Options

upgrading ealry on t-mobile

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
Forum Member
✭✭
I used to be on o2 and orange before moving to the awesome flext tariff with t-mobile. any way, whenever i fancied a new phone on o2 and orange they would charge me an upgrade fee (usually £50 plus the upgrade price of the handset) and extend my contract accordingly. however t-mobile don;t seem to offer any such service whatsoever, which i'm quite upset about as i want a k800i.

Has anyone ever successfully upgraded early on t-mobile? (ie not towards end of contract) or is there anyway i can try and haggle a k800i out of them?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about T-mobile, but would like to say I have never been charged an upgrade fee with o2 for at least the last 5 years. An upgrade fee really never made any sense - why would someone pay an upgrade fee rather than canel the existing contract, take out a new contract, transfer the number for free from the old number to the new number, etc - and when losts of people were doing that, it dawned on o2 that they were creating a lot of work for themselves for no shareholder value, hence common sense prevailed.

For the same reason, the cost of the handset is (sometimes after a bit of negotiation) the same price as it would be on a comparible tariff for a brand new customer too.
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i could upgrade on the 31st of July(1 month before my contract would end)... i managed to upgrade 2 weeks before that date :)