Options

The Mentalist is back. New Series #6. Channel 5 Tuesday 29th October 2013 at 9pm

Comments

• Options
    TutorGirl89TutorGirl89 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Loved the end of tonights episode I have been waiting for that moment for ages.

Are we to assume that after tonights episode Sheriff McAllister has been ruled off the list?
  • Options
    LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the end of tonights episode I have been waiting for that moment for ages.

Are we to assume that after tonights episode Sheriff McAllister has been ruled off the list?

I think we're supposed to assume that, although there's no reason I can see that RJ would need to tell the truth about his acrophobia.

Thought there was some rather poor green screen when Jane and Lisbon were looking at the "Bella Vista", I know they use CGI more than you would expect but tonight was the first time I properly noticed it.

Pleased that Rigsby and Van Pelt are finally where they should be, although I find the rules change a little too convenient :p
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »
    ^ This, plus:

- Jane was tied up by RJ in the Season 2 (I think?) finale.
    In the season 2 finale, Jane was saved by Red John from the kids doing the snuff video. When he spoke to Jane in that scene his voice seemed to be very similar to that of Brett Partridge, but he's now dead.....
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    I think we're supposed to assume that, although there's no reason I can see that RJ would need to tell the truth about his acrophobia.

Thought there was some rather poor green screen when Jane and Lisbon were looking at the "Bella Vista", I know they use CGI more than you would expect but tonight was the first time I properly noticed it.

Pleased that Rigsby and Van Pelt are finally where they should be, although I find the rules change a little too convenient :p

the background scenes when they're driving in the last few episodes have been v. poor too - not far off from what you see in Hitchcock movies :p
  • Options
    cassiopeacassiopea Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    It dosn't make any sense at all for it to be Patrick Jayne

He waa talking to RJ when RJ had Lisbon, Lorelli knew RJ so she would of known if it was Jayne.

It is impossible for it to be Jayne and not make a mockery of the show and everything that has come before it.

I agree that it's not likely to be Patrick, considering how much we love Jayne and what's been said by the writers, but it's not impossible - think Fight Club! If it was Patrick's alter ego then I think that'd be a pretty cool ending. I don't like it because I love PJ but it would be a cool ending if portrayed in similar way to the reveal of Fight Club!

I also wanted to mention the fact that we saw three of the 7 in a meeting and the Tiger, Tiger group we have become aware of. Could RJ be a group of people? Or could these 3 people all be his followers? Was Partridge part of the group? Why else is he saying Tiger, Tiger when he dies? Is he trying to give an explaination for what Lisbon's team should be looking for or is he warning them to watch out for the Tiger, Tiger gang!?
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    It's so annoying to see DS have an article about a certain actress leaving The Mentalist on the main page as it does spoil things for people watching at a UK pace!
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it spoils things for people watching at any pace, because it hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Very true and its difficult to avoid finding out the identity of Red John as well but I've managed it so far!
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far I have avoided finding out I just hope Channel 5 have the sense to run it through

We have 3 eps left of the RJ story with RJ being revealed in the 3rd ep so it should be shown on 3rd, 10th and 17th of December

I know channel 5 normally put the show on the mid season break around early December, I would literally scream if they took the break after the 10th December.

No way would I hold on till Feb in that case

Has any one seen a schedule for that far ahead yet?? please confirm it is on for the next 3 weeks
  • Options
    Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    Has any one seen a schedule for that far ahead yet?? please confirm it is on for the next 3 weeks

Just checked on Digiguide and the 'reveal' episode is on December 17, then the show seems to go on a break.
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked on Digiguide and the 'reveal' episode is on December 17, then the show seems to go on a break.
    Apparently (my friend accidentally read a spoiler!) the reveal is actually at the end of episode 7, which will be on December 10th :D - then 'Red John' (the episode which everyone assumed to be the reveal) is on December 17th
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season has been really good so far. I didn't realise the reveal was going to be so early on but I'm glad that they aren't dragging it out for the whole season.

The whole tattoo thing seems like a red herring to me. I still think it's Ray, mainly because I think he genuinely likes Lisbon and he didn't hurt her when he had the chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the tattoo clue was dumb - hasn't Jane heard of temporary/fake tattoos?

Jane's gathering of all 5 suspects was far fetched and OTT e.g. no satisfactory reason why VIP Stiles would agree and in the back of a flower(?)truck too lol

I find it hard to believe that Haffner is RJ after watching the last 2 episodes - Reed Diamond hasn't the presence or charisma to be RJ and his acting is so bad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm half way through watching this week's episode and I've noticed something that could be nothing! In the car park there was a big number 5 (very similar to channel 5's font actually) and then in Jane's room there was a big 4 on the door which the camera lingered on for a long time.

Did anyone else notice or am I playing their game and making something of nothing?

ETA: Just seen the end, although I'm sure everyone's absolutely fine, that was quite a cliffhanger. I would say that because we've just lost suspects 4 and 5 that my number theory might have something in it?
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so worried about spoilers now. It's a bad time to be a UK PACER
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed last nights episode & i loved the ending.Even though I'm watching it UK pace unfortunately i know who RJ is.Had it spoilt for me last week by someone on facebook.They didn't do it deliberately,they thought i was watching it US pace the same as they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    I enjoyed last nights episode & i loved the ending.Even though I'm watching it UK pace unfortunately i know who RJ is.Had it spoilt for me last week by someone on facebook.They didn't do it deliberately,they thought i was watching it US pace the same as they are.

I was wondering when the US found out, I was hoping that it wouldn't be for a while yet! I'm going to be super paranoid now!

I've hidden all posts from the Mentalist group on facebook but knowing the internet (and DS!) that may not be enough!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering when the US found out, I was hoping that it wouldn't be for a while yet! I'm going to be super paranoid now!

I've hidden all posts from the Mentalist group on facebook but knowing the internet (and DS!) that may not be enough!

i think the US found out around 17 Nov - the final RJ scene was also leaked on the internet before it was aired
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So anyone watching?

Thought it couldn't be the guy Lisbon shot because there's no way RJ would kneel to be executed so easily.
    So, is you-know-who really RJ? Seems a bit too easy but I can believe it, every since he first appeared and quoted Blake. Thought it was a red herring at the time, but perhaps it was a double bluff?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Blake Association cops were pretty incompetent - they had TWO easy opportunities to kill Reede Smith yet they failed lol

wish they had got a buff actor to play Reede Smith esp each time he lifted his shirt to show his wound :D

there was a big hint/clue showing RJ's identity in this ep yet don't recall any US pace fans mentioning it :o
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did download next week's episode after tonight's one because i couldn't wait :)

I suppose with the week after being christmas day, it won't be back until january so i'm happy to wait to stick with UK pace.

I'll spoiler this but it doesn't give anything away ..
    The big reveal just basically came and went. Wasn't any kind of shock or OMG moment but then I'd expected nothing less really after they'd spent so long building to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was tense! I thought that we might have been fed a red herring, although I was beginning to think that the Blake line he quoted on his first appearance was a double bluff and it was actually him.

Fairly pleased with their choice, although I didn't recognise him to start with!

I'm glad that Patrick got his peace but I hope it doesn't come back to haunt him. I thought for a moment that he was going to shoot himself (I'm sure that was how it was intended to look), although I'm not convinced that he still isn't going to do something stupid.

When they say it will return in the new year, what do they mean? I can't wait any longer than January!
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they say it will return in the new year, what do they mean? I can't wait any longer than January!
    The series essentially reboots. The next episode takes place two years in the future. Jane ends up working for the FBI on murders, with Lisbon and Cho in attendance. It's pretty much back to the weekly murder thing with a few different regular characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The series essentially reboots. The next episode takes place two years in the future. Jane ends up working for the FBI on murders, with Lisbon and Cho in attendance. It's pretty much back to the weekly murder thing with a few different regular characters.

Interesting, don't know what I was expecting under that spoiler tag but that wasn't it! Sounds good but I'd like to see more of the consequences of this week's episode. As a general comment, it's always a let down when a show seems to forget what's just happened, e.g. a miraculous recovery from injury.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    It has to take a break now because of closeness to US TX. Only three more episodes since 'Red John' will have aired by January 5. I guess it will be back in Feb for another uninterrupted block through to about May, exactly the same as last year.