Options

Miss Calfornia, and her stance against Gay Marriage!

Comments

• Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takkiya wrote: »
    That's it! "MARRIERD" is the "Word"!!!

Yes, marriage being the union of two people. Are you saying you agree with Miss California?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »
    And there it is!!! "IS" the "Verb"!!

....really still no clue. Would it be rude of me to ask you to start again?

Okay... the letter "a" means "minuscule" for me on this thread now! And "G" means "gynecology"!!!!!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... the letter "a" means "minuscule" for me on this thread now! And "G" means "gynecology"!!!!!!

So... lets see if I've got you correctly (which is a big if to be fair)... your major problem with gay marriage is that the word marriage has traditionally been defined in the dictionary as a union between a man and a woman and given that this is the case... well it can't ever change can it, even a little bit?... because definitions never evolve... they are always static... there's no difference between modern English language and the English spoken say a few hundred years ago (or even a few decades ago)... so to allow this would be akin to inviting a tower of babel situation where people redefine any word on a whim to mean something entirely random and unrelated to the original definition.

Really... is that it? :confused:
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freedom of speech is great, it is just a shame that people don't want you to have it.

The audience seemed to have agreed with her going by all the clapping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Freedom of speech is great, it is just a shame that people don't want you to have it.

The audience seemed to have agreed with her going by all the clapping.

So why does her freedom of speech rights to say what she said mean that I'm wrong to use my own freedom of expression to disagree and not vote for her (not that I would vote in this but as a hypothetical).

Again, why is saying "gay-marriage is wrong" wonderful and courageous but saying "i disagree with someone who says gay marriage is wrong" reflected as being almost unfortunate?

Why is one persons right to an opinion greater than someone elses?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bookends wrote: »
    So... lets see if I've got you correctly (which is a big if to be fair)... your major problem with gay marriage is that the word marriage has traditionally been defined in the dictionary as a union between a man and a woman and given that this is the case... well it can't ever change can it, even a little bit?... because definitions never evolve... they are always static... there's no difference between modern English language and the English spoken say a few hundred years ago (or even a few decades ago)... so to allow this would be akin to inviting a tower of babel situation where people redefine any word on a whim to mean something entirely random and unrelated to the original definition.

Really... is that it? :confused:

Yes! That's it!

IT Means, What It Means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Why is one persons right to an opinion greater than someone elses?
    Only when they disagree with you. However, what's almost refreshing, is that whilst sadly, in public, they applaud her, when not exposed to public view, voting was different. Not as many people are opposed to gay rights as one might at first suppose. The ones that are make such a bloody noise though. However, the more liberal majority see it as just bonkers ranting, don't let it get to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/b][/i][/u]

Yes! That's it!

IT Means, What It Means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT is also defined thus. Do I see a problem with any of those definitions? No.

If that's your only objection I think your argument is pretty damn poor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not PC of you!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it? That's a shame...

Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bookends wrote: »
    Isn't it? That's a shame...

Care to elaborate?

Oh please dont.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mojorisin' wrote: »
    I completely agree that she had a right to say how she felt and those who disagreed had a right to oppose her....but some of you are missing the bigger picture...

Disagreeing in a respectful manner is a whole lot different than posting "dumb bitch" on your celebrity blog...don't you think? She's dumb apparently because she doesn't see it how Perez Hilton does...well then we should all be so dumb...

Just because Perez is gay himself..doesn't make him this caped gay crusader...on the contrary since he has outed gays who were either not ready to come out or didn't plan to come out.....and if a straight person did that to gay people...I seriously wonder how it would go over?

Perez Hilton is a rude...obnoxious...egomaniac and his followers are dupes who worship at the altar of celebrity and Perez has only one goal...to be the most famous celebrity of them all...

There are those who say he became a judge on Miss USA with an agenda...a gay agenda but I feel his only agenda is to be provocative enough to make headlines....and people are guillable enough to soak it up...

Miss California may not be the brightest bulb in the lamp or just may be inarticulate....but Perez Hilton is a something that should be oozing out of a garbage can..

& what are all these beauty pageants about?

i thought the usual route to becoming a judge on a contest was to be 'invited'
    not just 'appear'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »
    Oh please dont.

I'm looking at it as an opportunity to develop my lateral thinking ability... (although you might want to substitute "lateral" for just "ludicrous".):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    perez hilton is a parasitical leach of no discernable talent that does more of a disservice to the gay community than a "cute but stupid " blonde bimbo ever could .

guy is a waste of oxygen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an aside... I don't like Perez Hilton either... that's not the point though.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to her for actually having an opinion
  • Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Fair play to her for actually having an opinion

Pity its a damaging and backwards one.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    Pity its a damaging and backwards one.

everyone is allowed an opinion even if other people disagree with it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Precisely... having an opinion is hardly a remarkable thing in and of itself.
  • Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True, but most people only allow freedom of speech within their own boundries so that comment is always a bit wierd to me.

The fact is this girl is speaking for a backwards country and when idiots like her express their invalid and damaging opinions, it sets back millions of other people who are doing their best to force progression.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL What next? Brave and honest racists?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Nick Griffin deserve praise for being brave enough for having an opinion different to the majority?
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having an opinion that gay marriage is wrong is to me akin to having an opinion that blonde hair is wrong.

That is, its an opinion with absolutely nothing concrete to back it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine expecting sense at a beauty pagent anyway! Hilton should stick to rubbishing stars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's probably prayin' for us. Hilton was sent to test her faith. There is a look of Linda Blair about him when you think about it...