Options

EastEnders - Outstanding episode tonight!

Comments

• Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    >:(>:(>:(

Im breaking into your house and wallpapering it with photos of that bloke who takes his top off and porks Lauren's brains out 5 times daily! >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

I've already got his picture on a dart board?
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    I don't get it at all either tbh. I don't think it's embarrassing or anything like that but I don't really get what it's for.

To discuss the episode, if we didn't have one main thread the whole board would be overrun with different threads.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    To discuss the episode, if we didn't have one main thread the whole board would be overrun with different threads.

That's not what I meant, I was referring to the loads of writing that's often in the first posts.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    I've already got his picture on a dart board?

I wont ask where the bullseye is! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not what I meant, I was referring to the loads of writing that's often in the first posts.

To inform people of what the episode is about and sometimes some thread starters like to add extra like pasts clips and other info, the thanks and general chatter is just that chatter and being polite, I'm not sure what confusing about it, would think it's pretty self explanatory after 4 years.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Sharon and Ian should just get it on

No No & No
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last couple of weeks have been good (in my view), but this week has been a real turn around that the show has needed since the live week. Sharon and Ian's scenes, the return of Phil and Alfie surprisingly on good form made this an extremely gripping episode. The references to Lou, Pauline and Dennis were nice touches.

Maybe it's me, but Donna has gone up in my expectations. I don't know what's happened, maybe since her birthday and Claudette's introduction she has become more likeable.

I'm totally fine with the new Martin now, his storyline has been good.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Adam Woodyatt was really good in this episode. I reckon he's a shoo-in for Best Actor at the soap awards this year. Cindy's baby is one cute baby.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I see it as extra garnish and a nice add on to the threads. Too lazy to do any myself but theres often some nice clips posted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucasade16 wrote: »
    Ian and Sharon was outstanding, two main characters who've been some of the longest at the forefront was a brilliant move from Enders.

Plus the Kat trailer is emotional, such a good trailer!:D

I agree. DTC has really brought Sharon back to her best. Ian once again was stand out tonight.

Letitia and Adam really work well together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last couple of weeks have been good (in my view), but this week has been a real turn around that the show has needed since the live week. Sharon and Ian's scenes, the return of Phil and Alfie surprisingly on good form made this an extremely gripping episode. The references to Lou, Pauline and Dennis were nice touches.

Maybe it's me, but Donna has gone up in my expectations. I don't know what's happened, maybe since her birthday and Claudette's introduction she has become more likeable.

I'm totally fine with the new Martin now, his storyline has been good.

I agree Donna really has improved and she now has more purpose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To inform people of what the episode is about and sometimes some thread starters like to add extra like pasts clips and other info, the thanks and general chatter is just that chatter and being polite, I'm not sure what confusing about it, would think it's pretty self explanatory after 4 years.

Yes, but I don't really see the point of that. Watching the episode will tell you what it's about so why bother with a synopsis. I have no interest in the extra stuff like clips either, there's already so much to try and keep up with without all that, I'd just see it as a chore to read/watch. If others like it then great, it doesn't do anything for me.
    0...0 wrote: »
    I see it as extra garnish and a nice add on to the threads. Too lazy to do any myself but theres often some nice clips posted.

Fair enough. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    He does have his father's temper though.

I think Denny may be sent off to boarding school.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but I don't really see the point of that. Watching the episode will tell you what it's about so why bother with a synopsis. I have no interest in the extra stuff like clips either, there's already so much to try and keep up with without all that, I'd just see it as a chore to read/watch. If others like it then great, it doesn't do anything for me.

No it's not for everyone but it's simply to flesh out the episode thread and give info about the episode itself, the added stuff is optional and most can just ignore, that is why the spoiler tag is used so people have the choice to look or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it's not for everyone but it's simply to flesh out the episode thread and give info about the episode itself, the added stuff is optional and most can just ignore, that is why the spoiler tag is used so people have the choice to look or not.

Aye, true enough. Like I said if other folk like it then great, each to their own.
  • Options
    Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched it on catch up and thought it was a very good to,bIan and Sharon's nostalgic chat and Alfie's constant moaning at Donna were the highlights for me and the K ringing on the phone got me a little bit more excited
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I didn't enjoy large chunks of the episode this evening. I ended up texting through most of it and felt the episode didn't really move on. I've grown to like Martin a bit more which is something I suppose. I didn't see the Kat trailer. I'm looking forward to Kathy returning and I hope it turns out that Phil and Kathy are having an affair! I'd like to see Phil marry Kathy.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most exciting thing for me was seeing 'K' calling Phil's phone!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strange poll. 1 choice below average and 4 choices above average.

Anyway, I gave it a good. :)
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    The most exciting thing for me was seeing 'K' calling Phil's phone!
    Were you thinking what I was thinking? Kentucky Fried Chicken?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a pretty good episode. As a non Ian fan I was surprised to really enjoy him tonight. I'm glad he told Sharon some home truths about her parenting, but I get the impression she'll think he only said it out of anger and didn't mean. I'd like to see her take what he said on board and try to straighten Denny out.
    I think it's really very sad how Denny's turned out, Sharon could hardly be blamed for being overprotective after everything that had happened to her, she just wanted to protect him because she loved him so much. It's a terrible shame that that's turned into him just being a spoilt shit who behaves appallingly. A shame for him more than anyone, it's him who'll suffer the most as a result.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some posters need to wind their necks in. If someone is breaking the law - call the police. If someone is breaking the rules of the forum - alert the mods. Get off your high horse and hand in your forum police badge.

Charming, this is a discussion forum the point is to discuss. Who is breaking the law or forum rules:confused:
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode threads are for sole discussion of the current episode, there to keep things in order and gives everyone the opportunity to do one and yes people put varying degrees of effort into them, people like reading the info on the episode which takes less then a minute to copy and paste and I don't see anything wrong with the episode threads or why you think there embarrassing they get a lot of response from posters.

Saying thanks is just people being polite and I can't see how it's bemusing or showing school kid behaviour.

And tbh I don't think anyone who spends time posting on a forum can pass judgement on what kinds of life fellow members lead, it be a bit hypocritical don't you think.

Not passing judgement just have the feeling that I don't know anyone or I haven't ever met anyone who would be interested in 'creating',let alone reading such a thing.......seems like its from the extreme margins of 'fan behaviour' but its for a half hour of 'disposable take it or leave it telly of variable quality'.........Odd.:confused:.....why bother and for whom...just watch the show and let it go surely.......
  • Options
    BeerCupsBeerCups Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Were you thinking what I was thinking? Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Phil must have been watching the Billion Dollar Chicken Shop. :) He too loves the 5 day old chicken scraps gravy :)
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Letitia and Adam were great