SkyDrive name to be changed

2»

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,474
    Forum Member
    Don't MS still own MySpace? Perfect moniker IMHO.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Can't you see that it's a perfectly reasonable thing to assume? My middle-aged aunt who is perfectly fine with computers would see SkyX, SkyY and SkyZ. The only company she's ever signed up with is called Sky and provides her with computer services. So why wouldn't she think the thing called Sky is from Sky?

Off-topic but this gets my goat:

As for the Americans who sued over hot coffee - this is an often trotted out story that's only partially true. The coffee was served as at very high temperature, tens of degrees hotter than usual and they were aware of the problem, but did it to increase the aroma in the restaurant to drive sales. Other people had been injured by it before. I'm sure we've all spilled tea or coffee on ourselves and said "ouch" and no harm was done. The person involved got third degree burns, requiring a hospital stay and skin grafts. So no, it's not a stupid person doing a frivolous law suit. It was a negligent restaurant serving coffee that was so hot it could cause serious injury when spilled.

The only company she ever signed up for is Sky? So how did she end up with a Microsoft account/SkyDrive? :confused: Sky don't give out Microsoft accounts that can be used with SkyDrive when you sign up with them - she'd have had to have done that herself.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Couldn't MS have a separate cloud service for the UK with a different name? That would solve the problem.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    The only company she ever signed up for is Sky? So how did she end up with a Microsoft account/SkyDrive? :confused: Sky don't give out Microsoft accounts that can be used with SkyDrive when you sign up with them - she'd have had to have done that herself.

Well spotted, made me chuckle. :D
  • MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't MS have a separate cloud service for the UK with a different name? That would solve the problem.

News Corp use the Sky brand in other countries (inc. joint ventures)

Sky Italia
    Sky Deutschland
    Sky TV in New Zealand
    Sky Mexico
    Sky Brasil
    Sky PerfecTV in Japan
    Sky Turk in Turkey
    Sky News Australia
    Sky News Arabia