Options

Jules O’Dwyer used three dogs in final performance, not two

SpyInsiderSpyInsider Posts: 502
Forum Member
✭✭
Jules O’Dwyer who won Britain’s Got Talent 2015 last night has revealed she used a ‘stunt double’ dog for tightrope feature.

Jules O’Dwyer and Matisse won Britain’s Got Talent after impressing the British public and judges with their incredible dog performance.

Jules O’Dwyer is now being slammed for ‘misleading’ the public after revealing she used three dogs in her final performance – the public thought they’d only seen two.

Source: http://www.twitcelebgossip.com/15046-britains-got-talent-2015-jules-odwyer-used-stunt-double-dog-for-tightrope-trick/ | TwitCelebGossip

If you knew this last night, would this affect your voting? For me, not really. A dog still did that stunt.

Comments

• Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    Dan Wootton just posted about it on Twitter.

@danwootton: OMG! I'm outraged! Matisse had a stunt double on the tightrope! http://t.co/Cj1Ne6VS2t http://t.co/8sJ4F2KseO

The BGT producers must have agreed to it. I thought Simon's 'stunned' expression during the tight rope walk looked phoney. He knew all along!!

There's some angry people on Twitter who paid to vote. Guaranteed complaints to Ofcom!!
  • Options
    Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she train the dog to do that? If so, then I see no problem with that at all.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,191
    Forum Member
    I thought she used two dogs for the rope bit anyway (the dog she had there the other night, can't remember it's name, but it looked identical to Matisse). Because the dog appeared too quickly by the bin.

As you say, it wouldn't matter too much, a dog still did the trick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought she used two dogs for the rope bit anyway (the dog she had there the other night, can't remember it's name, but it looked identical to Matisse). Because the dog appeared too quickly by the bin.

As you say, it wouldn't matter too much, a dog still did the trick.
    It was Mace who helped out in the semi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trmcg5 wrote: »
    Did she train the dog to do that? If so, then I see no problem with that at all.

Same, might have been nice to see three dogs at the end, not two. That's my only issue as she hid it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Trmcg5 wrote: »

The problem is that she and the has mislead viewers. We were led to believe that it was Matisse doing the tightrope. That would've been the key reason as to why people were voting for the act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SpyInsider wrote: »
    Same, might have been nice to see three dogs at the end, not two. That's my only issue as she hid it.

Exactly. It was hidden. Take the prize money away from her. So misleading and fake to the viewers.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its a bit like a magician who uses a twin surely?
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares?

It's no different to when you watch a film and you see a Chris Pratt stunt double running away from a explosion or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who cares?

It's no different to when you watch a film and you see a Chris Pratt stunt double running away from a explosion or something.

Bit of a difference. We were voting for the dog who has this amazing talent, but it wasn't the dog we were voting for that was doing it. This isn't a film with an actors stunt double. We were purposely led to believe it was Matisse. Where was the third dog at the end if they were not covering it up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. It was hidden. Take the prize money away from her. So misleading and fake to the viewers.

I suppose she did train the hidden dog to do that? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SpyInsider wrote: »
    I suppose she did train the hidden dog to do that? :)

Of course, i'm not saying she didn't and I'm not criticising her for that. I'm unhappy with the fact that the act is Jules and Matisse. It was sold to viewers that it was Matisse on the tightrope and it wasn't. Why cover it up? Why hide it? Why not tell us.

People voted for the dog doing that trick. They didn't vote for some other dog to do it.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't be ridiculous. Do you ask for your money back when you go to the cinema and see a Harrison Ford stunt double?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bit of a difference. We were voting for the dog who has this amazing talent, but it wasn't the dog we were voting for that was doing it. This isn't a film with an actors stunt double. We were purposely led to believe it was Matisse. Where was the third dog at the end if they were not covering it up?
    I agree. It wasn't a magician's deception which is the act itself, it was plain old conman deception.

To be fair, I bet Jules asked if Mace, the third dog, could be revealed at the end but was probably told by scheming BGT producers to keep him a secret. Cowell at work and this time Ofcom might rap his knuckles because people paid money under false pretences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't be ridiculous. Do you ask for your money back when you go to the cinema and see a Harrison Ford stunt double?

Why are you comparing this to a movie? EVERYBODY knows actors use stunt doubles. For the last few weeks we have been led to believe that Matisse is an amazing dog with this amazing talent. People have been voting for this dog.

So when it turns out the dog didn't do the main bit of the show which would've generated votes then viewers have been lied to.

This is an act that has entered into a competition for us to vote for them. It's ridiculous to even compare to to a Harrison Ford film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, i'm not saying she didn't and I'm not criticising her for that. I'm unhappy with the fact that the act is Jules and Matisse. It was sold to viewers that it was Matisse on the tightrope and it wasn't. Why cover it up? Why hide it? Why not tell us.

People voted for the dog doing that trick. They didn't vote for some other dog to do it.

That's true. Maybe that's why the three legged dog went talkabouts on stage to find the 3rd hidden at the back?
  • Options
    deco96deco96 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Any dog that walks a tightrope deserves 250k in my opinion. People really have nothing better to do complaining about nothing
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,191
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    It was Mace who helped out in the semi.

Maybe she should think about changing the name of her act to Jules & Friends or something, rather than just Jules & Matisse. The other dogs dib out on the glory :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    deco96 wrote: »
    Any dog that walks a tightrope deserves 250k in my opinion. People really have nothing better to do complaining about nothing

I don't usually. But I feel cheated. I voted for Matisse. Not some dog that we never got told about.
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, this thread is just brilliant.

Bitter, much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dellzincht wrote: »
    Oh, this thread is just brilliant.

Bitter, much?

What would I possibly have to be bitter about? Come on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't vote, but I'm annoyed a god has won it again for one thing.

Now to find out there was actually 2 dogs posing as the same dog is just a joke, it should have been made clear to the viewer, and also..... the fact the 3rd dog didn't come out at the end tells me she was hiding this fact.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only issue would be that they didn't just reveal it on the night, Jules still trained the dog herself so I'm not really bothered who did the stunt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

hahaha, absolutely not the same thing.

The difference is how it's presented... you know when you're at the cinema what is on the screen isn't real. In this show, we were presented with a dog, Mattisse, that did tricks, so when you find out it wasn't that actual dog doing the best trick of them all it kind of kills it for people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess both the dog and the magician were trying to deceive us so they're as bad as each other! :D