'British' teenagers apparently see Islamic State scum as "pop idols"

Comments

• flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I know a lot of teenagers enjoy getting stoned perhaps some confusion here.

Don't they realise they can also get stoned by an angry religious crowd, for getting stoned on drink and drugs.
  • tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wanting a 'caliphate' does not make a 15 year old into a 'zealous little sadist'. An idiot perhaps.

And Isis are the bad-boy gang leaders they see. They meet someone on-line (in this case, a nice sounding woman) who tells them the ways and means, and off they go on their big adventure.

They have behaved unscrupulously, and apart from anything else, may have caused indescribable pain to those who love them. But a 15 year old is not a 25 year old. Most 15 year olds who do stupid, selfish things grow up and feel ashamed. They may not get the chance.

I said a 7th century caliphate. Feel free to edit my posts to suit your argument though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said a 7th century caliphate. Feel free to edit my posts to suit your argument though.

Sigh. "Wanting a 7th century caliphate does not make a 15 year old into a 'zealous little sadist'. An idiot perhaps. "
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wanting a 'caliphate' does not make a 15 year old into a 'zealous little sadist'. An idiot perhaps.

And Isis are the bad-boy gang leaders they see. They meet someone on-line (in this case, a nice sounding woman) who tells them the ways and means, and off they go on their big adventure.

They have behaved unscrupulously, and apart from anything else, may have caused indescribable pain to those who love them. But a 15 year old is not a 25 year old. Most 15 year olds who do stupid, selfish things grow up and feel ashamed. They may not get the chance.

Then there are certainly a shitload of home grown 'idiots' here then - and most of them are not teenagers - far from it in fact.

I would not live in Luton (for example) if you paid me.

The fact that the country has sleepwalked into this situation is a national disgrace.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would not live in Luton (for example) if you paid me.

Too many brown people?
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Distancing myself from the haters here.
    I just think its f*cking sad that kids can be duped in this way. All teenagers have the tendency to rebel against their parents, and be secretive and many of them are highly idealistic. Just talk to them about animal welfare, or world poverty or injustice. But they aren't smart enough to know when adults are manipulating them, and twisting them.
    F*cking sad.
  • tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh. "Wanting a 7th century caliphate does not make a 15 year old into a 'zealous little sadist'. An idiot perhaps. "

Perhaps just a hopeless romantic. :D
  • jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    I just think its f*cking sad that kids can be duped in this way. All teenagers have the tendency to rebel against their parents, and be secretive and many of them are highly idealistic. Just talk to them about animal welfare, or world poverty or injustice. But they aren't smart enough to know when adults are manipulating them, and twisting them.
    F*cking sad.

They know exactly what they're getting themselves into, they have bloodlust and want to emulate their prophet.

I feel no sympathy for them, only their poor victims
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    F*cking sad.

Exactly. These are kids we're talking about here. Easily manipulated, despite their colour or religion.
    jclock66 wrote: »
    They know exactly what they're getting themselves into, they have bloodlust and want to emulate their prophet.

I feel no sympathy for them, only their poor victims

You think? You'd say this about the teenage girls manipulated every day by unscrupulous adults into sex would you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skazza wrote: »
    You think? You'd say this about the teenage girls manipulated every day by unscrupulous adults into sex would you?

I find that comparison quite offensive.

Those girls just want to be loved. These kids want to join a truly evil terrorist organisation and slaughter innocent people.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. These are kids we're talking about here. Easily manipulated, despite their colour or religion.
    Only just, they're 15, one year away from being able to get married. One of these girls had subscribed to 100s of jihadis on twitter, who regularly post pictures of beheadings, executions carried out by children etc. There is no way you can claim they are not aware of the horrors being carried out by the organisation they are joining.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find that comparison quite offensive.

Those girls just want to be loved. These kids want to join a truly evil terrorist organisation and slaughter innocent people.

Offensive? Didn't have you down as part of the 'easily offended brigade.'

I'll have to remember that.

No, it's about easily manipulated teenagers being easily manipulated. Same thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, it's about easily manipulated teenagers being easily manipulated. Same thing.

I'm not easily offended it is just a particularly stupid comparison. Surely you are intelligent to know the difference between a prostitute and a mindless murderer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not easily offended but it is just a particularly stupid comparison.

Surely you are intelligent to know the difference between a prostitute and a mindless murderer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Only just, they're 15, one year away from being able to get married. One of these girls had subscribed to 100s of jihadis on twitter, who regularly post pictures of beheadings, executions carried out by children etc. There is no way you can claim they are not aware of the horrors being carried out by the organisation they are joining.

As a poster said up thread, they're not seeing it like you are. They are children at 15. I have a degree of sympathy for them, hope they're brought back home, and I hope they're educated as to just what they were at risk of joining.

I'm not a Daesh apologist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many brown people?

Pathetic.

Is that the race card I see being drawn before me? :D

I don't give a shit about what colour someone is - I just cannot stand Islamic fanatics and Luton is crawling with them - if they were bright pink or polka-dot I would feel exactly the same way.

Oh and Islam is not a race - how many times does that have to be repeated on here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not easily offended but it is just a particularly stupid comparison.

Surely you are intelligent to know the difference between a prostitute and a mindless murderer.

Prostitutes? Jeez.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Pathetic.

I don't give a shit about what colour someone is - I just cannot stand Islamic fanatics and Luton is crawling with them - if they were bright pink or polka-dot I would feel exactly the same way.

Oh and Islam is not a race - how many times does that have to be repeated on here?

:D

Its appearance always equals loss of argument.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic.

Was a simple question. Fair enough your answer.

No race card, Islam isn't a race, you don't have to repeat anything, and I think you're protesting too much.
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

alL.It's not the same thing at all. Abused girls are victims. Jihadists, all fired up by video nasties, want to make other people into victims. Big difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prostitutes? Jeez.

That's what I thought you were talking about when you wrote this:

OK so you were talking about girls being groomed. I have a great deal of sympathy for those kids, they have certainly done nothing wrong.

Do you have sympathy for all murdering teenagers or is it just kids that join ISIS?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought you were talking about when you wrote this:

OK so you were talking about girls being groomed. I have a great deal of sympathy for those kids, they have certainly done nothing wrong.

Do you have sympathy for all murdering teenagers or is it just kids that join ISIS?

So you know that there's such a thing as grooming then? That's a start I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a simple question. Fair enough your answer.

No race card, Islam isn't a race, you don't have to repeat anything, and I think you're protesting too much.

Well you would be wrong.

I am a secular humanist and in my opinion the worst of all the world's great religions (against some very stiff competition) is Islam.

Try looking around the planet in the 21st century - and deny that if you can.

And please do not bother using the 'No True Scotsman' logical fallacy in your reply. :D
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Seems to me that those particular 15 year olds who keep cropping up were mostly groomed by their own parents. That's a sad state of affairs.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Jihad Idol with head judge Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi and Jihadi John. Sounds catchy.

There is multiple other people they could see role models, both Muslim and non-Muslim.

Something is fundamentally wrong with anyone who sees killers as "heroes".