He's baaack...James Arthur being delightful again

Comments

• Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I don't know why Ray or Joe has to be dragged into a James Arthur thread :confused:

Ray has only done XF and DOI - and now the All Stars version, with six winners left in to compete.

I really don't see anything wrong in any of them doing more shows like these - as long as they are happy, who cares what a few say about motives. I think people should take whatever opportunities come along in life, and as long as they enjoy the experience, well good for them. Shows like I'm a Celebtrity, DOI and CBB don't have a great track record for relaunching music careers, but they pay well and if the celeb sells a few more concert tickets etc as a result, well it isn't hurting anyone.
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I really don't see anything wrong in any of them doing more shows like these - as long as they are happy, who cares what a few say about motives. I think people should take whatever opportunities come along in life, and as long as they enjoy the experience, well good for them. Shows like I'm a Celebtrity, DOI and CBB don't have a great track record for relaunching music careers, but they pay well and if the celeb sells a few more concert tickets etc as a result, well it isn't hurting anyone.

I honestly cannot see anything wrong in what either Joe or Ray are doing/have done. The shows they have been in are talent based and not tacky in anyway.

Ray is probably a better dancer than he is singer and was a child actor. He is probably realistic enough to know that his future is as an all round entertainer and he has done musicals successfully. Keeping up a media profile makes eminent sense.

Joe is imo a much stronger singer than Ray, and is still touring and recording. He also benefits from keeping a strong profile. He is still young and has an engaging personality. Who knows where it might lead?

They are both professional in their approach, seem to be grounded young men and seem to me to have made the best use of the opportunities presented to them by the X Factor.

They could both have long term careers somewhere in the entertainment industry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to James Arthur...surely now he's talked about suicide, someone will have to intervene and get him out of the public eye for a while? A record label can surely only try to make an artist "happen" to a point.
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a fairer way of looking at things, I suppose. I guess what's important is he paces himself well - as you say, he's not quite appearing on every trashy show going just yet and I think it's important for him to be very choosy about what he goes on if he wants to retain any credibility as a singer. I do think going on something as tacky as The Jump was a mistake even if he won. Popstar to Opera Star made perfect sense though and I enjoyed his performances on that (however if I had my way, the sublime Marcella Detroit would have won).

If Joe's music gigs sell well then it seems a bit odd that he's not releasing albums instead of going on something like The Jump. I thought his last offering, Here's What I Believe, was not too bad. He'd be better off taking the time to fine tune his song writing skills, imho.

Why can't he do both - he is writing and recording his fifth album, going on tour - and winning The Jump. :D Joe is a keen skier, was on holiday in Austria when he got the chance to do it, throw in some training from some of the best in the business, I'd assume he got paid for it, had a fantastic experience, - and took up less than 2 weeks of his life - not sure where the negatives are :confused:

Sure beats falling out with all and sundry on Twitter.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #askjamesarthur is currently trending on twitter. Needless to say he's not actually doing a Q & A but there's some gems on there, such as:
    #askJamesArthur what's your biggest achievment? Your insipid pop music or your homophobic views?
    #AskJamesArthur Describe the structure & function of enzymes, explain how their activity is influenced by pH, temperature or inhibitors (10)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to James Arthur...surely now he's talked about suicide, someone will have to intervene and get him out of the public eye for a while? A record label can surely only try to make an artist "happen" to a point.

Anyone? Or is this thread now the Joe McElderry appreciation thread?
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member

Who knows? They seem to have allowed him access to his official twitter time and again despite the huge PR disasters it brings, so I am beginning to wonder if that's deliberate now and they couldn't care less. After all how easy is it to change a password? They have plenty of other artists on the books.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone? Or is this thread now the Joe McElderry appreciation thread?

I am not sure how to take his "suicide" talk... Is it really serious? Because he seems to be a big moaner in general & seems very good at victimisation (not that people aren't attacking him, but he seems to usually "start" whatever happens & doesn't seem to know when to stop, so it's hard to feel truly sorry for him).

I don't know how he is doing in Europe, but since his mis-steps are widely publicised in the UK, I don't see how his management & label will be able to make him happen. And he doesn't seem stable enough to handle the situation anyway.
    Forum Member
    annushka wrote: »
    I am not sure how to take his "suicide" talk... Is it really serious? Because he seems to be a big moaner in general & seems very good at victimisation (not that people aren't attacking him, but he seems to usually "start" whatever happens & doesn't seem to know when to stop, so it's hard to feel truly sorry for him).

I don't know how he is doing in Europe, but since his mis-steps are widely publicised in the UK, I don't see how his management & label will be able to make him happen. And he doesn't seem stable enough to handle the situation anyway.

I am sort of with you on that. If he genuinely suffers with depression, then I have sympathy for him, but feel he should be getting professional help, and his team should be managing him better, rather than fire-fighting. He seems to lurch from one crisis to another.

But I also wonder whether it is less of a depressive personality, and more of a manipulative one. ie He continually gets into hot water, because he just isn't a nice person. But he has learnt to use things like mentioning suicide to manipulate those around him, to offset any possible reprimands, in case he carries through his threats. Likewise, he says he has depression, which is another way of stopping criticism - as in, "we can't tell James off, because he will get depressed or have a meltdown".
  • RottilargoRottilargo Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of James has posted an 'intimate' photo of that model he was sexting, and tweeted it to the press too. Classy.

She's responded:
    Teddy Edwardes ‏@TeddyEdwardes
    Why are people acting like they've never sent anyone a naked photo before? 😂 @JamesArthur23 have you ever sent one? 👀

@laurenbowden89: @TeddyEdwardes maybe you should sell your story after all” Oh don't worry I have a far better plan 😉
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sort of with you on that. If he genuinely suffers with depression, then I have sympathy for him, but feel he should be getting professional help, and his team should be managing him better, rather than fire-fighting. He seems to lurch from one crisis to another.

But I also wonder whether it is less of a depressive personality, and more of a manipulative one. ie He continually gets into hot water, because he just isn't a nice person. But he has learnt to use things like mentioning suicide to manipulate those around him, to offset any possible reprimands, in case he carries through his threats. Likewise, he says he has depression, which is another way of stopping criticism - as in, "we can't tell James off, because he will get depressed or have a meltdown".

He is just a typical bully, no problem dishing it out, but squeals like a pig in an abattoir when he gets any negativity back. I was going to keep my mouth shut, fingers off the keyboard and just ignore feeding the thread; just in case it was to generate interest for his new single, however....

At the end of the day he was not very nice to the young lady or his ex-PA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    JA has tweeted one of the Daily Mirror 3am girls to tell her he doesn't rate her coverage of his story. In his own inimitable style.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/twit-day-james-arthur-abuses-3132463
    Forum Member
    Tabby_Shaw wrote: »
    JA has tweeted one of the Daily Mirror 3am girls to tell her he doesn't rate her coverage of his story. In his own inimitable style.

Looks like he has deleted that tweet - so sticking with his usual M.O.

He really isn't very bright - people may say the celeb journos are awful and deserve getting some stick back, but the reality is they can destroy reputations and careers very easily. They will print all this bad stuff, but they may well refuse to publish anything good thereafter. His PR team must be tearing their hair out, trying to work out how to sort out this latest PR crisis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rottilargo wrote: »
    A friend of James has posted an 'intimate' photo of that model he was sexting, and tweeted it to the press too. Classy.

She's responded:
    Why are people acting like they've never sent anyone a naked photo before? 😂 @JamesArthur23 have you ever sent one? 👀

@laurenbowden89: @TeddyEdwardes maybe you should sell your story after all” Oh don't worry I have a far better plan 😉

This appears to be his 'best friend'. One might assume JA had something to do with the posting. He really wants that 'misogynist of the year' award, doesn't he? He really is a despicable human being.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like he has deleted that tweet - so sticking with his usual M.O.

He really isn't very bright - people may say the celeb journos are awful and deserve getting some stick back, but the reality is they can destroy reputations and careers very easily. They will print all this bad stuff, but they may well refuse to publish anything good thereafter. His PR team must be tearing their hair out, trying to work out how to sort out this latest PR crisis.

It appears they offered the model some money to delete her tweets and shush...but she's refused. Of course his friend posting a private picture of her won't help to keep her quiet. Quite frankly, he is such a revolting human being, he doesn't deserve to be saved.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm genuinely surprised that Modest/Syco haven't stepped in and taken him off Twitter. I can only imagine that either they think any publicity is good publicity, or they are letting him get on with it so they have an excuse to dump him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I'm genuinely surprised that Modest/Syco haven't stepped in and taken him off Twitter. I can only imagine that either they think any publicity is good publicity, or they are letting him get on with it so they have an excuse to dump him.

Would not surprise me, especially when he is due to release a new single. Coincidence with regards the timing. There again, being cynical, I wonder what happened to a FM who was a chief supporter of James? Surprised they have not commented on this thread. Does anybody know what his ex-PA is doing now?

I should know by now that cynical assumptions do not always add up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tabby_Shaw wrote: »

He also had a rant about Holy Moly but that's been deleted. All his tweets from yesterday are gone too.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    Would not surprise me, especially when he is due to release a new single. Coincidence with regards the timing. There again, being cynical, I wonder what happened to a FM who was a chief supporter of James? Surprised they have not commented on this thread. Does anybody know what his ex-PA is doing now?

I should know by now that cynical assumptions do not always add up.

His tweets wouldnt be disappearing if it were a marketing strategy.

He's just a huge walking ego who thinks he's made it and knows better than everyone. I think he is quite talented, but it is clear to me he is the worst X Factor winner there has been, he just isnt equipped to deal with the consequences of winning. This is pure self destruct mode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His tweets wouldnt be disappearing if it were a marketing strategy.

He's just a huge walking ego who thinks he's made it and knows better than everyone. I think he is quite talented, but it is clear to me he is the worst X Factor winner there has been, he just isnt equipped to deal with the consequences of winning. This is pure self destruct mode.

Thanks, just me being cynical.

He seems to have a massive self destruct button that he just cannot help pressing.

First he goes on X Factor, saying about his dysfunctional family and being homeless. Then his mother says, he threw a tantrum, when she had to move from the luxury of the Middle East, saying goodbye to the private schooling, private swimming pool and servants to come back to England. James ended up sleeping on a friend's sofa for one night, and I guess somewhere in the middle is the truth.

He moaned about his bed sit, yet when I was living in London in the Seventies and Eighties, The Elephant and Castle was known as Cardboard City, owing to the homeless sleeping out on the streets with nothing but a cardboard box for comfort.

After winning the X Factor, he then moans about how awful fame is. How he has problems with his mental health and okay, fair enough, but surely he could get himself the help he perhaps needs.

He has been given a chance and nothing comes for free, but it is up to him whether he embraces the opportunity or if he throws it all away, owing to the temptations of hitting that self destruct button.

For a man approaching 26 he really should start taking responsibility for his life.
    Forum Member
    He also had a rant about Holy Moly but that's been deleted. All his tweets from yesterday are gone too.

I can't see the point in that when they have been retweeted many times and reported in the press, together with screenshots. Does he, or his management, think that pretending they never happened is going to improve the situation?
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wrote:
    James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23 1h

I wish I was still poor and unknown.

Give the money to charity and bog off back to your bedsit, then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell ‘standing by “sensitive soul” James Arthur’:
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/11/simon-cowell-standing-by-sensitive-soul-james-arthur-4300022/
    Forum Member
    Simon Cowell ‘standing by “sensitive soul” James Arthur’:
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/11/simon-cowell-standing-by-sensitive-soul-james-arthur-4300022/

He's got a single out, they are hardly going to abandon him at this point. Syco is a record label and will want to recoup the costs of making and marketing the album - promoting the single will be aimed at selling more albums, so dumping him now just doesn't make financial sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ‘Management have to handle James very carefully. He’s a talented yet sensitive soul and has suffered with depression in the past. He has done so well to behave himself on Twitter since his previous rant so bosses are frustrated that it has all blown up again.

‘But sometimes the level of abuse he gets is too much and he can’t resist hitting back.

‘Syco realise the public have turned against James and they are trying to get it all under control.’

Keeping my mouth zipped as the quote says it all. Just how do they turn the public around?