Options

Questions about TV 'Hidden Camera' show Off Their Rockers

brymbo76brymbo76 Posts: 216
Forum Member
Two things I can't understand about this show.

1. Just how hidden are the hidden cameras?
You sometimes see what looks like 4 different camera angles on some of the sketches and some of the sketches are in places that would look strange if 4 different people were stood there holding a 'hidden' camera, so just what type of cameras are used and are they hidden or not? And how are they hidden too?

2. People in the background walking by, why are some faces blurred out and others not?
Have the producers asked them specifically if they want their face blurred out or not? Or are there professional reasons why some people can't reveal their identity? Maybe because of their line of work, say undercover police officer?

Would anyone know any of this information?
Hope you can explain it here.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the blurring of faces - producers must ask permission of all involved for their faces to be shown. If the producers can't track someone down, or permission wasn't given, then their faces will be blurred.
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I question if it is genuine at all? Seems fake and put up to me.
  • Options
    ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its fake, in the last series a shop assistant was being set up, i counted four different HD camera angles (with one behind the counter), now surely she would of noticed them, its the same with some of the other set-ups, there is too many cameras around.
  • Options
    brymbo76brymbo76 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    When was the last series shown?
    Never heard of it until this series.
  • Options
    ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brymbo76 wrote: »
    When was the last series shown?
    Never heard of it until this series.

The first series ran from 7 April until 12 May 2013.
  • Options
    JohnQuigJohnQuig Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Comedykev wrote: »
    I think its fake, in the last series a shop assistant was being set up, i counted four different HD camera angles (with one behind the counter), now surely she would of noticed them, its the same with some of the other set-ups, there is too many cameras around.

I know of the company that rented out the hidden cameras - they're so minute and tiny - and HD, btw - that you wouldn't notice them even if you were looking directly at them. They can be hidden anywhere.