Options

CS David, NotGavin and Les on the phone

sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,992
Forum Member
I bet the writers thought the scene with the three phone calls was brilliantly clever. Look at the complexity of the script - aren't we great. And the actors did us proud...

Well I thought it was a boring, stupid waste of time :p

Comments

• Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I bet the writers thought the scene with the three phone calls was brilliantly clever. Look at the complexity of the script - aren't we great. And the actors did us proud...

Well I thought it was a boring, stupid waste of time :p

I'm glad you mentioned that, I'd forgotten with all the other ridiculous moments to choose from.

What was that all about? Now if they'd have done it like the 'Two Ronnies' sketch where one person was asking a question on one phone and the other person was answering on the other,it might have been funny but you're right, a complete waste of a scene.

I think the intention was to build up the tension of what name FakeGavin would give to the emergency services within Michael's earshot. Big Fail :(
  • Options
    Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad you mentioned that, it was awfully done and I know for a fact if I was in a room full of people also on the phone I would be straight into the other room especially if it's important on the other end

FakeG and Michael really do bore the living daylights out of me
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I didn't get it either.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    It was an horrendous messy scene that was not even needed.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    This whole thing was annoying me as well. It was like Gail had a large part to play in it and she wasn't even there.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loads of the cast were missing in these episodes.

Nick/Sarah/Bethany live in the same block of flats as Carla. Nick's away and the two girls were with Audrey. Why wouldn't they take advantage of Nick's empty flat?

Perhaps they blew all the money on the fire although it didn't look that good imo.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had the look to me of some hastily manufactured filler, and not the first this week. I'm speculating, but I feel they've had to remove a few scenes and scrabble around desperately for replacements.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I think about it, it would have made a lot more sense to have Nick in his flat that night and actually feature in the scene rather than be referenced as elsewhere. He would feel the emotional impact much more than someone like Tyrone or Tim as he is close to Carla and would be losing his home (if the fire reached that far.) They might even have included a line with somebody about how it reminded them of the Tram Crash!
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    The more I think about it, it would have made a lot more sense to have Nick in his flat that night and actually feature in the scene rather than be referenced as elsewhere. He would feel the emotional impact much more than someone like Tyrone or Tim as he is close to Carla and would be losing his home (if the fire reached that far.) They might even have included a line with somebody about how it reminded them of the Tram Crash!
    I agree. It would have been good with Nick waking up to the fire raging and managing to escape. If his flat has been destroyed he will go to David and Gail's and will be there when Callum shows up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    It was totally stupid and not necessary.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Corrie at its finest. :D:D:D

I've really enjoyed it this week, but it's silly scenes like this & Liz's strop that's put a downer on it!
  • Options
    hallo girlhallo girl Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    If you notice these 'filler' scenes were all filmed in the studio, to provide excuses for certain characters not appearing in the outside scenes.Either something went wrong with the filming and they had to 'fill' in or they cut the costs by keeping the shoot to a small amount of people.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit random those scenes.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    It really was awful!
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought it was really crap not having Nick there. He's the one we most associate with Victoria Court and would've made it more interesting having another potential body!
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be be good if they put a big twist in tonight's episode like the body the firefighters found turns out to be Nick or Tony & not Kal but Stuart Blackburn doesn't do surprises.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    It was an horrendous messy scene that was not even needed.

This exactly. I did like the scene with David and Max later and thought that could have been a little longer. But the phones thing!!!! WTF!
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When NotGavin gave his name as Gavin Rodwell on the phone to the fire brigade, as he was within earshot of people who do not know any different, I could picture the police coming and asking why he gave the name of a dead man instead of his own!

As it is, Andy's drama as NotGavin is going to progress tomorrow....
    Oh, I think you meant David, NotGavin and Michael, but your secret's safe with me ;-)
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    To be honest a lot of the week has been a disappointing shambles for me!!

I'm no fan of Liz or Tracy but if we weren't going to have some sort of major showdown between them wtf have we had to endure all these months of the ghastly 'love triangle' for?

When the rescue was happening would Leanne, knowing how treacherous the situation was on the balcony, REALLY have stopped halfway down the ladder to pledge her undying love to Kal by accepting the proposal he hadn't even made yet?? I love Leanne as a character but really dear there's a time & place and that wasn't it!!

And to me there was just a lack of intensity for the situation a lot of the time!! The best acting came the next day as things died down after the fire!!

Also, as mentioned above there was too much ridiculous filler, the cringeworthy scenes with Liz throwing crockery and screeching while the two worst actors on the Street tried to have a 'comedy' scene of their own outside the door.., aarrgghh!!! Then the frankly weird phone scene you mention at the Platt's!! There were others too!!
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    ....oh and the 'wedding' itself was probably the most overhyped non-event in Corrie history!!

Sorry rant over!! There was good bits as well to be fair!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I think I must be the only person that liked that scene!
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Po-ta-to wrote: »
    I think I must be the only person that liked that scene!

Your not i enjoyed it