack set.

The different lighting to normal, gave the set a different feel.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually enjoying this storyline with Kylie more than I thought I would. I like seeing the contrast between Kylie's past life and her current life on the Street with her family. And Paula Lane is doing a great job with acting out the character.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RCD28 wrote: »
    It wouldn't bother me so much if the scenes weren't exactly the same with practically the same dialogue in every episode. It was the same when Stuart Blackburn was in charge at Emmerdale, endless dreary repetitive scenes with the stories standing still.

That's why its really bugging me it was OK at first but now it seems like the same thing happens every episode.
    David: I need you to do something for me.
    Kylie: hold on a second (runs off to her old town)
    Kylie spots Callum
    Kylie: you're a despicable human being
    Says while Callum is just randomly walking down the road
    Callum: So I should throw the drugs away
    Kylie: no no gimeee
    Kylie walks into the pub
    Friend: hey bestie
    Something happens Kylie has to go back home
    David: where did you go?
    Kylie: gives a rubbish excuse
    David: OK

This happens every episode I mean her friend now in hospital isn't going to change anything is she?
    What makes this even worse is nearly every storyline is like this at the moment. It takes weeks until there will actually be a development.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it is rather boring! The acting in last nights episode, when Gemma collapsed, was AWFUL IMO!
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually enjoying this storyline with Kylie more than I thought I would. I like seeing the contrast between Kylie's past life and her current life on the Street with her family. And Paula Lane is doing a great job with acting out the character.

I agree, I'm enjoying finding about Kylie's past, it's never been touched on before, all we knew was that she had a rough upbringing. As you say, Paula is doing a brilliant job :)
  • spudatospudato Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    going to this pub all the time are so crap and so depressing.

Terrible. Just terrible.

Boring,boring,boring.
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like seeing a scene in the Shameless pub, and for the icing on the cake, we get to see the delectable Chesney all grown up in the same episode. :p
    That's exactly where it reminded me of! And I agree about Chesney :)
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why its really bugging me it was OK at first but now it seems like the same thing happens every episode.
    David: I need you to do something for me.
    Kylie: hold on a second (runs off to her old town)
    Kylie spots Callum
    Kylie: you're a despicable human being
    Says while Callum is just randomly walking down the road
    Callum: So I should throw the drugs away
    Kylie: no no gimeee
    Kylie walks into the pub
    Friend: hey bestie
    Something happens Kylie has to go back home
    David: where did you go?
    Kylie: gives a rubbish excuse
    David: OK

This happens every episode I mean her friend now in hospital isn't going to change anything is she?
    What makes this even worse is nearly every storyline is like this at the moment. It takes weeks until there will actually be a development.
    That's Blackburn for you. Emmerdale was exactly the same when he was in charge. Storylines on an endless loop with no actual progression for weeks.
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie: I hate you. Stay away from my son. He's got a Dad, he doesn't need you. You're drug dealing scum. I've got a good life. Don't come to where I live and try to ruin it.

Callum: Do you fancy a drink?

Kylie: Yeah alright then go on.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That friend of hers who has overdosed is annoying and I hope this is the last we see of her, can't understand her relationship with Callum.

That moron she had Max with suddenly finds interest in his child, how and why?

She is now hooked on speed and keeps going back for more, how and why?

She runs a mobile nail business but has no car. How and why?

Where is this storyline heading, because it is a pile of shite. I could have written far better with a crayon and some colouring pens
  • stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope we get the old Kylie back when she returns after the actress has her baby.
    This one is a giant pain in the bum.:(
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Rhona or Vanessa go through a similar storyline in Emmerdale?
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also how did Callum know what school Max goes to and more importantly how does he know what Max looks like. He said to Kylie he must be a looker. He hasnt had any contact with them. Has he?
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stellers wrote: »
    I hope we get the old Kylie back when she returns after the actress has her baby.

Another character changed by the hat, to suit a story!
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stellers wrote: »

Maybe not too old a kylie - or she'll offer to sell max to the ugly, unshaven one.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    My worry is exactly where they are heading with this. I'm guessing it's rehab, but nine months... really? No one is allowed to stay in rehab that long.

Or is she going to abandon her life and run off? That would destroy the character completely as she would be cutting all ties with her kids and David.

Or perhaps she'll go to stay with Becky - but again, for 9 whole months?

I know that maternity leave is hard to write around for a character who is settled like Kylie (and also Fiz) but they shouldn't have gone down this route as I can't see any plausible way for this storyline to head towards a 9-month exit without completely destroying Kylie's character and relationships. At least with Fiz they seem to be going for a tenuous but somewhat plausible explanation which means her place on the street won't be ruined.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Paula Lane is as usual doing a brilliant job, sadly she is turning back into the old Kylie which is such a shame as I liked watching the more mature and settled relationship between her and David developing.

I just wish they could have found another way to explain Kylies future absence from the street...........I hate seeing her self-destruct.