Options

Tracie Andrews is up for release this summer, should she be?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Lee Harveys Mum said they had a "stormy" relationship
    and the knife itself was supposed to be a Swiss Army knife, small blade? but we are getting mixed reports from one side etc,
    so hence my comment about the judge etc would have all the details on knife, amount of wounds, witness evidence, and if they decide she should stay for another 2-3-10 years then so be it

It isn't a retrial and there is no judge. Although the nature of the crime and her conduct in concealing it are material, the question now being asked is whether she is a danger to the public rather than whether "she should stay for another 2-3-10 years" as an extension of the punishment. The sentence is still life.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Mail Online article is an interesting read. I wouldn't believe a word she says though about the victim being violent towards her... she made up a story about a road rage attack, so she's probably making up this abuse story too, to try and get out of prison as early as she can.
    To see how manipulative Andrews is you really should watch the Press conference she gave before her conviction. She gave an Oscar winning performance but it proved to be her own undoing as she dropped an almighty clanger which sealed her fate.

Everyone should watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzHxuH_6MC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjsVeZOPJzQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fww3YV-yhKw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7PA4nV1J1E&feature=related
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't a retrial and there is no judge. Although the nature of the crime and her conduct in concealing it are material, the question now being asked is whether she is a danger to the public rather than whether "she should stay for another 2-3-10 years" as an extension of the punishment. The sentence is still life.

if you read my earlier posts;) i did say the trial the Judge/Jury decide the outcome, then it passes to the Parole board
    and by deciding whether they stay those extra years i meant if they are refused parole then that would mean extra years, and the crime has to be relevant as they look at

their offending history
    their behaviour in prison
    any courses they completed
    psychological assessments
    victim statements

i didn't try and imply they are subject to a new trial, one thing that would be discussed is that she pleaded not guilty and now admits the offence, they have to decide if that is remorse or........
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's a long time, and I'm sure it's no picnic in prison. It's still a pathetic sentence in proportion to the crime she committed though.

Agree 100%. If life isn't to mean the rest of natural life then it should be at least 25 years for a fairly young person like she was. 14 years means she's still young enough to start over again. Her victim can't. :mad: So, 25 years then consider parole.
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liloleme wrote: »
    I don't know. It may have been self defence, you have no idea if it was or not so do stop pretending you do.

I'm pretty sure it's not necessary to stab someone 42 times in self-defence.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    To see how manipulative Andrews is you really should watch the Press conference she gave before her conviction. She gave an Oscar winning performance but it proved to be her own undoing as she dropped an almighty clanger which sealed her fate.

Everyone should watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzHxuH_6MC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjsVeZOPJzQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fww3YV-yhKw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7PA4nV1J1E&feature=related

Thanks for posting these videos. Part 4 is a pile of cack - I don't believe he threatened her with a knife. She just lies and lies and that 'oscar performance' of hers during the press conference is just unbelievable and sickening. This sick woman should never be released.
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    Thanks for posting these videos. Part 4 is a pile of cack - I don't believe he threatened her with a knife. She just lies and lies and that 'oscar performance' of hers during the press conference is just unbelievable and sickening. This sick woman should never be released.

Don't you see though she showed remorse?:D & I'm sure she has taken a few courses while being in prison:D So we must forgive her:o
    Just forget a lad lost his life & will never regain it. It doesn't matter you see!
    Or the fact he had two children who also lost out on being with their father for the last 14 years & who will also never get to be at their wedding!
    Nevermind the fact his Mother & Father heart's are still broken & will be until they leave this world!
    So let's get thing's right here.!
    She has served her sentence & if she goes onto Murder someone else she still has time to do another 14 years & come out & live her life free again! Now that's Justice:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you see though she showed remorse?:D & I'm sure she has taken a few courses while being in prison:D So we must forgive her:o
    Just forget a lad lost his life & will never regain it. It doesn't matter you see!
    Or the fact he had two children who also lost out on being with their father for the last 14 years & who will also never get to be at their wedding!
    Nevermind the fact his Mother & Father heart's are still broken & will be until they leave this world!
    She has served her sentence & if she goes onto Murder someone else she still has time to do another 14 years & come out & live her life free again! Now that's Justice:)

Thumbs up to the British Justice System! :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

did you give your Friend the same reaction?
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44450811&highlight=#post44450811

not having a dig but as the saying goes until you have walked.......
    do you think the victim of your friends sons would be posting similar replies if they could? as you said the murder he commited was savage, as i keep saying i have no inside information about the Lee Harvey murder, so have to rely on the justice system to protect society, in this case, your friends son's case etc and really hope they get it right;)
  • Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Mail Online article is an interesting read. I wouldn't believe a word she says though about the victim being violent towards her... she made up a story about a road rage attack, so she's probably making up this abuse story too, to try and get out of prison as early as she can.
    You've never lied about anything in your life then. But if you have, we can discount everything you say as probably being a lie because you did it at least once.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That conference showed her true side, the sheer evil within her beggars belief. Remember, she actually sat alongside the mother of the lad she had just murdered in a vicious brutal attack holding her hand for comfort.

You have to remember also that when this press conference was held, news of the murder had not long been in the national news so everyone who saw it felt a deal of sympathy for this 'poor girl'. Everyone was taken in by it (almost everyone!)......her performance was that good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jrio wrote: »
    You've never lied about anything in your life then. But if you have, we can discount everything you say as probably being a lie because you did it at least once.

Yes, everyone tells white lies but I've never made up accusations of abuse or fabricated a story to cover up a murder I've committed! Neither have I performed a convincing oscar winning performance in front of the general public.That's a whole different kettle of fish don't you think?
  • Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, everyone tells white lies but I've never made up accusations of abuse or fabricated a story to cover up a murder I've committed! Neither have I performed a convincing oscar winning performance in front of the general public.That's a whole different kettle of fish don't you think?
    It's only a question of degree and circumstances. If you had committed a murder in that situation, your reaction may have been little different. That's the nature of a person.

I don't recall Andrews actually winning an Oscar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jrio wrote: »
    It's only a question of degree and circumstances. If you had committed a murder in that situation, your reaction may have been little different. That's the nature of a person.

I don't recall Andrews actually winning an Oscar.

I'd never commit a murder and lie about it in the first place as I'm a law abiding citizen. So what my reaction would be if I did kill someone is completely irrelevant.

And of course she didn't win an Oscar...her performance was convincing enough though.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never commit a murder and lie about it in the first place as I'm a law abiding citizen. So what my reaction would be if I did kill someone is completely irrelevant.

And of course she didn't win an Oscar...her performance was convincing enough though.

Now there is a statement lol
    i think anyone is capable in certain circumstances to commit the act, ie in protection of your family, especially kids, and until a court decides otherwise it would be murder, then we would come to the lying bit, would you lie to stay with your family and evade a life sentence? what do any of us know until we are in that situation, no the majority of us wouldn't have committed the act she did,
    how many men on here have had fights and as you have got older thought of the consequences if someone had banged their head/slipped over, as i said her case totally different but life isn't so black and white;)
  • Options
    LilolemeLiloleme Posts: 5,839
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    That alone speaks volumes for your cavalier attitude, not to mention your total ignorance.

No it really doesn't.

I seem to have upset you, is it because I am questioning the gospel according to Dominic Mohan? ;)
  • Options
    LilolemeLiloleme Posts: 5,839
    Forum Member
    Do you regard every murder as possible self defence? If not, why have you singled out this one?

No Sparky I don't.

I didn't single out this one.

Try reading slower.

Regards.
  • Options
    crossbonescrossbones Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Never heard of her.

tracie andrews. like julie andrews except with a knife instead of a spoon.
  • Options
    The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Agree 100%. If life isn't to mean the rest of natural life then it should be at least 25 years for a fairly young person like she was. 14 years means she's still young enough to start over again. Her victim can't. :mad: So, 25 years then consider parole.

Glad you agree with me Chris, Too often the victims of heinous crimes are forgotten about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by crazychris12
    Agree 100%. If life isn't to mean the rest of natural life then it should be at least 25 years for a fairly young person like she was. 14 years means she's still young enough to start over again. Her victim can't. So, 25 years then consider parole.
    Glad you agree with me Chris, Too often the victims of heinous crimes are forgotten about.

This is one of the weirdest things about the nutters who support ridiculously long periods of custody for murderers. They nearly always focus on the undoubtedly long suffering of the victim's family, then absurdly they press for more suffering.

How do we reduce suffering by making more people suffer? That doesn't make any sense to me. Why advocate the sabotage of any chance of improving the horrible situation? It seems so needlessly vile to me.
  • Options
    crossbonescrossbones Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is one of the weirdest things about the nutters who support ridiculously long periods of custody for murderers. They nearly always focus on the undoubtedly long suffering of the victim's family, then absurdly they press for more suffering.

How do we reduce suffering by making more people suffer? That doesn't make any sense to me.

why is 25 years a ridiculously long sentence for the type of murder committed here? and why are the posters above "nutters" for even suggesting it? you just don't get it do you? what eases suffering for the family of the victim is the knowledge that the person who has caused it has been sentenced to a prison term that serves to provide a sense of justice. it's all very well being liberal and trying to espouse a sense of dignified, morally superior civility, but you can go too far the other way, and actually do more damage by forgetting who actually caused this destructive chain of events.
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    did you give your Friend the same reaction?
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44450811&highlight=#post44450811

not having a dig but as the saying goes until you have walked.......
    do you think the victim of your friends sons would be posting similar replies if they could? as you said the murder he commited was savage, as i keep saying i have no inside information about the Lee Harvey murder, so have to rely on the justice system to protect society, in this case, your friends son's case etc and really hope they get it right;)

I think it's a very valid point you raise here I understand what your saying tbh...My friend son has now been released from prison. The family of his Victim are waiting there chance to get hold of him! He isn't allowed into the area we live for obvious reason's & I can understand them being angry they had to grow up without a Father & the case was in all the paper's, So these Lad's are all privy to the gory detail's of how their father was murdered! My friend understand's this too even though he is her son & she loves him dearly, She can see it from the Family point of view! My friend & her daughter are also Victim's in this & have suffered abuse over the years mainly verbal! He did admit the crime from the off but has never said why he did this & it was out of charector for him but there is no question he did this & it was a Savage unprovoked attack....Only time will tell if he reoffends but like you I hope they have got it right! Good point though...:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crossbones wrote: »
    why is 25 years a ridiculously long sentence for the type of murder committed here?

The sentence is life. 25 years is a ridiculously long period of custody for any crime, by British standards. Release on licence would not mean an end to the sentence. We don't know yet whether the parole board will decide the prisoner should be released. It's their decision, not yours or mine.

and why are the posters above "nutters" for even suggesting it?

I outlined my reasoning in my posting. The intention seems to be to compound the damage by doing more damage.

you just don't get it do you? what eases suffering for the family of the victim is the knowledge that the person who has caused it has been sentenced to a prison term that serves to provide a sense of justice.

A sentence doesn't get any longer than life. After more than a decade now the family must really, seriously, pay attention to their own sanity, grieve and move on. Harming the murderer is not an option. The state took on that responsibility and carried it out.

it's all very well being liberal and trying to espouse a sense of dignified, morally superior civility, but you can go too far the other way, and actually do more damage by forgetting who actually caused this destructive chain of events.

At this point, the continued pressure for vengeance is what is destructive. The retributive part of the sentence has been served. The prisoner has been punished. Pressing for more punishment is vindictive, arbitrary, and smacks of spite. We have a system of laws in this country and in our legal system the only question remaining is whether the prisoner represents a threat to the public. The parole board will decide this. Spite and revenge will play no part in the decision. Which is good, because the reason why we have the legal system we have is because systems based on revenge got out of hand.
  • Options
    JonPaulWildJonPaulWild Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate liberal scum.