Options

43 Albert Square

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
Forum Member
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, and sorry if I'm wrong, but didn't Pam & Les the undertaker move into No43 (where Alfie broke into last night) at the same time they brought the shop? Or did I dream that one...

Comments

• Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember that and with Spring Lane basically round the corner, I don't think it would necessary either as one would assume they already live close by.
  • Options
    eaststreetlovereaststreetlover Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pam and Les live in the flat above the shop
    Number 43 was a house, turned into 3 flats.
    Flat b and c were turned into an upstairs and a downstairs.
    It is has since been turned into a 3 floor house again.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,316
    Forum Member
    Yes there was no mention of them buying no 43. pam did talk about having less wardrobe space in their new home which strongly implied they had moved into the flat above the funeral parlour.
  • Options
    doug82doug82 Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    How is it 3 floors if it's the same as the Beales next door?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    doug82 wrote: »
    How is it 3 floors if it's the same as the Beales next door?

The Beales is a three storey house also, the loft was converted a few years ago. 43 was converted from a house into three flats in the eighties, it's had a lot of remodelling inside.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number 43 was where Sadie and Jake lived.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    The Beales is a three storey house also, the loft was converted a few years ago. 43 was converted from a house into three flats in the eighties, it's had a lot of remodelling inside.

Yes, the stairs in the Beale house seem to go up, forever. Hence there being 3 floors - same as with Number 43.
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Number 43 was where Sadie and Jake lived.

Yes - this is true. Where Alfie & Kat are now residing (or squatting) was where Sadie and Jake used to live. That was who that block (No 43) or flat (inside) was previously associated with and lived in by. Knew that I recognised the set when it was shown in the episode :-)
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »

I think they've forgotten about that loft conversion. Cindy would have been in there otherwise, but then again, they wanted her in Lucy's room to know more about her secrets than anyone else.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do Peter and (when he's there) Bobby have the loft conversion?

Back in the day I remember Pauline and Arthur had one room, Lou and Michelle had the other, and then Mark (and later Martin) had the spare downstairs room, which Ian has since knocked through.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know who it actually belongs to? The law has changed regarding squatting residential property recently and the police can just get you out with immediate effect.

Edit : Did Sadie buy the house?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »
    I think they've forgotten about that loft conversion. Cindy would have been in there otherwise, but then again, they wanted her in Lucy's room to know more about her secrets than anyone else.

Pretty sure we have seen the stairs leading up to the loft several times this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Does anyone know who it actually belongs to? The law has changed regarding squatting residential property recently and the police can just get you out with immediate effect.

Edit : Did Sadie buy the house?

I think Sadie rented it from Janine, who owned several properties on the square but she was trying to sell some of them off.