***SPOILER THREAD*** Saturday 2nd November!

Comments

• GibsonAndyGibsonAndy Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Olls~ wrote: »
    Yep :)

Thank you x
  • welshwaltzerwelshwaltzer Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    I don't think Rachel would have made it to the final anyway neither would Deborah, so no real harm done yet and hopefully people are starting to get fed up of the comedy routines (I certainly am). So maybe next week or the week after we will see proper voting. Normally we get the right couples in the final.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonAndy wrote: »
    It's a spoiler thread, there's no need for them, it's not like we're going to not talk about who's out afterwards.

Ali wasn't talking about this thread, she advised edy to use spoiler tags if she was going to post outside this thread.

Come on, it's Ali. Do you really think she doesn't have a handle on these things :p
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    lechatnoir wrote: »
    Abbey didn't deserve to be in the bottom two I agree, but this post is just :rolleyes: There are numerous examples of good looking women doing well in the public vote. I suppose Sophie's popularity is based on her ugliness in your opinion.

We don't know how the other women are doing in the public vote.

For all we know this could have been the result of the public vote in the lower regions of the scoring table:

6. Fiona
    7. Sophie
    8. Susanna
    9. Natalie
    10. Rachel
    11. Abbey

Yes, perhaps a bit unlikely, but it seems that Dave and Mark are popular and Ben (who isn't that much better) seems to be a hit on the social media. Ashley is still a question mark, while Patrick probably was not up that high (though he did do a good dance and had a bottom two bounce).
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Interesting result in terms of working out popularity. Here's the possible placements:

Natalie - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Abbey - 10th 11th
    Patrick - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Susanna - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Ashley - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Ben - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    Rachel - 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th
    Fiona - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    Sophie - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    Mark - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
    Dave - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th

So we know that Abbey had to have come last. Technically, Rachel may have been last, but it's unlikely since she was not in the bottom two of the public vote last week.

We can't tell if Patrick had a bottom two bounce, because he was so high up the leaderboard - we just know he outpolled Abbey, which he may have done last week as well.

Fiona and Sophie look to have a reasonably substantial public vote.

Mark and Dave look strong at this point in the voting.

I'm going to have a random shot at the rankings

1st - Natalie & Artem
    2nd - Susanna & Kevin
    3rd - Dave & Karen
    4th - Ashley & Ola
    5th - Sophie & Brendan
    6th - Ben & Kristina
    7th - Fiona & Anton
    8th - Mark & Iveta
    9th - Patrick & Anya
    10th - Rachel & Pasha
    11th - Abbey & Aljaz

Probably wrong though :o
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Something tells me that Dave and Karen will find themselves on the dance off next week ....:rolleyes:

Every week I say that but there are still in the competition :(.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winter99 wrote: »
    I'm going to have a random shot at the rankings

1st - Natalie & Artem
    2nd - Susanna & Kevin
    3rd - Dave & Karen
    4th - Ashley & Ola
    5th - Sophie & Brendan
    6th - Ben & Kristina
    7th - Mark & Iveta
    8th - Patrick & Anya
    9th - Fiona & Anton
    10th - Rachel & Pasha
    11th - Abbey & Aljaz

Probably wrong though :o

That can't be correct as Fiona & Anton would then be in the dance-off with Rachel & Pasha.

I still think Ashley's support is being overestimated, and I definitely think that of the boys he's coming behind Ben. (I also think Natalie's very low in the public vote.)
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    That can't be correct as Fiona & Anton would then be in the dance-off with Rachel & Pasha.

Whoops :o
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Pasha has choreographed dances with a lot of content, which I'm sure has been appreciated by Rachel.
    Their music hasn't been great for some of the dances - in this case I thought they should have toned down the singer and emphasised the flowing, repeating rhythm to make it feel more like a VW song. It was almost exactly like the original.

We did learn that Rachel was going to have to work very hard to be a reasonable dancer, and strangely, I liked her first dance the most and its a bit surprising to say that. Maybe she just needed two weeks to learn each new dance?

I think she was improving and she was going about everything the right way. I'm proud of her for that. She had a good teacher in Pasha, but Rachel was a good example of a celeb who had to work very very hard to make any progress at dancing. They both did well to keep working so hard for rewards that come much easier to other celebs.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ali wasn't talking about this thread, she advised edy to use spoiler tags if she was going to post outside this thread.

Come on, it's Ali. Do you really think she doesn't have a handle on these things :p

:o:o:o

Thanks hun and the only reason is I dropped a massive spoiler bomb last year and felt a total muppet. :D
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    Interesting result in terms of working out popularity. Here's the possible placements:

Natalie - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Abbey - 10th 11th
    Patrick - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Susanna - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Ashley - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Ben - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    Rachel - 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th
    Fiona - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    Sophie - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    Mark - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
    Dave - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th

So we know that Abbey had to have come last. Technically, Rachel may have been last, but it's unlikely since she was not in the bottom two of the public vote last week.

We can't tell if Patrick had a bottom two bounce, because he was so high up the leaderboard - we just know he outpolled Abbey, which he may have done last week as well.

Fiona and Sophie look to have a reasonably substantial public vote.

Mark and Dave look strong at this point in the voting.

on those placements Fiona, Sophie are good for the girls
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »

The bad press might see them off :eek:
    GibsonAndy wrote: »
    Thank you x

Welcome x
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something tells me that Dave and Karen will find themselves on the dance off next week ....:rolleyes:

I agree!:)
    The Sunday People story will make sure of it ;)
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    At least Pasha has choreographed dances with a lot of content, which I'm sure has been appreciated by Rachel.
    Their music hasn't been great for some of the dances - in this case I thought they should have toned down the singer and emphasised the flowing, repeating rhythm to make it feel more like a VW song. It was almost exactly like the original.

We did learn that Rachel was going to have to work very hard to be a reasonable dancer, and strangely, I liked her first dance the most and its a bit surprising to say that. Maybe she just needed two weeks to learn each new dance?

I think she was improving and she was going about everything the right way. I'm proud of her for that. She had a good teacher in Pasha, but Rachel was a good example of a celeb who had to work very very hard to make any progress at dancing. They both did well to keep working so hard for rewards that come much easier to other celebs.

It's a shame because this week was a breakthrough for her and Pasha - he choreographed a routine that was simple enough for her to do well. I'd have liked to see them progress a bit more since he'd got the hang of it.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    erin_p wrote: »
    I agree!:)
    The Sunday People story will make sure of it ;)

Two reasons.

The bad press vs Karen and also the fact that I think even Dave looked like he had had enough this week.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    My view entirely. Taking away the public vote would harm the show and obviously its current popularity is higher than ever so they must be doing something right (imo it provides a much warmer and more fun alternative to XFactor). The judges vote on dance ability, the public vote on whatever the heck they like and the judges get a second bite at the cherry with the dance off. Seems more than fair (and in fact slightly biased towards dancing skill!) to me.

No the only way to 'get Dave out' is to wait a few weeks until the public at large tire of him or think that it's got to the stage in the competition where they don't feel it'd be fair for him to stay. Happens every year.

Even people who don't watch the show can now vote for free .
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Shocked, but not surprised.

The biggest travesty though was the show in general, this is supposed to be a dance competition not a fancy dress contest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    :o:o:o

Thanks hun and the only reason is I dropped a massive spoiler bomb last year and felt a total muppet. :D

I almost did that in the non-app thread a minute ago! I forgot the tags, luckily I realized within a minute.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So do I. If it is any consolation to you, I don't think either Abbey or Rachel should have been in the bottom two. Especially Abbey:(
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,572
    Forum Member
    Hi all, first time posting in here! I read it every week though, and next week (when I'm not out, so watch the show live), I may even join in with some homemade treats and booze.

Sorry to be a massive snark but... re BIB (1) - I don't really think that you can call a public vote on an entertainment reality show "a disgrace". Unless you're willing to do a public broadcast or something to put an end to it. No ones opinion when it comes to a bit of fluff telly is "a disgrace".

BIB (2) - Which of the blokes do you mean, as out of 6 dances, Ashley has been higher on the leaderboard than Patrick 3 times, the other 3 have gone to Patrick. Ashley has always been higher than Ben (I think? They tied once?). Ben is not better than Patrick, but he may have beaten him on score sometimes, I dunno, not that fussed about Ben.

BIB (3) - Sophie, Abbey and Susanna yes, but how can you call Natalie inconsistent? She's one of the best dancers to ever appear on the show! Yes, due to her previous, but still!

BIB (4) - Do people watching this ONLY watch shows on the beeb? What is a BBC audience? I'm 34, I've watched telly shows on the beeb channels since before I can remember. Same for ITV. I also watch stuff on C4, E4, the Sky channels. I watch things because I like them. Not because of the channel they're on.

Grrr, sorry to be a cow. I'm just sick of seeing people write hyperbolic nonsense. How anyone can claim that Rachel being b2 tonight is a shocker mystifies me. Fine, she had a good week. One. Out of 6. Probably simply because she had a crap load of slap on, so got into character. I'm fine with her going. I would've been 2 weeks ago!:cool:

There's a long list of shows where popular people from one channel turn up on another and underperform in the votes. There are exceptions like Charlie Brooks winning IAC, but there seem few of them. Half the winners of SCD have come from BBC shows, 3 were sportsmen and two were singers. On the 1TV equivalent, Dancing on Ice, 5 out of 8 winners were known from ITV shows, 2 were sports personalities and one actually had been on the BBC, for 9 months. It remains to be seen if Natalie can do better than Eastenders actor Matt Lapinskas on DOI - who got top marks last season - and was in the bottom two of the public vote every week but one. There just is a correlation there - which seems to shape votes regardless of the merits of the performances - or if some individual viewers do change channels. Any way there's very few cases of someone popular from a popular show on one channel carrying that popularity to another channel..

A vote that regularly this series has dumped people from the mid field into the bottom two is dysfunctional. More so this series because the people at the bottom being kept have even less reason than usual for anyone to vote for them. There's no traditional SCD comic character who actually is funny, the only journey story among the weaker candidates, Deborah, was actually a victim of the vote, and the judges have been very careful moderating their comments- so as not to create an anti-judge candidate. There's just a group of votes going to demonstrably poor male candidates. Worse we now have no competition left as the only real challenger to Natalie so far on all around skill is revealed as having a dysmally low vote. No one has ever won after coming last in the vote.

Natalie has had her weaker dances and the judges have idfentified her problem areas. That may not matter, but if the wrong dance turns up at the wrong time, it will matter - unless she can deal with the issues or the judges mark them away. Others have their bigger problems, but those won't matter either if they get the right dances and choreography.

I can't think of a year when the men were collectively so far behind the women.- you would normally expect one in the top 3. Ashley on performance and marks is nearest. Patrick is behind him, but Patrick's marks this week were dubious in the extreme, and he's a decent gap behind Ashley even on those marks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    It's a shame because this week was a breakthrough for her and Pasha - he choreographed a routine that was simple enough for her to do well. I'd have liked to see them progress a bit more since he'd got the hang of it.

With Dave and Mark still left on the show and with Abbey and Rachel in the bottom with Rachel voted off it is a disgrace and a show up for the show some will scream entertainment factor yes but at the end of the day it is STILL a dancing competition.

This week Rachel danced one of her best and Abbey was good also but Mark and Dave were awful even Fiona wasn`t as good as last week. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olls~ wrote: »
    The bad press might see them off :eek:

Welcome x

Hopefully; I like them but cmon now !!! Enough is enough !!
    I didn't even find their dance funny or entertaining tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    So do I. If it is any consolation to you, I don't think either Abbey or Rachel should have been in the bottom two. Especially Abbey:(

I agree. Oh well....Cant wait to see the results show tomorrow.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Even people who don't watch the show can now vote for free .

Why would they though
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is mostly Females voting on reality tv shows and this is what happens. Abbey in the bottom two. The two middle age Geordie joke acts should be the next two out.