Nicki Minaj Appreciation Thread

Comments

• ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just searched for Pink Friday on iTunes and then Nicki Minaj and the album didn't come up - what's with that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to picking up my copy tomorrow, hope it's been worth the wait! :D
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    I've just searched for Pink Friday on iTunes and then Nicki Minaj and the album didn't come up - what's with that?

It's released tomorrow, so might be on iTunes later on tonight. Some of us have got it early because we pre-ordered it and sometimes receive 2 days before it's out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Tesco today and they didn't have it. I don't mean it had sold out, I mean they were not seeling it. It was no where to be seen in their top 100.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BP4L wrote: »
    I went to Tesco today and they didn't have it. I don't mean it had sold out, I mean they were not seeling it. It was no where to be seen in their top 100.

How weird. It's on iTunes (where it wasn't even listed yesterday). Hmm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Pink Monday everyone!
    Forum Member
    I think they should have promoted her over here more. There's not been one performance of her in the UK. So there's probably still quite a few people who don't know who she is :(.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Nicki isn't big over here to be honest. Most american urban or rap acts are not successful over here. Drake isn't. Lil wayne isn't.

It only took Jay z until last year to actually have some sales success

Jason derulo has just been one of the recent lucky few.
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Nicki isn't big over here to be honest. Most american urban or rap acts are not successful over here. Drake isn't. Lil wayne isn't.

It only took Jay z until last year to actually have some sales success

Jason derulo has just been one of the recent lucky few.

I suppose thats because Jason Derulo is Pop/RnB and that kinda stuff is more popular in the charts etc. Drake and Lil Wayne are really popular, but like you said, there's sales aren't brilliant in the UK. I think they're tours do/probably would do really well though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, my friends wouldn't know who she was and the songs she's featured on haven't been popular or even released in the UK.
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    what songs are people liking on Pink Friday then?
    i have listened through once, and theres about 3 tracks which i really did not like at all, but mostly its a great album.
    i love Fly featuring rihanna, also love the track featuring drake and 'save me' is probably my fave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink Friday is amazing, cannot pick a favourite song because they are all great. Probably would have to narrow it down to Roman's Revenge if I had to though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished first listen, not overly keen on the Natasha Bedingfield track, otherwise I love it. Will have to put it on extra loud at more decent time tomorrow. loved Save Me, Moment 4 life especially.
    Forum Member
    soapbox34 wrote: »
    Just finished first listen, not overly keen on the Natasha Bedingfield track, otherwise I love it. Will have to put it on extra loud at more decent time tomorrow. loved Save Me, Moment 4 life especially.

That's what I still need to do. That's when I'll be able to judge better when I hear it at it's best lol.

I've listened to most of it through my iPod and there hasn't been a song I haven't like yet. Still need to listen to 'Last Chance ' though, and the last couple of songs, but so far I seem to like it all.

Anyone listened to the 4 bonus tracks plus the 'Best Buy' exclusive extra track? Here are the songs.....

Super Bass

Blow Ya Mind - This is the old version because I couldn't find the new one. The new one I have sounds more rockier at the beginning of the song, before the beat kicks in.

Muny

Girl's Fall Like Dominoes. It's samples a song, don't know the name of it but you'll instantly recognise it.

There's another two songs called 'Catch Me' and 'Wave Ya Hand', but can't seem to find them on Youtube.

Why weren't these songs on the album? They sound really good. "Super Bass', 'Blow Ya Mind' and 'Girl's Fall Like Dominoes' in particular :(.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought Pink Friday last night and I absolutely love it! I've listened to it all the way through 3 times and I don't think theres one bad song! So many could be singles!

I waited so many months for this album and it has exceeded all of my expectations!:D
    Forum Member
    shes 25 in the midweeks! which is quite an achievment i think!
    Forum Member
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    shes 25 in the midweeks! which is quite an achievment i think!

Thats really good I think. As mentioned earlier, there's been no promo etc.

I've listened to the album loud on my stereo and I love it. All album needs to be played loud ;).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played loud and yep it's awesome. Going to have to get these extra tracks!!!!
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    That's what I still need to do. That's when I'll be able to judge better when I hear it at it's best lol.

I've listened to most of it through my iPod and there hasn't been a song I haven't like yet. Still need to listen to 'Last Chance ' though, and the last couple of songs, but so far I seem to like it all.

Anyone listened to the 4 bonus tracks plus the 'Best Buy' exclusive extra track? Here are the songs.....

Super Bass

Blow Ya Mind - This is the old version because I couldn't find the new one. The new one I have sounds more rockier at the beginning of the song, before the beat kicks in.

Muny

Girl's Fall Like Dominoes. It's samples a song, don't know the name of it but you'll instantly recognise it.

There's another two songs called 'Catch Me' and 'Wave Ya Hand', but can't seem to find them on Youtube.

Why weren't these songs on the album? They sound really good. "Super Bass', 'Blow Ya Mind' and 'Girl's Fall Like Dominoes' in particular :(.

so where are these songs actually from then?
    are they songs that didnt make the album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Brought the album today. They didn't have it when I looked in Asda yesterday (they weren't selling it their, or it wasn't listed on it's charts).

But they have it in HMV :). What do you guys reckon she should release as future singles ?

Obviously she's done Check It Out. and 'Right Thru Me' is the current one.

I wonder if they'll cash in on the Rihanna one, and have a music video with her in and so on ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The deluxe album, it's on ITunes. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Romans Revenge and Blazin should be singles!

It's such an amazing album, I can't stop playing it!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -red10laf- wrote: »

But wouldn't Romans Revenge just be bleep after bleep after bleep :D.
    Forum Member
    All bonus tracks as Soapbox34 said.

Wish 'Massive Attack' was on there too. Love that song.
    x-xLizx-x wrote: »
    Brought the album today. They didn't have it when I looked in Asda yesterday (they weren't selling it their, or it wasn't listed on it's charts).

But they have it in HMV :). What do you guys reckon she should release as future singles ?

Obviously she's done Check It Out. and 'Right Thru Me' is the current one.

I wonder if they'll cash in on the Rihanna one, and have a music video with her in and so on ?
    I think they might release at some point. I think it'd be best not to release it too soon because to me it kinda has that airy feel (can't explain it any other way lol) that 'RIght Thru Me' has. Well actually I think it'd well regardless lol. 'Blazin' would be a good choice.

Apparently 'Moment 4 Life' might be next. I think that a good choice too, more urban sounding so she can reach out to different audiences. With 'Check It Out' being quite pop, and 'Right Thru Me' being quite in between I'd say.
    -red10laf- wrote: »

Yeah Love 'Romans Revenge', but all the editing they'll have to do because of the words just takes away from it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New video:

Keyisha Cole & Nicki Minaj - I Ain't Thru

I don't know why Lil' Kim was on the same track as Nicki if she was so opposed to her, hmm...
    Grindin' Making Money